“Excellent hotel close to all the action” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang

and 1 more site!
Ranked #9 of 106 Hotels in Ao Nang
“Excellent hotel close to all the action”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2013

Vogue is a nice looking hotel with gardens separating the main buildings, a great pool area and comfortable rooms. It gives the impression of a treehouse, climbing the stairs to your room with the tree trunk balustrades. It is located on the Main Street leading to the waterfront esplanade of Ao Nang. The beach is a 5 minute walk away. There are restaurants and cafés galore. Plenty of colour.

The only issue is the number of stairs to the top floors. The porters will carry your bags if needed, though. If you have an issue with stairs, make sure you get a room on the lower floors.

Breakfast is in a nice room with a thai mural at one end and gardens out the window. We even had little squirrel things frolicking in the garden as we ate breakfast.

We enjoyed our stay here. We would choose it again.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bska59
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
Dear bska59,

Thank you very much for taking the time to do a review of the resort and on behalf of the team we are so happy you had a wonderful stay and plan to come back again. I also very pleased that you enjoyed with the room, the breakfast and particular the location of the resort.

Yes as your experience, the resort is located on a hillside and we do not have any elevator in the resort at the moment. So for those who prefer the view, rather than access, I would recommend the Premier Deluxe Rooms at the top of our hillside. If guest prefer no step, we have rooms located in the Superior Room category without a single step to enter the room. I also delighted to inform that we have planned to build the elevator for the Hillside building and once in place I will be share in Resort Face-book.

Do not hesitate to contact me at any time when planning your next trip to Ao Nang, I will personally ensure you have another great stay with us.

Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Kalyan, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

The overall stay was okay. The room was small but cozy and had nice four-poster bed. The bath tub was smaller than shown in the pictures but still was okay. The safe was not working and it took one full day to repair/replace it and we had to carry valuables with us on day tour. The staff is lacking in hospitality in thai standards. Particularly when we had checked out and were waiting for our pickup for airport, due to hot and humid climate we were sweating in the lobby but none of the staff came up with water or cool towels or didn't even asked us to wait in the adjoining air conditioned lobby. Also the drop to airport which was arranged by the hotel was 30 mins late than scheduled. After asking about it the reception lady was clueless about the same.
Location is very good with only 5 mins walk to the beach. Also the pool is nice and the poolside bar has a nice selection of bites and cocktails which they even send up to your room. The food in restaurant was good. The breakfast spread is impressive with live counter.
Certainly room for improvement.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, December 26, 2013
Dear Niranjan B,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay and your constructive review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed with the Pool, Breakfast, the food in restaurant and particular the Resort Location is well received.

I am sincerely sorry that you stay with us fell rather short of your expectations, although I do appreciate your feedback about an issue with airport transfer pick up time and that our normally van standing-by standards were not met. I will personally follow this up in detail with the team concerned. Regarding the staff service I will continue work with my front office manager and improving as you had suggested.

Thank you again for submitting this particular review and I delighted to see that you found many areas of the resort your liking. I certainly hope it won’t be the last time we welcome you back.

Bangalore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

We checked in at the hotel for 2 days in September. As soon as we reached we were ushered in to our rooms in the ground floor which had a nice view of the restaurant and also the pool. The room was very spacious and clean. The people at the front desk were very sweet and attended to all our needs. The resort has a swimming pool and a restaurant and the property is very beautifully done and maintained.
Th best part of the resort is the location. Ao nang beach is just 300 meters away and the path to the beach is dotted with all kinds of restaurants ranging from Indian, Italian, Thai, Continental and what not. The breakfast served at the resort was also good and it had many options. There are many tourist centers nearby where you can take day trips to all kinds of places like Phi Phi Islands, Hong beach and other beaches. I have to give 5/5 stars for the location.
Whatever you need here is just a walk away.
Pros : 1. Nice clean rooms
2. Polite and understanding staff
3. Location - Close to the beach, many restaurants and night clubs
4. Good breakfast

Cons : 1. There is a night club nearby the resort and they play loud music. It might affect your sleep.

I would definitely recommend this place to everybody who wants to visit Ao Nang in Krabi and i would definitely come back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, December 25, 2013
Dear Sriram B,

Thank you for creating the review of the resort and also it was pleasure to read that you had wonderful stay on September and find many area you were liked and thank you so much to raised us as “A Beautiful property in the heart of Ao Nang”

The team has a great deal of energy and pride to take a care of the guests and I can assure you we continue to get better and better and certain the next time you return we will exceed your experience once again.

I hope that we will see you back again soon at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang and if there is anything at all in the meantime which I can be of assistant, please feel free to contact me directly any time.

Warm wishes from Vogue Resort & Spa Team

Canterbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

hi went to this hotel in april of this year so sorry for the delay, the hotel was ok apart from two things, the stairs and breakfast. there were a lot of stairs to get to your room, 82 to be exact so that is the price you pay when booking there top room. breakfast was poor to average. the location of the hotel is really good as you walk across the road into the bars and restaurants, pool area is very nice and chilled. i think the price for this hotel is about right so if you are thinking of finding somewhere half decent in a good area from things this maybe a good choice for you.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear MIXERMAN22,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience about your visit on April. We are delighted to read that you liked our Pool and particular the location of the resort.

We have noted on the points your had raised about the step and breakfast which will use your points for continue improving.

New Delhi, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

We checked in the hotel on Nov. 28th with 4 rooms. Since we reached the hotel at about 10.30, all our rooms were not ready but the lady at front desk was kind enough to give us one room with the promise that all the other rooms will be made available by 2 PM.

We chose a room on the top floor which had a beautiful view of the bay & the cliffs but the climb up stairs was tedious every time.

The linens were clean & the beds were comfortable.

