“From Good to Great”
Review of Bombay Palace

Bombay Palace
Ranked #11 of 270 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: we serve authentic Indian , Thai, Seafood, and pizza pasta. our motto are to serve authentic cuisines always .
Italy
“From Good to Great”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

We where just walking on the street when one of the guy that works there invite us to have a dinner there offering a great food. Well, to express our satisfaction we can say that we will be back soon.
Excellent service and food in a great family atmosphere!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
“best curry in ao nang”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

Being indian and travelling to Krabi we came along the Bombay Palace, we was extremely pleased with the food, it was very tasty and would definitely recommend this place to anyone.
Try the mix grill sizzling starter yum yum!

• Visited December 2013
Denmark
“Only OK”
Reviewed January 14, 2014

We visited Bombay Palace to have a change from Thai food. We were not very hungry and started with some tasty papadums with mint and spicy sauces. My husband choose one of the sizzlers at the recommendation of the waiter with a rice pulao and butter naan. I ordered the mutton biryani, a dish I had enjoyed very much when we visited India. The waiter continued to push the sizzler with mutton and when he did not succeed he then pushed the raita – which I ordered ultimately. We ordered beer and a mango lassy. We requested that the food be authentic, but could only order mild, medium or strong.

The pulao rice was nice (the best dish on the table); the chicken sizzler was partly burned and the taste was bland. My biryani lacked the typical spices (cardamom, cloves, mint etc.) and had the feeling of a reheated dish. Also the mango lassy seemed to have come right out of a package. The naan was tasty though.

I do not understand why this restaurant is rated so highly on Tripadvisor. It is not bad but not top and given its rating, we had expected more authentic food in Asia.

• Visited January 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
“Narrow minded upselling”
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

As we sat down, we noticed most of the customers were regulars, always a god start. When the waiter took the order, he upsold us on just about every item.... It wasn't good and when he asked how it all was, I explained my wife's dish was burnt, my dish was undercooked, he waked off, not offering to change anything and his from us the rest of the meal...

New York City, New York
“BEST FOOD IN AO NANG”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

You come to Thailand and perhaps, your first craving for food is Thai Food. But after a few days of endless pad thai and tom yum, I grew a bit tired of the Thai cuisine options of Ao Nang. My friends and I decided we needed Indian. Though Bombay Palace is number 3 a the moment, I think it should certainly be number one for several reasons:

1) The Dal Makhani is the best I've ever had...I've had A LOT of Indian food. It made me feel like I was in Bombay. I'd also give their Chana Masala, Tikka Paneer Masala and Aloo Gobi 5 stars, but the Dal was just something that sparked that extra something in me.

2) Their options for vegetarians and carnivores are vast, numerous and DELICIOUS.

3) The service is IMPECCABLE. They are so accommodating with any special requests and the food came out of in perfect time (not too fast, not to slow - just enough time for me to finish my long island iced tea and chappati). The staff is very friendly and attentive to your needs.

Tonight is our last night in Ao Nang. We plan on having dinner at Bombay Palace for the 3rd consecutive night. If I could take this restaurant with me back to New York, I would.

BOMBAY PALACE IS AN ABSOLUTE MUST!

• Visited January 2014