“3.5 stars for our 4 days stay”

Ranked #9 of 107 Hotels in Ao Nang
Singapore, Singapore
“3.5 stars for our 4 days stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

We are a couple who stayed in Vogue resort for about 4 days. It is a pretty nice place with good scenery of the Ao nang beach and cliff (if you stand at the balcony). The room was relatively clean when we first stepped in and also, after they made up our room. Bedsheets and towels were neat and clean. However once we took off our shoes, the floor was dusty and our feet was coated with dust --> grey!

The flaws are put simply in 3 points;
1. Breakfast was quite cold. The food needs to be heated up more. Also, more detailed check needs to be done on the salad bar. I ate a rotten cherry tomato. (I believe this point can be rectified)

2. The staff at the reception was not very friendly and when we asked for more help, beyond the usual explanations about the place, we were not well-supported by them. For e.g. when we asked the receptionist to call for a tuktuk to another place, they arranged a 200 baht deal. It was only when I exclaimed that it was a really short distance (800metres) and not worth 200b, that they went out to flag a tuktuk driver who only charged 80baht. (This point can be rectified too.. tourists perceive hotels as a home-away-from-home; if the hotel cannot support them in terms of giving suggestions etc, how are they going to have a pleasant experience in the place?)

3. It would be good if there are lifts. It was a climb up and down four levels to reach our room daily. Certainly, it wouldn't be pleasant for the young and old.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Esther T
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Esther T,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a detailed and positive review and I am genuinely pleased to read that you and your partner had such enjoyable stay with us. It is great that you appreciated not only your room, the view from Grand Deluxe’ s balcony and in particular the location of the resort is well received and I had shared your comments with the team.

I have noted on the breakfast food temperature and particularly the Tuk-Tuk information you had given from one of our reception team, I will be sure to look into detail and improving on those point. Regarding the step, the resort is located on a hillside, and yes, we do not have any elevator in the resort at the moment. So for those who prefer the view, rather that access, I would recommend the Grand Deluxe Rooms at the top of our hillside. If guest prefer no step, we have rooms located in the Superior Room category without a single step to enter the room and I delighted to inform that have been working on installing the elevator for the Hillside building, once in place I will be sure to share in Hotel Facebook.

Thank you again for submitting this particular review and I delighted to see that you found many areas of the resort your liking. I certainly hope it won’t be the last time we welcome you back.

Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband and I was in this hotel recently room 4304 from 6th June to 9th June for our anniversary gateaway. Our room were upgraded to the 4th floor with a superb view from the room. I do admit that its not easy to go up and down the 4th floor, but the view is priceless. Room conditions are okay,well cleaned, with the big bathtub in the middle of the room. They make up our room everyday during our stay.The staff are nice and friendly especially the night staff at the reception. Breakfast is okay for us, as we only eat halal food, they do informed which is halal and which is not. My husband love to eat our breakfast the garden. Location of the hotel is the best....everything is just perfect. Mr. Phusit, the resort manager is very friendly, making everything perfect for us.Oh thank you to the morning staff who carried our heavy bags down for our checkout.We had a lovely experience in Krabi, and we will surely come and visit again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank azurina
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear azurina,

First of all, thank you for sharing your amazing comment about your recent stay at our Resort.

I am pleased that overall you had enjoyable your anniversary with us. In particular your feedback with regard the friendliness of the staff, big lovely bathtubs, the breakfast and particular the view from Grand Deluxe room’s balcony is well received and I had shared your kind comment with the team.

Yes, the Grand Deluxe Rooms offer an ambience of luxury and romance with their oversized tubs, separate showers, and large four-poster bed which is perfected for honeymoon couple and a great view from balcony.

I am particularly excited to see your reaction was positive and please stay in touch when you are planning your next visit, I do hope you will contact us directly so that we can assist to make arrangements.

Vogue Resort & Spa Team
BKK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

By staying at Vogue you don't need to rent a car. Travelling to hotel easy by airport bus. From hotel to other major point of attraction you can also take Songtaew (local bus). The hotel is just 7-8 minute from Ao Nang beach and Jetty which you can walk. There is a mini mart in front of the hotel selling staffs and reasonable price. The hotel offers you the tropical rain forest atmosphere with a nice oval shape swimming pool. There is no lift so please make sure you request the lower floor on the first building if you don't like to climb. Totally it values for money and the Khun Phusit, Resort manager is very attentive to details you requested. We had a very nice stay!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Kidakan
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Dear Kidakan,

On behalf of Vogue Resort & Spa we are thank you very much for sharing your thought about your recent stay with us. It’s always great to know when we get things right and I am delighted to see you enjoyed many things and have a pleasured stay with us.

I would personally agree that Ao Nang with its collection of restaurant bars and shopping is a fun experience only few minutes’ walk away from the resort and pleased be informed that we are in process on installing the elevator of our hillside building once it ready I will share in our resort facebook.