We never tried the food except for the breakfast which was nice.

Location is excellent. The staff is very polite, hospitable and honest.

The drawbacks are :

1. There are no elevators which makes it difficult for many people to go up & down the stairs considering that the resort is not small and you need to do a lot of walking (uphill) to get to your rooms from the reception.

2. They should have someone at the reception who has a good understanding of English.

3. They only have one bell boy, so if you are in a hurry to get your luggage to or from your room - please do it your self.

4. The bathroom looks a little worn-out & the bath towels can be a lot better. We used the beach/pool towels which are much better.

Room Tip: If you don't mind the climb, choose one of the rooms on the 4th floor. The view keeps getting be...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Manik_1981
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Dear Manik_1981,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a detailed and positive review and I am genuinely pleased to read that you had memorable stay with us. It is great that you appreciated not only your room and the view from Premier Deluxe’ s balcony, the location of the hotel and in particular the politeness of our staff service is well received and I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

Regarding the step, the resort is located on a hillside and yes, we do not have any elevator in the resort at the moment. So for those who prefer the view, rather than access, I would recommend the Premier Deluxe Rooms at the top of our hillside. If guest prefer no step, we have rooms located in the Superior Room category without a single step to enter the room. I also delighted to inform that we have plan in place to build the elevator for the Hillside building and once in place I will be share in Resort Facebook.

I have noted on some of staff English speaking ability, the bathroom and the bath towels I will make sure to follow up and improving on that area.

I hope to see you back again soon at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, please stay in touch and let me know if there is ever anything I should assist on arrangement of your next trip.

London Town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

Stayed here for 10 nights in November and really enjoyed a relaxing stay. The resort is set in lots of trees and greenery and has great views from the pool area over beautiful Ao Nang bay and the karsts. The pool is fairly small but enough beds and space for all. Ao Nang is a great base for day trips so the pool area was rarely busy.

We took the mid-level room which was very spacious and had everything needed. Good touch is the free beach towels and bag so no hassle drying towels after long days out. The shower was super hot and the bathroom in general good. The TV has a really good channel choice. Air con is superb and not noisy.

Breakfast was great - lots of choice and really good food - a mix of western and Asian.

The staff here are very nice indeed - lots of smiles and a genuine desire to help with anything you need, including assistance with trips out etc.

There was some building work at the very front of the hotel (looks like they are building a new restaurant at road level) which did not affect us - you could not see or hear anything from the pool or room. As others have said, there can be some noise from the bar over the road but we were fairly near the front and couldn´t hear a lot when the doors were closed. Also, it´s actaully a fun bar so I was contributing to the noise drinking there several nights anyway !!

I know the manager reads this review so just one tip - I suggest an extra toaster for the breakfast service as your current one is very slow (even on high setting) - it causes a bit of a queue so maybe get one of those automatic conveyor belt ones to help you in the high season?

Ao Nang is a great base for travelling around and seeing the area - I have posted a couple of extra reviews elsewhere on these. It´s also a good resort with plenty of eating options. This hotel is around 10 mins walk from the beach - not as much hassle on the walk from shops and tailors as elsewhere in Thailand. 7-11 and McDonalds (for those that must!) are just a few steps away from the hotel - turn right. Don´t be too disappointed by Ao Nang´s fairly average beach - there is far better just a fifteen minute boat ride away !

Room Tip: Further back in the resort for early to bed sleep - although looks like offending bar may be closed...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear SthLondonTravellers,

On behalf of Vogue Resort & Spa we are thank you very much for sharing your thought about your recent stay with us. It’s always great to know when we get things right and I am delighted to see you enjoyed it so much and raised us a lovely resort in a heart of Ao Nang.

I would personally agree that Ao Nang with its collection of restaurant bars and shopping, is a fun experience only few minutes’ walk away from the resort and I also pleased that you took some time to enjoyed our Pool which is so much fun and gives all you need, enjoy, relaxing and the great view.

Regarding the construction there has been building the Super Market and Wine Restaurant called Wine V Store and Wine V Bar & Bistro which both schedule to open on Dec 15, 2013. Wine V Shop and Wine V Bar & Bistro are positioning to be one of the best Wine Store and Wine Restaurant in Ao Nang area.

I have noted on the electric toast on the breakfast which the new one has ordered and would be delivering to our resort and replace with current one in a week time.

Bellevue, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013

I just stayed there for 3 days. The hotel is under construction which means you will hear buzzing noise from your room and at the pool starting at 6 am. You will not be able to relax. If you're able to get past the buzzing, construction noise, the lack of air conditioning will stop you. There is air conditioning but it doesn't work well enough to get the room cool. I asked for help to lower the temperature but didn't get help. All nights I barely slept because of the heat. The bathroom also needs to be updated.

I booked the room based on the reviews here but I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Hotel construction noise impacts your ability to relax in your room and at the pool.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tracy J
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Tracy J,

I would like to start off by sincerely apologising for your recent stay. It was disheartening to read that you were let down by the stay with us.

I am extremely sorry on the construction from outsource Super Market beside the road right in front of our Superior building which their opening date delay from Dec 01, 2013 to Dec 15, 2013 and cause some noise during the day. Regarding the buzzing noise at 6 am your had raised, It was the noise from (Day-dog)-Cicada that leaving on the tree around our resort, practically by the hill side around the pool it’s a lot of them. It always singing once starts the day-light around 6 am and the meaning of male cicadas singing is to attract to female.

I had noted on the air-con problem which I will follow up on this point by myself and I am so sorry for the incident.

We are very focused on the satisfaction of all of our guests and are always very happy to receive constructive and factual feedback to help us maintain and develop our standard. While I know we didn’t manage to impress on this occasion I do hope we may have the opportunity to serve you better should you decide to visit us again.