“DO NOT STAY HERE - I COULD HAVE DIED” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang

Ranked #9 of 106 Hotels in Ao Nang
“DO NOT STAY HERE - I COULD HAVE DIED”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

We stayed here November 2013 as part of our honeymoon. I was feeling very ill during the night at around 4:30-5am in the morning. My husband called the reception desk where there was no answer. He tried several times. We were staying in the honeymoon suite high up on the fourth floor, a very long way down to the reception with no lift. My husband had to leave me to go and find a doctor in the middle of the night because there was no one on the reception desk. The doctor sent an ambulance and when id managed to get down to reception there was still noone manning the reception. I was put at risk because there was no one on reception and my husband had to leave me to find the doctor himself. Do not stay here. The staff are terrible.

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank raj20135
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear raj20135,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review here and sincere apologies for the less than satisfactory experience you had whilst staying with us, especially on such a special occasion as a Honeymoon.

I am very alarmed to learn that when you were unable to contact anyone at Reception in the early hours of the morning and due to the severity of this issue, please rest assured that I am looking into this personally to ensure that such a situation does not repeat itself in future.

Hope that in future you will reconsider and choose to stay with us again so that we may be able to show you that we have learnt from your experience.

Kind regards,

Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Miri, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2013 via mobile

My husband and i went to Ao nang for our honeymoon and we spend our first 2 nights there in Vogue resort.We booked our room through Agoda and although it is discounted but the staffs of the resort still give us their very best treatment.Upon arrival we were given some refreshment and our room was decorated with roses petal.we even have flowers in our bathtub! The hotel interior is very cultural so if you seek to experience some thai elements, i think Vogue resort is the perect place. We didnt order breakfast so i could not tell how it is but based on what i see the selections are very basic but varies.For our room, we booked the premium deluxe which is recommended for honeymoners and bases on other reviews, the only downside to this room is it is on the fourth floor without lift.However i don't find this nuisance as we enjoyed taking our time. The location to the beach is approximately 10minutes or so but you wouldn't feel it because along the way there's so many shops and restaurants. Just opposite the hotel there's a restaurant called Lemon, it is halal and the food was superb! Overall both husband and i enjoyed our stay there and were very happy to choose it as our first hotel

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nur Ilmiah A
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, November 24, 2013
Dear Nur Ilmiah A,

Thank you very much for spending your Honeymoon and sharing your thought about your recent stay with us. I am delight to see that you enjoyed honeymoon, the premier deluxe room, the service from our team member and particular the location of the hotel is well received.

I would personally agree that Ao Nang with this its collection of restaurant , bar and shopping, is a fun experience only few minutes’ walk away from the resort.

Thank you again for selected us as a first choice of your first visit in Ao Nang, I hope to see you back again at Vogue and please contact me directly so that I can assist to make arrangement.

Noida, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

Me an my wife stayed here for 3N/4D from 8th-11th nov.Overall the hotel location and ambience is very nice.Quality of breakfast was good and the swimming pool is very well maintained.But there management disappointed us a bit.

As it was our first anniversary which was on 10th Nov.I specially dropped a mail to them,called them from my home country and then also asked them during checkin that the room decoration which I have opted for needs to be set up in my room on 10th Nov but on 10th evening when we came back to the hotel at 5 in the evening , the room was not decorated and that made me bit upset as that was the surprise I planned for my wife.They admitted there mistake and finally decorated the room(when we went for an evening walk on the beach) and gave me 50% off on the room decoration.

There is a coconut bar just in front of the resort which plays some good live music and around 200 meters there is an 'Amy's 69 Bar' which is a must visit if you really want to have some cool drinks in a funky atmosphere.

Overall I would recommend this hotel not because of its staff but more because of the ambiance and location.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 3305 which is away from the main street.If you want to pay a bit more then do stay...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Voyager_NB

First of all thank you for stayed with us of your first anniversary and thank you a lot for taking the time to write about your recent stay and your constructive review. I am glad that you enjoyed with the Room, Pool, Breakfast and the Resort Location.

I am sincerely sorry that you stay with us fell rather short of your expectations, although I do appreciate your feedback about an issue of the room decoration set up time of your anniversary which our normally standards were not met. I will personally follow this up in detail with the team concerned.

Thank you again for submitting this particular review and I delighted to see that you found many areas of the resort your liking. I certainly hope it won’t be the last time we welcome you back.

