“Welcoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Amy's Bar

Amy's Bar
Ranked #4 of 17 Nightlife in Ao Nang
More attraction details
Owner description: Probably the best bar in Ao Nang, certainly one of the busiest. Good drinks, good staff and the greatest of hosts in Amy. Backed up by Jason, Pooky and Mary making sure for a fun filled evening. Two large HD screens showing many different games every week. Nearly every sport you can think of is catered for. If you looking for somewhere to have a beer and watch sport or just want to party all night this is the place.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Welcoming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

U can scroll and see what kind of bar is this. Typical GoGo Bar and the most happening 1 on ao nang. Marry(TheBoss) i suppose is very welcoming and friendly

• Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Fun fun fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

You haven't been to Aonang unless you've been to Amy's Bar!!

It's fun, affordable, great drinks and friendly fun staff. They even looked after my 5yo son (who played with an iPad and we went there early) while I had to run back to our room down the road to get some money and he was very happy to stay with them.

Visited April 2014
2 Thank Relle72
Brooklyn, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Be careful with the bill”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

My fiancée and I had a great time on our two visits here until our bill arrived with extra charges. Initially they said it was for drinks for the bar girls but after walking them through each of my purchases they said it was a 300 baht fee for taking a bar girl home (???). That's completely ridiculous because neither my fiancée nor I did anything to suggest we would want to take one of the girls home. Jason and Mary apologized and removed the charges when I complained. The whole situation did not come off as a misunderstanding; it was pretty clear that they were trying to take advantage of tourists. Overall we had a great time but make sure to double check your bill before you leave.

13 Thank Avace
Jason P, Manager at Amy's Bar, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you for your review. I remember this incident as if it was yesterday as it was so peculiar . I agree that everyone should check their bills before they leave being as we are a busy bar with many customers and many staff who do make the odd mistake sometimes. we are not perfect
Your review I find a little harsh but you are right to an opinion. There was a mistake to your bill and I hold my hand up. The bill in question had gone in the wrong customers bin and when i came to fix said problem you were understandable irate. The problem was fixed and as you write in your review you had some good nights in the bar before without an issue.
I don't appreciate slanderous accusations that we were trying to take advantage of tourists as this is wholly incorrect. We run a very tight and loyal ship at Amy's and many customers are considered friends who return year in year out. As you can see from other reviews this is an isolated incident which I regret and hope doesn't give a bad impression of a very nicely family run business.
If you were to come again I would love to buy you a beer or two and kiss and make up.
Perth, Australia
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

My husband and I visited here on a couple of nights during our stay at Aonang.

The girls are fantastic and so much fun! Mary was great and More was really lovely to chat to and she took great care of us.

This place could be as wild as you want it to be. My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed hanging out here and having a few drinks with the girls.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Danielle S
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
641 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 690 helpful votes
“Just another Girlee bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

It is located in an alley (soi) along 4302 hiway. There is a sign board at the entrance RCA Entertainment. There are similar bars along this lane but this is the biggest with the most number of girls. It is a round Bar stand and you sit around it.

the girls are most of the time dancing on flag poles or waiting at the entrance to seduce man inside. It is an open concept bar. Of all the bar's in this area Amy's seems the most packed with their reds lights.

Service is good and you do not get any fights or anything. Just fun all night long. it opens from 6pm onwards. But it gets pack later in the night. You will find alot of ladys boys but they do not disturb you.

they have 2 large TV screen which you can watch BPL in the weekends. You find all the common beers here.

Visited March 2014