“Very recommendable and excellent service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang

and 1 more site!
Ranked #9 of 106 Hotels in Ao Nang
Hals, Denmark
“Very recommendable and excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

A great hotel! The hotel buildings are situated around a very beautiful atrium garden and the pool area. The garden is very well kept, and the pool area is for adults as well as children.

The location of the hotel is ten minutes walk from the beach, the bay, and the Ao Nang waterfront, and as soon as one walks out on the street there are plenty of restaurants, street kitchens, etc.

The rooms are spacious and tidy and cleaned every day. The morning buffet offers a big variety of meals and it is always a pleasure to start one's day filling the stomach with a nutritious and lasting breakfast.

The staff is very professional and service minded and one is always met with a smile, a polite attitude, and helpfulness.

4 Thank Pierre André K
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Pierre Andre’ K,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay with us. We are pleased that you liked our hotel, garden, the swimming pool, the breakfast and overall of the staff service.

Khun Yutthaphum’s my Executive Sous Chef and his culinary team every excited to know you loved and enjoyed our breakfast selection.

Thank you for submitting this particular review and I am delighted to see that you found so many area of the hotel to your liking. I certainly hope it won’t be the last time we welcome you back.

Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We booked this hotel for our honeymoon after seeing the reviews in tripadvisor. It's a very lovely and beautiful hotel located on the main street of Ao Nang and next to Mc Donald's and closeby to the beach (5 mins walk). We stayed here from 25th march to 28th March, 2013. We had booked a Superior room and we got it on the 2nd floor of the main building above the reception. The staff were very helpful and smiling and welcomed us with welcome drinks. The check-in was swift and smooth. The room had a balcony, double bed, flat screen TV with a good number of English channels, complimentary tea,coffee and water,AC and fan and a safe. The bathroom was nice with a bath tub and a shower area with complimentary toiletries. The swimming pool is a medium sized one and is clean. The buffet breakfast was very good and had a quite good selection of vegetarian foods. The fried potato with herbs, baked tomato and cheese and the fruit salads were very good. The manager of the hotel made it a point to meet us during our breakfast and enquired about our stay. The housekeeping staff were also very helpful when we needed a travel adapter and the room was kept very clean by them. My wife and I have decided to return to this hotel whenever we visit Krabi again. Indeed a very pleasant stay in this nice hotel.

Room Tip: Try and get the rooms on the 2nd floor of the reception building particularly 2304,2305,2306 so that...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Dear ChinDeep,

Thank you very much for sharing your thought about your recent stay and spending your honeymoon with us. I was please to meet you and your wife during your stay and discuss the many great things about the resort and Ao Nang.

I am always most excited to hear when we get the service right and thank you for your kind words regarding the service and breakfast selection during your stay. It is really a critical element to any guest experience and we continue to strive every guest receives a perfect while visiting our resort.

We look forward to welcome you again to Vogue Resort & Spa and Ao Nang soon.

Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

The reason why I booked this hotel is because of the praises for it on Trip Advisor. Unfortunately, I did not get what I was looking for. I stayed in the resort from 19 March to 22 March and booked a Deluxe room for the 3 nights of stay. I paid approximately SGD$448 for the total stay and by Krabi standard, I would say it's priced slightly higher then the other resorts around it. Things were looking good when we arrived to check-in. We were given the usual welcome drink and the staff personally brought us to our room. The room is generally clean and what you see from the pictures is what you would get. I expected the bathroom to look better though. Within the room, they also placed a beach straw bag for us to use when we needed to go to the beach.

The location was excellent. If you take MCD as the landmark of the stretch of road leading towards Aonang Beach, Vogue Resort & Spa is just located a stones throw away from MCD. When you exit the hotel, there are endless pubs/bars and restaurants to cater to everyone.

The WiFi was very strong within our rooms but guess what? The goodness of the place ends here.

When we reached our room, there was blackout for more then 15mins. We waited for awhile but no staff alerted us on any status or whatsoever and we had to call receptionist to find out what was going on. It tripped a couple of times more and we got fed up and decided to head out first.

Reading about the fantastic service of the staff at the resort, we were expecting to immerse in the land of the thousand smiles. However, it was super disappointing as the staff were not as friendly and helpful as we thought they would be. A good e.g. We saw lemongrass incense (liquid type) burner under our basin in our room. However, the liquid ran out and we called Housekeeping for a refill. I had thought this to be an initiative due to the mosquitoes problem (There are ALOT of mozzies in Krabi). However, our call was directed to and fro between Housekeeping and Receptionist and the refill came so much later while we were subjected to more mozzies attacks.

