Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach
Aonang Cliff Beach Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$75
$61
Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$55
$48
Krabi Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$249
$52
Agoda.com
Peace Laguna Resort and Spa(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$64
$52
  • Pool
$64
$44
$81
$61
Agoda.com
Phra Nang Inn(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$49
$155
$120
  • Breakfast included
1,950 results
All reviewskids clubsala talaypool access roomkids poolkids suitewave barthe penthousenew wingtuk tukao nang beachopposite the beachgarden viewlong tail boatlarge poolpool sidephi phibuffet breakfast
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I have seen some pretty terrible reports about this resort but what I saw at the resort can be sorted out quite easily
reception was awkward as the room was not ready quite a few people were lounging around waiting for rooms to be made available and with a very high humidity and heat it would have made sense to have complimentary cold drinks available to people sweltering away in the heat as I said simple problem simple solution it was pretty obvious at peak times at breakfast there is not enough tables available and we had to wait 15 minutes before a table become available our solution was to go to breakfast earlier but I don’t see how they can solve the seating arrangements as the restaurant is on the first floor one very serious problem we had was the child seats all the ones we could find did not have proper straps fitted and were tied together using a Knot it only takes on child to fall and the hotel will have a serious publicity issue we used a car seat to sit our child and we got some jealous looks from other parents regarding this the rooms were clean we had rooms facing the river not the pools the pools were good and the drinks in the fridge are very reasonably priced I don’t doubt the convenience store just outside the resort has something to do with the pricing would I stay there again yes I probably would but I’m not a seaside person we only stayed because the wife is mad for the sea

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank udornbound
Elyes_Ben_B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Guest,
Greeting from Holiday Inn Krabi, Ao Nang Beach. Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to write a comment of your experience with us on TripAdvisor.com.

Firstly, please accept my sincerest apology for the inconvenience you experienced whilst staying with us. We, at Holiday Inn Krabi, understand the importance of fulfilling our guest’s expectations.
Please allow me to take your comments with all its points and use it as training and learning exercise for our associates to ensure fine tuning is made for the future. Please rest assured that I have personally spoken in details to all head departments concerned.
I would like to thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Krabi, I hope that I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our Hotel on your next visit to Krabi and please contact me directly should your travel plans bring you back here. I will personally take care of the arrangement to ensure your next experience with us is a flawless one.

Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for merely 2 nights.It was a short stay but we enjoyed it there.We booked a pool access room but unfortunately it was full and were upgraded to Kid's Suite with no additional charges.Though we had to wait for an hour and a bit for the room to be ready,check-in was smooth and breezy with the staff efficiency.My girls and husband soaked themselves in the pool while waiting and I killed my time by adoring the lovely lanscape of the hotel.The pool is cool.There is a designated pool for young children with cute looking slides.Adult pool has small jacuzzi and a pool bar.The room that we stayed was spacious and it has a small cute sink for the little ones.Location wise I wouldn't say the best because most of the hotels or resort at Ao Nang is quite distant from Krabi town.It all depends on your choice and budget.Outside hotel has varieties of island hopping packages,so it's easy for you who are up for it.We love this hotel and would love to stay again in future.One of the areas that may need some improvement is perhaps the room service menu and also the breakfast spread.There are not many choices of food provided.Others are superbly excellent.Two thumbs up!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us at Trip Advisor.
We were very pleased to learn that you had a wonderful stay with us recently and that you enjoyed our property and services. Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and thanks to your positve comment and feedback that we are able to maintain on our service standard. It's always a great pleasure reading a positive reviews from our valuable guest such as yours.

Again thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Krabi. We certainly look forward to welcome you back at our resort on your next visit to Krabi.

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Great family hotel, must have been recently renovated as our room seemed very new. We traveled as family of 5, and the family room was perfect, great layout and amazing ocean views from the 4th floor. Location right on the beach, fantastic swimming pool area for kids with several waterslides and one of the best kids clubs we have been too. Loved the breakfast. All round perfect hotel for young families. Only feedback to hotel, waterslides did not open until 10, our kids are up at 6! and tried to book a family room via loyalty program but family room came up as unavailable with points and only could be booked via payment - found the hotel website difficult to book overall. Look forward to returning!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Location:

Holiday Inn is conveniently located in Ao Nang, a 20-45 minutes drive from the airport (depending on the traffic). Right in front off the hotel there is a beach, but the water is not clean nor beautiful (it´s an ugly beach as a matter of fact... we decided against it), specially if you consider the other beaches nearby. Hovewer, in this same beach you can rent longtail boats or even speedboats that can get you anywhere you want (and also drop you off on the return, meaning you can get back to your hotel in a 2 minute walk....).
There is a minimarket next to the hotel with great prices and a nice selection of ammenities, which is quite handy.
Finally, if you want to reach Ao Nang Town, just take left as soon as you leave the hotel and walk for 10-20 minutes. The town is in walking distance and there you cand find plenty of restaurants, massage parlors, tourism agencies, shops, basically anything you want.
Overall, we found the location excellent and recommend it.