Needless to say I always excited to make sure all of our value guest have memorable stay with our Resort and I am particularly excite to see your reaction was so positive on the improvement we have carried out the last two year and thank again for sharing your comment and look forward to welcome your back soon.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

Beautiful property with all the facilities required, the staff is helpful but language can be a barrier. Haven't tried the food at the resort but its very well located. My girlfriends and I had the best breakfast across the resort. All in all good, comfortable and enjoyable stay.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Ruhi_Gupta,

Thank you for taking the time to do a review of the resort and on behalf of the team we are so happy you and your girlfriends had a wonderful stay. Yes, I am agree that Ao Nang with this its collection of restaurant, bar and shopping, is a fun experience only few minutes’ walk away from the resort.

Our team work hard to ensure everyone is happy and glad we were able to meet all you need and thank you for the review again and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Vogue for 3 days in late May/early June.

The positives; very quiet rooms ie couldn't hear people in adjacent rooms, the pool and gardens are gorgeous, clean and felt safe. The gym was also good for me with aircon, 3 exercise machines, a decent selection of dumbbells and an adjustable bench. It is also in a prime location- awesome eats just minutes away and the beach is a 5 minute stroll. Local bus also stops on opposite side of the road.

I thought my deluxe room was initially a bit ordinary but it does have a rustic charm. There was mould in the bathroom grout though. Also whilst they provide a lovely beach bag, beach towels, hair dryer and jumbo umbrellas- no iron!! Mini bar seemed very reasonably priced.
The buffet breakfast was okay and there was a large selection. However even though I was there at 6.30am the prepared food wasn't very hot and the coffee was ordinary.

The service seemed fine and the majority of staff offered smiles and hellos.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Avon369
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear Avon369,

Thank you for taking the time to do a review of the resort and on behalf of the team we are so happy you had a wonderful stay. We are pleased that you liked the room, the Pool, the Breakfast, the gym, the location of the resort and particular the friendliness of the staff service is well received and I had shared to all of my team.

I have noted on the mold in the bathroom grouting and the cool food during the breakfast, I will be sure to look on those points in detail and improving.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We just married in early of May 2014 and came here on the 2nd week. We stayed in Grand Deluxe Room.
The hotel is very nice but our honeymoon a little disappointed because of the housekeeper not do their work very well. I said this because when we enter the room, we found a men underwear hanging inside the toilet and I threw into the trash bin.

And for the worst experienced, we suspect they steal my wife's expensive sunglass, which is my wedding gift to her. When we on our way back to the airport, we noticed we left the item inside the room. We are really sure because we never ever bring the sunglass outside from the room and the last place we saw the item was in the cupboard. When we called hotel to check they informed housekeeper didn't found it.

But thank to hotel because they triple checked for us,look at the pool area ( i already informed them we never ever bring it out from the room) and replying our email but unfortunately they still cannot find it.

We suspect the housekeeper is being dishonest. My wife really upset and bad mood for whole day even we already arrived at Malaysia.

"One rotten apple spoils the whole barrel"

Pro: Strategic location, affordable price, nice view from the room.
Cons: Room a little bit smelly because of the spa tub outside the toilet (beside bed) which is nice but water will splash out and create odour.

Kindly provide free scented candle, automatic perfume spray in the room and mop the room's floor regularly.

Room Tip: -Choose Grand Deluxe if u prefer for romantic, quite and nice view. -Bring scented candle and light...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank pakyaa
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear pakyaa,

I would like to start off by sincerely apologising for your recent stay with us. While it’s great that you appreciated our location, the view from Grand deluxe, it was disheartening to read that you were let down by missing sunglass.

Regarding your missing incident by calling from the airport on the way back and informed that you had left in the room. The team had inspected and checked all area includ Pool and Public area but unable to fine it. We understand that this is of great sentimental value and I am saddened by the insensitivity shown towards you. Even though we advise that valuables are stored in the in-room safes provided, for this I am extremely sorry.

We are very focused on the satisfaction of all of our guests and are always very happy to receive constructive and factual feedback to help us maintain and develop our standard. While I know we didn’t manage to impress on this occasion I do hope we may have the opportunity to serve you better should you decide to visit us again.

Kind Regards,

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Beautiful place, value for money. friendly staff..vegetarian food options...just one advice.if you have an early morning checkout..book ur taxi in advance..we could not get one as the guy behind the counter was too slow and sleepy in the morning. he ewvn tried chraging us for 3 rooms instead of two,..so OTHER than that it was awesome experience!! just 5 mins walk from the beach!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank RidhiBansal
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear RidhiBansal,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay and your constructive review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed with the location of the hotel, the breakfast and particular the friendly service from our team member is well received and I had shared you kind word with my the team.

I am sincerely sorry that our Night reception could not response on taxi service in early morning as your expected which I had briefed to my front office manager on improving of this issues and I will personally follow this up in detail.

Thank you again for submitting this particular review and I certainly hope it won’t be the last time we welcome you back.

Vogue Resort & Spa Team