“Nice resort but a bit loud”

Ranked #17 of 110 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed March 22, 2014

We enjoyed our stay here but falling asleep at night was a bit on the difficult side. Luckily all the bars and restaurants have to be closed by 1 am. So, after that we are able to get to sleep. We never could figure out where all the loud music was coming from. Our room was on the back side- number 406 I believe.
Other than the noise, it was perfect. The staff were very nice and helpful. The room was huge. The pool was amazing. The breakfast buffet delicious. I would stay here again but would definitely bring along ear plugs.
We really liked the location of the resort. It was so easy to walk to the beach and to the many wonderful restaurants the area has to offer.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear ebbosse,

Thank you very much for taking the time to do a review of the resort and on behalf of the team we are so happy you had a wonderful stay. I also very pleased that you enjoyed with the location of the hotel, the pool, the breakfast and particular the premier deluxe room is well received.

My apologies regarding the noise from the Coconut bar across the road and I delighted to inform that the Coconut bar will be ending their contract and move out in April, 2014

Do not hesitate to contact me at any time when planning your next trip to Ao Nang, I will personally ensure you have another great stay with us.

Reviewed March 20, 2014

We stayed here for four nights using Ao Nang as our base to explore Railay beach and nearby sites.
The hotel is in great location near all action. While Ao Nang is not most authentic place in Thailand the location is very accessible. Once you walk into the hotel you forget that you are in such a busy area. The hotel has a nice Asian feel to it. The hotel has beautiful architecture and jungle like feeling as you walk around the grounds.
Since this was our honeymoon we booked a premier deluxe room and were not disappointed. I noted that I was on my honeymoon when I booked the room and was greeted to a tub full of rose petals. Our bed also had rose petals. I thought that was a nice touch!
The view from the balcony was spectacular. We saw the pool and had an ocean view, greeted by classic Krabi limestones. I enjoyed sitting on balcony taking in the view watching the sunset.

The hotel staff was so extremely helpful. They helped us book our Phi Phi tour and and explained the difference between the company they used verses the people selling tours on the street. While little more expensive {not much} it was well worthwhile. We were not on an overcrowded speedboat like some other groups we saw. We had relaxing time.
Also the hotel was very honest when we asked them about best way to get to Phuket. Our option was $100 cab ride or $20 ferry. The hotel could have easily persuaded us to take more expensive option but two different employees advised taking the ferry. They set everything up for us. The pick up car was a few minutes late and without us even asking the woman at front desk came over to us, told us she called the driver and they were on their way.

On a separate note, I was also impressed as one morning we were having breakfast and the manager was walking around asking people if they were enjoying their stay. We said yes, (which was true) however rather than just accept this, he asked us about the noise from bar( as you can read from other reviews it is bit of an issue) we told him we did hear it but it didn't bother us much, he promised that it would quiet down. While he was asking about issues my husband mentioned how the A/C wasn't working so well, manager took our room number and promised to address it. Later that day when we returned to our room it was fixed!

Overall great hotel. Some minor improvements can make this into 5 star property. There could be more privacy in bathrooms as there isn't much separation between bathroom and the room. Also service at pool could improve. While the wait staff does work very hard, it does take awhile to get the food and drink you ordered even at non busy times. Also I asked the women working at the pool several times for beach towel and never received one. Lastly the hotel would benefit from soundproofing as you can hear the music from bar. From my room it was not terrible however if you are light sleeper this could be an issue.
These are MINOR issues, in my opinion, overall great hotel with excellent staff. I would definitely return!

Room Tip: Pick top floor room if you don't mind walking up stairs facing pool. View of limestones are beau...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ckamink1

Dear ckamink1,

Thank you very much for spending your Honeymoon and sharing your thought about your recent stay with us and also it was a pleasure to meet you and discuss about the resort and of course areas to improve. Your feedback of the noise from Reggae bar, the Premier Deluxe bathtub and the service from our team member around the pool were fantastic and I delighted to looking at your suggest and work to improve in this area.

Yes, the Premier Deluxe Rooms offer an ambience of luxury and romance with their oversized tubs, separate showers, and large four-poster bed which is perfected for a Honeymooner.

Again thank for your kind word regarding the Premier Deluxe room, the honey moon set up on arrival day, the beautiful architecture and jungle feeling, the view from Premier Deluxe room balcony, the extremely helpful from our team member and particular the very honest service from the hotel is well received and I will be sure to share with the team.

We pride ourselves on superior customer service and I am glad to see that the team member went above and beyond to make you had a great stay and please stay in touch when you are planning your next visit, I do hope you will contact us directly so that we can assist to make arrangements.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Second advice about this hotel , because we have took 3 times the breakfast there and every days the staff was very friendly and professional . The buffet is very good and a large choice.
My way is to report when the people are like so, we see they work with pleasure and I recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms with pool view are very nice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank loquitowa

Dear loquitowa,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your resent stay with us. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stayed with us and that we were able to exceed your expectation.

