“Good Environment”

Ranked #54 of 330 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Cuisines: Seafood, Thai, International, Wine Bar
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Best Sunset view Restaurant in Aonang overlooking the Andaman bay. Comitted to serving authentic thai cusine to your palate.
Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

The environment is good and relax. The view is excellent as it located at the top of the hill.

If you go to restaurant in the evening, you are able to enjoy the sunset and the sea view.

If you go at night, you will not able to see scenery except for the star in the sky (subject to not a cloudy night)

The food is not very impressive but is acceptable.

If you looking for a romantic place in Krabi, this is the one.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,040)

Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I went to Krabi for our wedding Anniversary and we decided to go to Hilltop for our anniversary dinner. Unfortunately we were disappointed and left within 45 minutes of getting there.
We were informed by many people that the restaurant would pick us up, but last minute we were told that the restaurant couldn't as they were full. So that already started us on the wrong foot.

Hilltop is about 30 - 50% more expensive than other restaurants in Krabi and that IS okay because you go there for the view, food and service and im more than willing to pay that extra if those criterias are fulfilled.
Unfortunately there was a wedding going on(guess thats why they couldnt pick us up) so we were not allowed to go to the cliff edge to view or take any photographs. (Not allowed to the point that one of their staff was at the entrance and said no entry, private party, kind of rudely) we were told we could go there in half an hour, after the sunset and when it was dark already ..
I felt so cheated, I pay that amount for the view, but we not allowed it... The decent thing to do is inform the guest when they make their booking that a function is going on, at least we would be prepared for it or go on another night.

And then the food, I'm a foodie, the fish was so so dry, over cooked and did not taste fresh AT ALL, we didn't even finish it. The prawns weren't fresh either and the sauce was made us feel sick. I feel the food was compromised because of the wedding. Most expensive meal yet the least tasty of the whole trip. Oh and the appetizer only arrived after all the main courses came out too.

Service was not bad. But it was hot, stuffy and loads of Mosquitos. We left as soon as we could. Hopefully next year is better :(

I recommend going there for drinks and the view (when there isn't any weddings!!!)

Ivan G, Overseas Marketing Manager at The Hilltop, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear Cammy,

Thank you for the review. We provide complimentary transfers for our guests if they manage to book early as we have two vehicles ferrying from different locations in Ao Nang. We will also take the effort to inform the hotel concierges if our drivers are able to manage the workload in the stipulated slots available, so there must have been a mis-communication somewhere. We will always do our best to ensure that our guests are able to enjoy this free service.

For anyone who has been to our establishment would realise that we offer a full panaromic view of the Andaman Sea in most areas of our restaurant. You might have realised that as well. The lawn area was privatised by a lovely couple and it certainly wasn't our intention to deprive anyone of the view. I hope you understand it is not an obligation for us to inform our guests if there were any small parties or events being held at the restaurant on any particular day unless if the restaurant is fully privatised and that we are closed for bookings.

I am sorry to hear that your food wasn't prepared up to your expectations. Freshness of the food is definitely not compromised in this case as we purchase our seafood from the market on a daily basis. If there was any problem with how it was , we would really appreciate if our guests was able to let our staff know that and we would gladly change the dish for you. We believe in serving quality food to all our guests and making them happy. The seafood sauce that was served to you with the prawns is a typical Thai sauce, freshly made with garlic,lime, chilli, fish sauce and sugar which is also served in most Thai Seafood restaurants. I wasn't sure that you were accustomed to the taste of it but most of our guests loved it.

The weather in Krabi is generally warm and I am sure that thats one of the reasons why you have chose to spend your holidays here. We have installed fans all around the restaurant so as to enhance our customers' dining experience. We apologise if it was too warm for you as we would have gladly brought you a mobile fan if you had asked for it.

I hope you would give us a chance next year and ask for me. I'll be glad to provide you with the best dining experience and service to my ability.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

I can't tell you much about the restaurant, as I had reserved the couples' love seats which are fantastically located away from the main building and the rest of the tables. That being said, if you're planning for a romantic dinner with the view of the sunset, don't hesitate to make the same reservation.

The restaurant offers pick-up service from where you're staying in Ao Nang, and it is a comfortable ride on what looks like a larger golf buggy. That being said, please be considerate and punctual for your pick-up as the driver may be picking up multiple guests.

The food is excellent, and I recommend the curry crab. The king prawns are also fresh, large, and delicious.

The restaurant's service is excellent, and they took great initiative when they brought out the birthday cake for my fiancée by sending the live singer and her acoustic guitar accompaniment to sing us a birthday song without prior arrangement.

Extra tip: try to bring along some mosquito patches if you can for outdoor seating as a precaution.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We ignored previous views and went for dinner.
Pick up and drop off were great so can't fault that.
initally given a rubbish table (despite requesting good view as honeymoon etc) after they refused to move us (depsite empty tables) we decided to just have drinks, then they promptly moved us to a better (but not great) table. We then felt obliged to stay - wish we hadn't.
View - stunning.
Food - very average.
Service - average.

Glad we went but in future would just book for sunset cocktails and gone elsewhere for food.

Oh and the good tables we weren't allowed? Still empty when we left! They could have had so much more money out of us if we were treated properly.

Management response:Responded June 30, 2014

Dear Sarah6969pink,

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. We have a systematized booking system which priorities our guests in a first-come-first serve basis. Unfortunately, we are unable to please all our customers with the choice of their seats as I am sure everyone would wish to have the best seats available wherever they went. We have bookings from honeymooners day in and day out, so we will definitely do our best to provide our guests with the most romantic dining experience ever. It was however, not meant to be as your reservation might have came in abit late, so we apologise if we fail to provide you with the seats that you prefer. Nonetheless, thank you for taking your time to give us a fair comment.

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I definitely recommend going to the hilltop to watch the sunset. We only decided to go last minute but managed to get picked up at the bottom of the hill. The food was average but the view more than made up for it. We didn't make a reservation but still managed to get a table. We were getting attacked by mosquitoes but I guess this applies to all alfresco restaurants in Ao Nang. Had tom yam and green curry which were nice and the catfish salad which was bad so I guess as long as you know what to order it'll be fine!