The choices for breakfast were limited. Usual bread and butter, fruits and salad, yoghurts selection. Fried noodles, rice, chicken, potatoes, tomatoes. OVERFRIED BACON! Juices and that's about it. The egg station is located out of the restaurant and if we were sitted in a corner without noticing there is an egg station we would probably not even know they had that. When we requested for our eggs, the staff manning the station was plain rude. He stared and frowned and only responded when he was prompted more then once. Even if there were language barriers, I suppose the staff with supposedly good service training should know how to respond with positive body language. We gave up eating the eggs in the end.

The pool. Looks good before you actually swim in it. The waters is extremely murky and I couldn't even see my feet when I'm in it. Even if it was the sun tan lotion that went into the pool due to the earlier swimmers, how can the staff leave the pool in that condition? It was disgusting and it goes to show how insensitive the staff were. If you know lotions would make the pool dirty, why not clean it up regularly so all your guests can enjoy the pool fully.

Also, there is no lift within the resort. We stayed on the third floor and when we arrived, the staff helped us carry our luggages up. During check-out, be prepared to lug your luggage down yourselves!

Krabi is a lovely place to visit, but if you're looking for a resort to stay in Ao Nang, look for something else.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Zilin
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Zilin,

On behalf of the team we thank you very much for your detailed and constructive feedback and First of all Please accept my sincere apologies that your experiences at the resort not meet your expectation. Our top priority is our guest’s satisfaction and we always feel disheartened when guests left down by our service.

I am delighted to know that your enjoyed the room and the location of the hotel in Ao Nang. Yes, I would personally agree that Ao Nang with its collection of restaurants, bars and shopping, is a fun experience only a few minutes’ walk away from the resort.

As I had explained on the last review that there were frequently electric malfunction in Ao Nang and made one of our Pool water circulate pump broken. The new water circulator pump has replace in 4 days thus making our water color dropped but the water qualities has monitoring three time per days through that period.

All the points your referring; 15 minutes blackout in the room, staff service, choices of breakfast and luggage service which all the mentioned points has been discussed among the team leader and settle our training plan to improving of our staff level.

Again we are sorry for any inconvenience, while I know we didn’t manage on this occasion,

Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Stayed here a couple times over a 2 week period. The hotel and staff were really quite nice. Good food from the menu, although the breakfast was just average. Good pool, but busy while we were there.

However, the rooms are fantastic. They really have that 'spa' feel. Spacious, nice balcony, comfy bed, good bathroom.

Walk out of the hotel and you are on a street with lots of tourist shops and restaurants. Walk 5 or 10 minutes down to the beach. Tuk tuks easy to find outside.

We'd go back.

Room Tip: The rooms above the ground floor are considerably bigger and nicer.
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Valued Guest (n e)

Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay with us. It's alway great to know when we get things right. Yes our Chaonang Spa's Unique Thai Traditional Spa is one of the best Spa in Ao Nang.

Ao Nang area with its collection of restaurant, bar and shopping is a fun experience only a few minute's walk from the resort.

So thank you again for you recommendation and I do hope you will contact me personally on your next visit to our Resort and Ao Nang.

London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at vogue for 10 nights. This was our second time here. We had a superior room which was really nice. Great size, very clean, tea coffee toiletries beach towel and pool bag. We decided to return here because we knew the rooms are nice, as is the pool, as are the staff but alot apparently changes in a year! It started badly with four emails going unanswered by the hotel/ oam group. The pool is still nice but on day 3 of our stay the water seemed murky and continued to get worse as days went on. A week later and the water resembled pond sludge and the broken pump/ filter still hadn't been fixed. The pool area had lots of leaves etc that were rarely swept and when the grounds men did sweep them lots of muddy boot prints were left in there place and were still there two days later. Not what you want to walk over when you get out of the pool!
What really let us down was the staff. They just seemed to not care anymore. At check in the lasy grabbed my passport then disappears not a word. She did return with two glasses of drink that I think was ment as a welcome but did not feel welcoming. Eventually we checked in and she was to show us to our room. I didnt expect this tiny lady to carry my bag or offer to but the young lads milling around could have but instead they just watched us both carry them ourselves. After a day of staying we enquired as to the possibility of extending our stay. 4 staff members including a manager at the desk, not a single one asked us by how long or when we were due to check out etc, no one checked the system just replied no fully booked. They may well have been and that is not an issue but the disinterest and rudeness of the staff and their manner made me pleased they said no! The guy tues-sun at the pool bar has forgotten how to smile but served the mediocre and expensive food efficiently. The guys at the pool bar on the Monday were to busy mucking around to get any orders right, made hideous tasting smoothies and then couldn't do the math to add service (what service?!) and tax, I had to use the calculator and show them myself! Then when I tried to pay cash he said "no change just sign" because he didn't want to find me some change. 11 days we were at this hotel and only two members of staff said a greeting to us, even if we greeted them we didn't get anything from the staff. I witnessed on a number of occasions that not all guests were treated this way and I witnessed some fantastic hospitality toward others. For some reason we did not qualify for this and that had left an awful bitter taste. For the price we recieved a nice room but no service, a broken pool and a 10 day break that we endured instead of enjoyed! My advice is the mercure deevana, we are paying the same price per night includes breakfast and top notch service don't bother with vogue.