Please do drop me a mail when planning your next trip and hopefully we can welcome you back soon and impress once again.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Vogue is really a nice hotel with good hospitality and comfortable bed. The breakfast was decent too. On the last day, i left my passport in the room after i check out. The hotel staff called my cab driver shortly i left for the airport. Thankfully,they were honest and helpful and i managed to turn back and retrieve my passport. Else, would likely be stop at the airport.

The only thing for improvement: my room was near the main road, hence kind of noisy at night because of the pub along the main road. Suggest to take a room not near the road.

Room Tip: The hotel is really good and safe. Value for money. Just avoid the rooms along the main road.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jayden_Ng_JZ
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Dear Jayden_Ng_JZ,

Greeting from Vogue Resort & Spa and Thank you very much for reply and great to see how you enjoyed many things in the Resort; the room, the breakfast, the location of the hotel and particular our honesty service is well received.

While I thank you for praising our service overall, our young, growing team is certainly still striving to achieve our full potential and it is feedback such as your which assists us to target areas to improve.

Thank again for all your comments and I do hope you will contact me personally to arrange your return to Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Vogue is a pretty big hotel, with different buildings surrounding a nice pool area with plenty of
sunbeds, even though we were still in high season.
Check in - Nice and easy. Luggage quickly delivered to our room. Before our stay we had emailed our priority for a room on one of the upper floors. We did receive a reply that our
wish was noted - but in all fairness - with no guarantee from Vogue. However, we were a bit
surprised when we got a deluxe room located on the ground floor! Basicly the room was OK, but due to its location in a distant dark corner of the building, there was a heavy smell of moist in the room. In our opinion this, and our friends room next door, should not be used for guests in its present condition. After some discussions, and a small extrafee for upgrading to a Premier deluxe room, we moved after 2 days. Definately a good decision. Far better room with lots of space, and with a big bathtub in the middle of the room. Just be aware that there is no door to the toilet (only a curtain) which means that privacy is limited.
Also be aware that from street level to roombuilding there is 2 floors to walk - adding another 4 floors to our room - this gives a total of 6 floors to walk up, and no elevator. This was not a problem to us and we were rewarded with a great view from 4th floor.
Breakfast good with many choices, Eastern and European. However the staff (even though there is many on job) seems a bit disinterested in servicing the guests. A lot of internal small talk and resting at the coffeemachine. An exeption was a young guy who often came around the tables with refills of coffee and tea.
All in all the Vogue Resort & Spa is average after Thai standards. The staff is acting very polite
but without any personal touch. Everything is delivered clean and mechanic. The girl who showed
us to our room was giving the information very fast and almost like a robot. (And yes, I know it can be a challenge to act enthuastic if you do this many times per day) But we have been at larger resorts than Vogue, where staff had had a more personal touch.

PS. On the positive side: Vogues (own restaurant?) Wine V. Excellent food and fair prices for wine. When you stay at Vogue you receive 15% discount - which almost cover the 17% servicecharge and VAT

Room Tip: If possible - choose a Premier De Luxe room Larger than De Luxe and with more storageroom
1  Thank Bjarne H
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Dear Bjarne H,

Thank you very much for taking the time to do a review of the resort and on behalf of the team we are so happy you had a wonderful stay. We are pleased that you liked our Premier Deluxe room, the view from balcony, the Pool, the friendliness service from our team member and particular the excellence dinner at our Wine V Bar & Bistro is well received and I will be sure to share to all of my team.

I have noted on the smell of moist in the room and I will be sure to follow up by myself to improve immediately. Regarding the step, the resort is located on a hillside and yes, we do not have any elevator in the resort at the moment; however I delighted to inform that we had planned to build the elevator for the Hillside building and once in place I will be share in Hotel Facebook.

I hope to see you back again soon at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, please stay in touch and let me know if there is ever anything I should assist on arrangement of your next trip.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We are seasoned travelers and we never faced such situation.
Before booking at Vogue Resort & Spa, we read the reviews on tripadvisor and other booking websites. We noticed that there was a bar near the resort but we though people were somehow exaggerating... They were not !!! The bar just in front of the hotel, the coconut bar, plays heavy loud music. At the arrival, we have been kindly upgraded. After that, we understood that the upgrade consisted in having a live concert in our room. We hoped the concert was only on Saturday.... Actually there is live concert EVERY DAY !!! Don't expect to sleep before at least 1:00am.
After the first terrible night, we asked to move in a more quiet place like at the back of the resort. Unfortunately, we have been said that only rooms facing the road were available. After checking on few booking websites, we noticed that there were availabilities....
The new room was indeed more quiet but we still heard the loud music.
So, if you need some rest and want to sleep you should definitely avoid this hotel. If you don't expect to sleep before 1:00am, this resort is still worth for value and localisation.

