“Good hotel, nice destination for families and kids”

Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach
Ranked #14 of 111 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Location:

Holiday Inn is conveniently located in Ao Nang, a 20-45 minutes drive from the airport (depending on the traffic). Right in front off the hotel there is a beach, but the water is not clean nor beautiful (it´s an ugly beach as a matter of fact... we decided against it), specially if you consider the other beaches nearby. Hovewer, in this same beach you can rent longtail boats or even speedboats that can get you anywhere you want (and also drop you off on the return, meaning you can get back to your hotel in a 2 minute walk....).
There is a minimarket next to the hotel with great prices and a nice selection of ammenities, which is quite handy.
Finally, if you want to reach Ao Nang Town, just take left as soon as you leave the hotel and walk for 10-20 minutes. The town is in walking distance and there you cand find plenty of restaurants, massage parlors, tourism agencies, shops, basically anything you want.
Overall, we found the location excellent and recommend it.

Service:

The staff speaks reasonable English and the service were Ok, not impressive or exciting but fine, although a little bit impersonal for my taste. The hotel offers a tour desk next to the lobby which is very convenient for booking tours, renting longtail boats, shuttles from and to the airport and so on. We wanted to do a private tour to Hong Island (highly recommended) so the tour company representative took care of all the details, from booking to payment and all of this in a very short notice (the afternoon of the previous day where the tour took place). The company hired delivered good service and overall it was a nice experience (much better than the longtail boat service we hired ourselves at Koh Phi Phi). It´s quite handy that you depart (and return) from the beach in front off the hotel, which means you don´t get to spend precious minutes of your time reaching a meeting point or the likes of.
Overall, despite the fact that some of the staff could be a little bit more friendly and caring, the quality of service was good and we have no major complaints .

The room

The room was big, clean and modern. The fan and the AC did excellent jobs lowering the temperatures and there´s also a minibar available. We booked for a "Premier Double Room with Pool View" but we were at third floor (the highest) far away from the pool and our view was only parcial, since we stayed at room 5308 (almost in the end of the floor). If money (or noise during daylight time) is not a major concern here, I´d definitelly suggest going for the rooms with direct acess to the pools.

The hotel facilities

The hotel has two major pools and a smaller one for kids and they were great (specially if you consider that the beach in front off the hotel is not good). Talk about a nice place to chill out, drinking cocktails, beers of even going for a snack. It gets even better if you have kids, since there are kids and teens zones over the hotel, and even waterslides so they can get fully immersed while all you need to do is relax and enjoy ourself. The hotel also has a fitness center, a pool table and a spa area, although we didn´t try them.

The breakfast

We found the breakfast slightly above average; good but not fantastic. There were some decent amount of options to choose for, but there were times when some of them ran out and no replacement was available.

The experience

The hotel met our expectations, the location is very good and the prices reasonable; the fact that the hotel has plenty of options for families and kids is very handy, and so is the tourism desk next to the hotel lobby. Bear in mind that the beach in front off Holiday Inn is really lacking in comparison to nearby beaches but this is only a major concern if you intend to just stay at the hotel. If you choose to stay in Railay Beach, Ko Lanta or even other places because of the beaches, that´s fine, but if your choice is Ao Nang area, Holiday Inn is a great option and therefore we recommend it.
As a final recommendation, don´t forget to pay a visit to Carnivoire Restaurant. It´s about 1 mile away from the hotel and it´s THAT GOOD (one of the best steaks I´ve ever had in my life)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Elyes_Ben_B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2014

Dear Guest,
Greeting from Holiday Inn Ao Nang Beach, Krabi.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us at Trip Advisor.
We were very pleased to learn that you had a nice stay with us recently and that you enjoyed our property and services. Total guest satisfaction is our utmost priority and thanks to your positve comment and feedback that we are able to maintain on our service standard. It's always a great pleasure reading a positive reviews from our valuable guest such as yours.

Again thank you for choosing the Holiday Inn Krabi. We certainly look forward to welcome you back at our resort on your next visit to Krabi.

Best Regards,
Elyes Ben Brahim

Write a ReviewReviews (1,838)

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This was our second destination during our recent Thailand trip. Stayed here from May 7 - May 9

I had mixed feelings about this hotel after staying there for 2 days.

On the plus side: The hotel is located at the Ao Nang Beach, which is right across the street (literally) and the restaurant provides scenic views of the ocean while you are dining there. We had breakfast there during our stay and their range of options (even for vegetarians) were second to none. Hotel is also close to the pier from where you can take speed boats to nearby island (so you save some time on travel). It also has 2 large pools and a kid's pool, with plenty of sun beds, if you want to relax.