Pau, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

nice stay in this hotel, the room is nice with a big balcony .
All the staff are nice, smily and helpfull.
Just the check out was not easy, the night receptionist didn't know how to process and took a lot of time to do it

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Pauppp64,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stayed with us and that we were able to exceed your expectation.

I have noted on staff English ability on checking out process, I will make sure to improve on that area and please do drop me a mail when planning your next trip and hopefully we can welcome you back soon and impress once again.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Me & my wife, stayed here for a couple of nights, in Dec 12', as part of our Honeymoon Trip. We got one of the best rooms for ourself. Undoubtedly, this resort has one of the best accommodation that I have lived. Once you wake up in the morning & sit in the balcony, the morning sun view is spectacular from behind the mountains. However, the major disadvantage is the absence of lift in this resort & I had to climb to the 3rd floor. The food also could be slightly improved on.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear DeeptamanMukherjee,

Thank you very much for spending your Honeymoon and writing about your experience with us and I am delight to see that you had such enjoyable and memorable honeymoon and also the premier deluxe room and particular the view from balcony is well received and I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

I have noted on the breakfast variety. Regarding the step, the resort is located on a hillside and yes, we do not have any elevator in the resort at the moment. So for those who prefer the view, rather than access, I would recommend the Premier Deluxe Rooms at the top of our hillside. If guest prefer no step, we have rooms located in the Superior Room category without a single step to enter the room.

I hope to see you back again soon at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, please stay in touch and let me know if there is ever anything I should assist on arrangement of your next trip.

Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

We booked the Premier Room located on the 4th floor. There were no elevators but the view from our balcony totally made climbing all those steps worth it! Our room was huge, cozy, and clean. Perfectly situated on the main street which is a few meters away from Ao Nang beach, Vogue Resort & Spa is a great place to stay if you want to be in the middle where it all happens.

One thing that my husband and I kind of felt weird about was this: We asked for the hotel to pick us up in the airport, and then on the way to the resort, our driver conveniently stopped in a travel and tours agency and then a guy just entered our car and sold us tour packages. We really felt uncomfortable, like we were forced to decide to book a tour right then and there. It would've been better if the driver asked us first if we're interested to book tours and not just stop at his own convenience. Tourist trap, I must say.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Dear KabbieRA,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay and your constructive review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed with the Premier Deluxe Room, the view from the room, the room cleanliness and particular the location of the resort is well received and I had shared with all team members.

Please accept my apologies on the unprofessional of our transport company about an issue with airport transfer and that our normally van standards were not met. I had spoken with the manager of Transport Company and will make sure this will not happen again to other guests.

I would personally agree that Ao Nang with this its collection of restaurant, bar and shopping, is a fun experience only few minutes’ walk away from the resort.

So thank you again for your recommendation and I do hope you will contact me personally to arranging your return to Vogue Resort & Spa soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013

We are just winding up our 5 night stay at Vogue Resort &Spa having started our 2 week holiday in Thailand in Ao Nang . From the moment we checked in our stay has been fantastic . The rooms are a delight ( free upgrade to the best rooms with views of the mountain , beach and pool was much appreciated) spotlessly clean , made up early every day and such comfortable beds . We are traveling with family members so the connecting door on the balcony was a plus, so good to just chill out up there after a days adventuring , a perfect start to the evening . The staff members are all so helpful , nothing is too much trouble and they were very friendly . Breakfast was plentyful and delicious , the only fault there was the very week tea ...... Coffee was great as were the omelettes . The pool is in a perfect setting , again spotlessly clean and attentive bar staff . We have loved our stay and wished we had booked for longer , we are now headed to Kata Beach for the next 9 nights so farewell Ao Nang ....... We've had a great time .

Ps make sure you visit Thailandia just down the road on the opposite side , nice food , great atmosphere and fun entertainment !

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Gina E
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Dear Gina E

Thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed and positive review and I am genuinely pleased to read that you had such enjoyable and memorable stay with us. It is great that you appreciated not only your room and the view from Premier Deluxe Room’s balcony, The Pool, Breakfast and in particular friendliness service from our team member well received and I will be sure to share your comments with the team.

While I thank you for praising our service overall, our young, growing team is certainly still striving to achieve our full potential and it is feedback such as yours which assists us to target areas to improve.