Room Tip: If you get a room just above the reception and facing the road, ask for another room.
3  Thank Pierre L
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Pierre L,

I would like to start off by sincerely apologising for your recent stay with us. While it’s great that you appreciated the value and location of the hotel but it was disheartening to read that you were let down by loud live band music from coconut bar across the road during the night on the period you stayed.

With regard on the problem I had met with the bar owner by asking to control the volume from the band during the night and I delight to inform that the Coconut bar will be ending their contract and move out in April, 2014

Again please accepted my apologize of the case as we haven’t got any room available on the hillside building to move your into a quiet room during the period stayed.

We are very focused on the satisfaction of all of our guests and are always very happy to receive constructive and factual feedback to help us maintain and develop our standard. While I know we didn’t manage to impress on this occasion I do hope we may have the opportunity to serve you better should you decide to visit us again.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Recently stayed here for one week and despite a few initial mishaps with room and noise, the stay became more comfortable.
Rooms- superior rooms are definitely poor, low standards for the price you pay. Power points are old and not working properly- we could not use our adaptors, and even with theirs was difficult to charge our phones or laptops. Deluxe Rooms are better.
Noise- pretty bad from the bar across the street even though we were quite far from it- had to use ear plugs so we could fall asleep; WORST however, was being woken up every morning around 8-8.30 by the cleaners dragging heavy wooden furniture (chairs, table etc) across the floor and making loud squeaky noises :((( ; had to “officially” ( as demanded by front office manager Thipyarat P.) report this three times and it took until our last morning there to see any improvements. Unfortunately it wasn’t fixed by the demanding Office Manager Thipyarat, but corrected finally by the resort manager.
Location- surrounded by many restaurants- we ate quite often at V/Wine Bar next door- good food and well-priced; straight, short walk ( 5-8min) down the road to the beach;
Food- only ordered one lunch for my husband who ended up with an upset stomach for 3 days- worth mentioning here that when we told this to the manager she became quite defensive, asking for a medical certificate and arguing that we should have told her immediately after eating so she could properly address it, not a couple of days later. Not that we asked for anything in return, we just mentioned it to her, but rather than being sympathetic or apologetic to what happened, she was more focused on insurance technicalities and showing any proof that he got sick from there. Only two places could have made him sick, 1. Vogue Resort , 2. Jennas Wine bar. If you compare the two places, it is most likely it came from Vogue Resort.
Staff - in general were very friendly and helpful. In particular a big thank you from us to Arannee, who's assistance has been very accommodating throughout our stay. Also, a big thank you to the guy who has carried our luggage in and out of the room over three flights of stairs. Big effort from him and nice to see that he did not expect any tip... but he so deserves it !!
Staff in general were all helpful, except for the Office Manager.
Pool- good; unfortunately there was poor service around the pool. They seem to run out of pool towels mid day with no urgency to make them available. Bar/pool staff, all seem to be gathering behind the bar, doing their hair, makeup and chatting amongst themselves. Perhaps a better attitude should be to focus on providinga better service. The only one time we ate there, besides picking up plates etc, no one bothered to actually clean the left overs on the table.
Views- great if the room is on higher floors facing the pool, mountain etc.
Overall – Depending on the room it’s a noisy place> if you get a good room it will be a nice stay, if a bad room = bad stay. Staff very friendly with the exception of the office manager.
Pool staff could be less lazy.

1  Thank 2mumble
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2014

Dear 2mumble,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay and your constructive review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed with the Premier Deluxe room, the friendliness of staff service and particular the location of the hotel is well received. Please accept my apologies on loud live band music from the bar across the road and the handling on your upset stomach even though you informed us three day latter.

I am sincerely sorry that you stay with us fell rather short of your expectations, although I do appreciate your feedback about pool staff service that our normally impeccable service around the pool were not met. I will personally follow this up in detail with the team concerned. Regarding the room maids dragging wooden chairs across the floor and making loud squeaky noises in around 8.30 hrs I had spoken with my housekeeping manager to brief to our room maid to make sure to stick the rubber under chair legs in all the missing one and making sure while cleaning the room by not pulling the chair across the floor.

Thank you again for submitting this particular review and I delighted to see that you found many areas of the resort your liking. We do our utmost to ensure that we offer the best service possible and regrettably have fallen short in this instance. Please rest assured that your comments have been relayed to my team and I certainly hope it won’t be the last time we welcome you back.