On the Negative Side: Its in a kind of secluded area and gets deserted really fast in the evening. So, one may not feel safe to go out at night. It is also a bit away from the main shopping/dining area and doesn't have too many good restaurants around (a good 20 min walk or 30 baht per person ride). The staff, in my opinion, was not the friendliest staff that I have interacted with. On one occasion, I dialed extension for housekeeping and it somehow got transferred to room service. The lady on the other side couldn't understand a bit of what I was asking for and out of frustration, shouted at me and asked me to dial the right extension. The rooms are also designed in an old fashioned way (old, rusty looks, wall paint gave me a feeling of garage) and the switches are not located in convenient locations (night lamp switch was located next to bathroom and no centralized control board, which is a common feature in most good hotels these days).

Overall, I would say that this hotel was good, but could have been much better.

Room Tip: Get a pool access room, if your budget allows.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DRM19
Elyes_Ben_B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Krabi Ao Nang Beach, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Holiday Inn Krabi and hope your trip back home was very fine.
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and I am sorry that your stay with us has fallen short of your expectations. Your kind feedback is well received and I look forward to discussing these points further with my team.
If you are planning another visit to Krabi, please stay in touch with me directly and I will be very happy to assist in making the most appropriate recommendations to best suit your reservation requirements.
Kind Regards,
Ben,

Reviewed May 12, 2014

Location: Very convenient, located in walking distance from many restaurants, massage parlors and mini marts

Service: Staff were mostly helpful and friendly. They greeted and smiled to us every time. We ordered Room Service and used the pool bar and the service was fast and efficient.

Rooms: Nice! We booked a pool access room, asking to be put in the new wing. The room itself was so spacious that we could spread our stuff without any problem and we had private sunbeds! They cleaned the room once a day without having to be asked.

F&B: Good value for money with fast service and fair price. Breakfast was extensive comparing to other hotels at similar price tag. They had live egg station of which the chef was very helpful and accommodated our requests.

Facilities: Excellent! They have 3 big swimming pool plus a few water slides for you to enjoy for a whole day. we enjoyed spending time at the pool for the whole day. The unmanned fitness center was adequate. They had 3 treadmills, a few bikes and some weight machines. It was facing the woods so you can enjoy the view while working out. Wifi was free and the speed was consistent.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the newly opened wing
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Greetings from Holiday Inn Krabi and hope your trip back home went very well.
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our Resort and services which you have shared with us on Trip Advisor. Very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your stay, I was very proud to share your fabulous feedback with all the team.
It was a pleasure to have you with us and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Service was hit or miss.. was told to go grab my own taxi twice and sat poolside for hours without anyone coming by to see if I wanted to order any food or drinks. Recommend the Family Mart for you to pick up your own drinks and water which is to the right of the hotel. Also recommend the stalls there as well should you want something cheap and cheerful to eat. Doi Chang for coffee is great and further down the strip there are street vendors selling some lovely food throughout the day (Friday is their day of rest).

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Lingc77

Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 7 nights.

Few little things that maybe could have been better... Overall deserves the 5 stats I've given it.

Modern.
Clean
Friendly
Good breakfast.

Noona one of the porters...legend

Restaurant buffet... Ridiculously expensive free drinks yes but if your not going to deck a lot or your partner didn't then works out expensive.

Rooms lovely.
Pool well looked after and not too full of kids!

Reasonable location. 5 mim walk from start of main street.

Beech opposite the hotel isnt great. Better beach 15 mins walk away or 50B PP tuk tuk.

Free wifi!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 8, 2014

Great large rooms facing the pool, good condition. Warm large pool, many slides in all sizes for all ages (kids only). Poolbar for grown ups. Friendly helpful staff. Restaurant food, avarage towards dissapointing. Beach not swiming friendly. Nice quiet end of town, still short walking distance. Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Reviewed May 8, 2014 via mobile

I had a wonderful time in Holiday Inn, staff are super nice, helpful and friendly. Room and pool are well maintained and clean. Breakfast is wonderful. Just one thing, I left my denim jacket in bed, housekeeper by mistake taken my jacket with dirty sheets. I realized the morning when I checked out, called housekeeping to help finding for me immediately. Housekeeping lady promised to look ard and get back. Received no update after an hour, I called again, another lady answered, she seems had no clue abt the incident, I needed to repeat the whole story again but I got no time to wait for them. The only thing to do was leaving the hotel with a missing Jacket. :-(

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Carmen W

Dear Guest,
Greetings from Holiday Inn Krabi and hope your trip back home was very fine.
All of your feedback is valid and well received and I look forward to discussing these points further with my team.

Kind Regards,