“Be Careful Which Complementary Water You Drink”

Ranked #9 of 107 Hotels in Ao Nang
Tahoe City, California
“Be Careful Which Complementary Water You Drink”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2013

We stayed at the hotel for 5 days. At check in we were told that there were two complementary waters each day. We used two each day, but apparently drank the wrong bottles as there were several in the fridge. We thought the plastic bottles made more sense than the glass ones. At check out they charged us six times the going rate calling it mineral water. It came in the same bottles as the ones we bought for 10 baht at the local stores. We traveled for over 3 weeks in Thailand and this is the only hotel that charged us for water.

We did like the pool area and I thought the staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear 97Rick,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed with the staff service.

Regarding the daily complimentary water you had raised, yes there will be daily complimentary drinking water in the room on the shelf. The drinking water in mini bar fridge will be charge according to the price list shown on top of the mini bar fridge.

Hope that in future you will reconsider and choose to stay with us again so that we may be able to show you that we have learnt from your experience.

Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (235)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Although during my entire time in Krabi it rained, the hotel was beautiful. On the Ao nang strip, across the street from restaurants & many shops. 5 minute walk from the beach, I'd also recommended a trip to the very zen spa. Stayed in a grand deluxe room, had a HUGE bathtub, balcony with a sunset view(pointless as it rained the whole time). The pool was big & had many sun beds, with a pool bar. Perfect for couples & families.

Dear Tom D,

Thank you for taking the time to do a review of the resort and on behalf of the team we are so happy you had a wonderful stay. The pool is so much fun and gives all you need, enjoy, relaxing and the great view.

Our team work hard to ensure everyone is happy and glad we were able to meet all you need and thank you for the review again and we look forward to welcome you back soon.

Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

As with all hotels, you want one that suits your needs. We had 3 weeks in Thailand previously staying at higher end hotels. Unfortunately some of these nice 5 star hotels can be on large properties typically out of the main town with outrageous food prices. Having tired of that we tried Vogue. The location is right in the heart of Ao Nang. Local food, massage, shopping, dive shops .... in abundance. The property is medium sized perched on the hillside. Plenty of stairs throughout the property, so would not stay here if that is an issue. Well cared for with a slight exotic feel. Ample pool, but nothing to compare to the big resorts if that is what you need. Service was fine, but we did not test it either. Breakfast was above average, but not 5 star. Did not eat dinner at the resort since the street life is the whole reason you stay here. Room was above average with nice hardwoods and the whole resort was clean. Potential issues with street noise for some of the rooms, so if you want it quiet, stay in the back. More of a climb, but worth it IMO. Verdict: If you want a comfortable room in a very well located area, plan much of your time out of the resort, and are able to pay a little extra over I would say come here. If you want to go less expensive there are other options. If you want a true 5 star, not going to find that in town. For what I wanted, it exceeded expectations so I am giving it a 5.

1 Thank Scott M
Dear XScottx,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed and positive review and I am genuinely pleased to read that you had such enjoyable and memorable stay with us. It is great that you appreciated not only your room and the staff service, the pool and in particular location of the hotel is well received and I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

While I thank you for praising our service overall, our young growing team is certainly still striving to achieve our full potential and it is feedback such as yours which assists us to target areas to improve.

I hope to see you back again soon at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, please stay in touch and let me know if there is ever anything I should assist on arrangement of your next trip.

Johor Bahru, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Most of the staff are friendly. They will greet your arrival with fruit juice. Besides they are willing to assist with your query. The room is very comfortable. For your convenience, they will even provide umbrellas, slippers and towels in your room. I just wonder why my room was not decorated with towels-made swan. This is a very basic greeting in Krabi. The only drawback is no lift access. We booked a premier deluxe room which is located at the highest floor (4th Floor). Anyway the room is spacious with a wonderful view. We felt that it is worth to climb the stairs. There is a big bathtub in the room. You can enjoy it while watching the television. Overall experience was great, I would recommend this hotel to my friends. Thanks front office manager, Thipyarat and resort manager, Phusit for paying attention to my request.