Service:

The staff speaks reasonable English and the service were Ok, not impressive or exciting but fine, although a little bit impersonal for my taste. The hotel offers a tour desk next to the lobby which is very convenient for booking tours, renting longtail boats, shuttles from and to the airport and so on. We wanted to do a private tour to Hong Island (highly recommended) so the tour company representative took care of all the details, from booking to payment and all of this in a very short notice (the afternoon of the previous day where the tour took place). The company hired delivered good service and overall it was a nice experience (much better than the longtail boat service we hired ourselves at Koh Phi Phi). It´s quite handy that you depart (and return) from the beach in front off the hotel, which means you don´t get to spend precious minutes of your time reaching a meeting point or the likes of.
Overall, despite the fact that some of the staff could be a little bit more friendly and caring, the quality of service was good and we have no major complaints .

The room

The room was big, clean and modern. The fan and the AC did excellent jobs lowering the temperatures and there´s also a minibar available. We booked for a "Premier Double Room with Pool View" but we were at third floor (the highest) far away from the pool and our view was only parcial, since we stayed at room 5308 (almost in the end of the floor). If money (or noise during daylight time) is not a major concern here, I´d definitelly suggest going for the rooms with direct acess to the pools.

The hotel facilities

The hotel has two major pools and a smaller one for kids and they were great (specially if you consider that the beach in front off the hotel is not good). Talk about a nice place to chill out, drinking cocktails, beers of even going for a snack. It gets even better if you have kids, since there are kids and teens zones over the hotel, and even waterslides so they can get fully immersed while all you need to do is relax and enjoy ourself. The hotel also has a fitness center, a pool table and a spa area, although we didn´t try them.

The breakfast

We found the breakfast slightly above average; good but not fantastic. There were some decent amount of options to choose for, but there were times when some of them ran out and no replacement was available.

The experience

The hotel met our expectations, the location is very good and the prices reasonable; the fact that the hotel has plenty of options for families and kids is very handy, and so is the tourism desk next to the hotel lobby. Bear in mind that the beach in front off Holiday Inn is really lacking in comparison to nearby beaches but this is only a major concern if you intend to just stay at the hotel. If you choose to stay in Railay Beach, Ko Lanta or even other places because of the beaches, that´s fine, but if your choice is Ao Nang area, Holiday Inn is a great option and therefore we recommend it.
As a final recommendation, don´t forget to pay a visit to Carnivoire Restaurant. It´s about 1 mile away from the hotel and it´s THAT GOOD (one of the best steaks I´ve ever had in my life)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us at Trip Advisor.
We were very pleased to learn that you had a nice stay with us recently and that you enjoyed our property and services. Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and thanks to your positve comment and feedback that we are able to maintain on our service standard. It's always a great pleasure reading a positive reviews from our valuable guest such as yours.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was our second destination during our recent Thailand trip. Stayed here from May 7 - May 9

I had mixed feelings about this hotel after staying there for 2 days.

On the plus side: The hotel is located at the Ao Nang Beach, which is right across the street (literally) and the restaurant provides scenic views of the ocean while you are dining there. We had breakfast there during our stay and their range of options (even for vegetarians) were second to none. Hotel is also close to the pier from where you can take speed boats to nearby island (so you save some time on travel). It also has 2 large pools and a kid's pool, with plenty of sun beds, if you want to relax.

On the Negative Side: Its in a kind of secluded area and gets deserted really fast in the evening. So, one may not feel safe to go out at night. It is also a bit away from the main shopping/dining area and doesn't have too many good restaurants around (a good 20 min walk or 30 baht per person ride). The staff, in my opinion, was not the friendliest staff that I have interacted with. On one occasion, I dialed extension for housekeeping and it somehow got transferred to room service. The lady on the other side couldn't understand a bit of what I was asking for and out of frustration, shouted at me and asked me to dial the right extension. The rooms are also designed in an old fashioned way (old, rusty looks, wall paint gave me a feeling of garage) and the switches are not located in convenient locations (night lamp switch was located next to bathroom and no centralized control board, which is a common feature in most good hotels these days).

Overall, I would say that this hotel was good, but could have been much better.

Room Tip: Get a pool access room, if your budget allows.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DRM19
Elyes_Ben_B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Holiday Inn Krabi and hope your trip back home was very fine.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am sorry that your stay with us has fallen short of your expectations. Your kind feedback is well received and I look forward to discussing these points further with my team.
If you are planning another visit to Krabi, please stay in touch with me directly and I will be very happy to assist in making the most appropriate recommendations to best suit your reservation requirements.
Kind Regards,