“Great fun a must for horse riders”

Krabi Nature Horse Riding
Ranked #24 of 42 Tours in Ao Nang
“Great fun a must for horse riders”
Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

The horses here are well looked after and so obviously loved,
which is our main worry when riding abroad.
The beach ride is just so good, I just had such a big smile the whole time

• Polish first
Singapore, Singapore
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great first experience for my family”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My family of 5 booked a 2-hour countryside and beach ride.

We got a horse each and my elder girl had her wish come true, to have a white horse, although it is not named Snowy but Sarsi :)

The horses are well-trained and will follow each other without us having to control it much. And when the first horse starts to trot, the rest will follow behind.

The route brought us through some villages and some parts were on the road. I had worried at first whether the horses will suddenly dash out until I realised they were well-trained. And we really appreciate the two guides on feet personally leading the two horses my two young kids are on. Definitely provided more assurance that my girls are in safe hands. But it also meant they were walking and running with the horses too so I was quite apologetic when I saw them drenched in sweat at the end.

Too bad we went during high tide so there was not much opportunity to allow the horses to run on the beach. But our two guides tried to create the opportunities by finding flat opened spaces within the forest beside the beach for the run. And it was FUN!

Lee, one of the guides, was very thoughtful and proactive as well. He took over the camera which my husband was carrying and helped took individual and group photos at each scenic stop.

At the end of the ride, my girls were given the chance to help hose the horses down and they definitely loved this way of saying good bye to their horses of 2 hours :).

There are young horses kept at a nearby stable so don't forget to say hi to them before leaving.

Transport to and fro are provided in the package so just dress appropriately, slather on your sunblock, bring along your hat and sunglasses, and ride on :)

Visited December 2012
1 Thank MummyJY
Copenhagen, Denmark
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Horseback ride on the beach”
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Horseback riding isn't common in thailand, and my daugther and I were happy to discover this opportunity to go horseback riding on the beach. We went on a 2-hour ride from 9 - 11 a.m. with a guide and another customer. We asked our hotel to call the stables and arrange it for us. The price includes transport to the stables and back to your hotel. The stables are very close to Ao Nammao Beach which is very quiet and great for a gallop on the beach. We also saw some of the countryside including the shell cemetary. The horses seemed to be well cared for, and the owner of the place was pleasant and seemed very concerned with the horses' well-being.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank enjoyyourholiday_12
Portland, Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great Horseback Beach Ride!”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I was just exploring the Ao Nang area when I came upon this place. I just wanted to go see and smell a horse since I had not ridden in almost 17 years. As I approached the corrals I could see a few horses in the pen and a few in the field, maybe a dozen all in. Well cared for and healthy. The old guy running the place, Cha, asked me if I wanted to do a beach ride. Told me the tide was low so it was good now. So for the 700 baht he quoted, for an hour ride, I said sure. What a great ride! Lee, my guide, spoke good english and liked to run the horses. I was hoping this was not going to be one of those old horse walking trips, it was no where near it. Diamond, my horse, was maybe 8 or 9 years old and up for a run whenever Lee and his horse Magnum started off. Now the biggest problem was I was not prepared. I was wearing only swim trunks. I highly caution against this, i have many scrapes from the saddle to show how stupid I was. But it was worth the pain I will be feeling this week! The location is on the way to Fossil Beach past the pier and before the beach area on the right. You can call Cha on his cell phone at 089.725.1529 They do 1 hour, 2 hour, half day and full day rides with BBQ. I will be going back with my jeans on!

Visited October 2012