Room Tip: My room number is 4301, located at the corner of the highest floor. The view is great!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank louisgml
Dear louisgml,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your review and ee are very pleased to read that you enjoyed with our friendly staff service, the room amenity and particular our premier deluxe and we very proud you had raised us a luxury resort in Ao Nang.

Yes, the Premier Deluxe Rooms offer an ambience of luxury and romance with their oversized tubs, separate showers, and large four-poster bed which overlook through the pool to Ao Nang bay.

Please do drop me a mail when planning your next trip to Ao Nang and hopefully we can welcome you back soon.

Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

I really loved this place and would have given it five stars but the bar across the street played very loud music until 1 am. We moved rooms and it was better but we could still hear the music. The staff said the bar is losing its lease soon so the music will stop then. The staff was outstanding! The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The pool is gorgeous. The location Is very good. Book this hotel if the loud music has stopped.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Dear Chuck S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience about your recent visit to our hotel. We are delighted to read that you and your family have enjoyed the stay with us and very pleased that you liked our room, the swimming pool, the location of the hotel and particular on our friendly staff service.

Yes, I delighted to inform that the Coconut Bar would be ending their contract by April, 2014 which they will move to somewhere else.

Do not hesitate to contact me at any time when planning your next trip to Ao Nang, I will personally ensure you have another great stay with us.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed here November 2013 as part of our honeymoon. I was feeling very ill during the night at around 4:30-5am in the morning. My husband called the reception desk where there was no answer. He tried several times. We were staying in the honeymoon suite high up on the fourth floor, a very long way down to the reception with no lift. My husband had to leave me to go and find a doctor in the middle of the night because there was no one on the reception desk. The doctor sent an ambulance and when id managed to get down to reception there was still noone manning the reception. I was put at risk because there was no one on reception and my husband had to leave me to find the doctor himself. Do not stay here. The staff are terrible.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank raj20135
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear raj20135,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review here and sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory experience you had whilst staying with us, especially on such a special occasion as a Honeymoon.

I am very alarmed to learn that when you were unable to contact anyone at Reception in the early hours of the morning and due to the severity of this issue, please rest assured that I am looking into this personally to ensure that such a situation does not repeat itself in future.

Kind regards,

Miri, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and i went to Ao nang for our honeymoon and we spend our first 2 nights there in Vogue resort.We booked our room through Agoda and although it is discounted but the staffs of the resort still give us their very best treatment.Upon arrival we were given some refreshment and our room was decorated with roses petal.we even have flowers in our bathtub! The hotel interior is very cultural so if you seek to experience some thai elements, i think Vogue resort is the perect place. We didnt order breakfast so i could not tell how it is but based on what i see the selections are very basic but varies.For our room, we booked the premium deluxe which is recommended for honeymoners and bases on other reviews, the only downside to this room is it is on the fourth floor without lift.However i don't find this nuisance as we enjoyed taking our time. The location to the beach is approximately 10minutes or so but you wouldn't feel it because along the way there's so many shops and restaurants. Just opposite the hotel there's a restaurant called Lemon, it is halal and the food was superb! Overall both husband and i enjoyed our stay there and were very happy to choose it as our first hotel

1 Thank Nur Ilmiah A
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Nur Ilmiah A,

Thank you very much for spending your Honeymoon and sharing your thought about your recent stay with us. I am delight to see that you enjoyed honeymoon, the premier deluxe room, the service from our team member and particular the location of the hotel is well received.

I would personally agree that Ao Nang with this its collection of restaurant , bar and shopping, is a fun experience only few minutes’ walk away from the resort.

Thank you again for selected us as a first choice of your first visit in Ao Nang, I hope to see you back again at Vogue and please contact me directly so that I can assist to make arrangement.