• Stayed March 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Catherine F
VogueResortNSpa, Manager at Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Ms. Catherine Fell,

Greeting from Ao Nang and Thank you very much for taking time to write a report .Our top priority is our guests satisfaction and we always feel disheartened when guests feel left down by our service. Please accept our sincere apologies that your 2nd experience at the resort did not meet your expectation.

There was frequently electric malfuntion in Ao Nang area in the last one week which made one of our Pool water circulate pump broken. We were carry pool water test 3 times per days to making sure the water quality is in standard but of course the color of pool water was slightly drop and did not clearing as it should be. Its is very well possible that the murky water your were referring was caused by sunblock lotion rising off on the water in the late afternoon.

All emails received by the resort are returned in a timely manner. We aim to respond to our guests within 24 hours of receipt of the mail. I find it alarming that your emails; 4, went unanswerd. Not knowing which emails address you were sent the emails to, I was informed my IT to follow and ensure email are not being lost.

On the points that staff not caring, I find this greatly upsetting. Vogue Resort prides itself on high service standard it provides its guests. Staff are service minded and regularly go through training on how to deliver the WOW factor. I will address this concern with all department Manager, especially those in the Front Office and Food & Beverage.

Your request to extend stay, Since the hotel is fully booked on 23-25 March we could not offer you to extend the stay and it was come out automatically once you asked the front desk staff. You are right we should have asked some more information and it should be other way around to say no instead of saying "No" please leave this with me, I will take this more serious on the training together with my Front Office Manager. Also the guest arrival experience must more welcoming.

On the food product standard, Food and drink are prepared accoding to a set standard. Staff are expected to follow these standard in order to deliver a consistent product. I will address this concern with my Food & Beverage Manager.

Ms. Fell, while I know we didn't manage to impress on this occasion, I thank you for your kind feedback and I do hope we may have the opportunity to serve you better should you decide to visit us again.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2013

Had a fantastic time staying in this hotel. Our room was sooo big and so nice!!! Really good view down on to the pool for paying on a little extra (really worth it!).

We stayed for 5 nights - wish it had been longer!

Friendly staff but not great English! The guy by the pool wasn't very helpful though.

I am veggie and when my food came out with meat in it they were very happy to change it.

Bad note - lots of German's who put their towels down very early in the morning. There wasn't enough sun loungers to be honest.

Oh and sometimes you could hear noise from the street at night - but it wasn't too bad.

Went on a really nice day trip with them and elephant treking - the tour group was very good and it was only a small group.

If I went back to Ao Nang I'd definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Upgrade its definitely worth it - but there are a lot of stairs!!!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sawasdee Cazz3212,

On behalf of the team we thank you very much for your kind sharing about your experience.
It seem you had a wonderful time and really enjoyed the overall experience including everythings from the room, the view, swimming pool and friendly staff service.

We have taken note on the points that some guest reserved the sunloungers by early morning and staff English communication ability.

We look forward to welcome you again at the Ao Nang Vogue Resort & Spa soonest.

Warm wishes from Vogue Resort & Spa Ao Nang,

Rio de Janeiro
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

We spent 4 nights at Tubkaak beach and as we had planned to do one tour to the islands everyday we didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel.
We booked the honeymoon deluxe room; very decent room with plenty space including a nice balcony with a jacuzzi. The bathroom was nice, although I think the shower could be a little bigger given the size of it.
Breakfast was really good with all different options of fruits, breads and juices. The sunset lounge, probably where we spent more time, was great; beautiful sunset with good drinks and nice live music. The pools are nice and some have water jets, good to relax. The hotel has a lot of families so, if you are looking for some relaxing and quiet moment by the pool you may be surprised by kids playing around.
The only restaurant we had dinner at the hotel was the Italian one, where is also the sunset lounge, very good food. The other nights we went to the cities near the hotel.
The staff was very helpful, setting up all tours and transportation for us, including the transportation back to Phuket.

• Stayed March 2013