“Very convenient resort”

Aonang Villa Resort
Ranked #18 of 111 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed May 14, 2007

Hey I just got back from my trip to Krabi. Stayed at Ao Nang Villa and I have to agree with the rest... the location was indeed very convenient. It takes me less than 2 mins to walk out of the villa and into the bustling street of Ao Nang.

The staffs was also helpful, you can tell that they try very hard to communicate with you in English. I booked for a standard room but they upgraded me to a superior room with no extra charge or whatsoever. (Not too sure why they did that, but hey I'm not complaining!)

Breakfast was pretty boring actually and the room was nothing impressive but its fine bcos I spent most of my time outdoors anyway.

On check-out at 12pm, they gave me an option to store my luggage in the luggage room since my flight was only at 6pm. That was really neat bcos I could use the extra time to swim and do some last minute shopping before collecting my luggage from the villa.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank flairista
Write a ReviewReviews (1,383)

Reviewed April 22, 2007

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
11  Thank prettybullet
Reviewed March 10, 2007

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled with family
3  Thank CarinaFinland
Reviewed February 18, 2007

We have now stayed at 12 hotels in various parts of the Far East and this was definitely the most disappointing. It should have been good. The room and balcony were large, the pools good, the gardens were well kept, it was always clean and the staff were friendly. However the furniture in the room and particularly the restaurant left a lot to be desiredservice left a lot to be desired. The chairs had no cushions and the long wait for food made sitting an ordeal. We once waited a full hour for our starters and it could take an age to get the bill for your drinks at the end of the meal. Having said that the food was good when it eventually arrived. The hotel introduced a buffet during our second week and this was an improvement. Breakfast was a buffet and was fine. If you do book here go B & B as there are many good restaurants nearby. Another failing was a lack of sunbeds and parasols round the pools. Every sunbed had a towel on by 6.30am - honestly it was worse than Spain! The beach is fine if you are a beach lover.
With a refurbishment and a shake up of the restaurant arrangements the hotel would be OK.

• Stayed: February 2007
3  Thank Reroom
Reviewed February 12, 2007

We have just returned from a 14 night stay in Ao Nang Villa. We were very lucky to be upgraded to the Villa Suite at no extra cost to us, which made our stay even more enjoyable. This hotel benefits from probably the best position of any accommodation in Ao Nang. It is quiet at night, but just outside the back gate and you are a few steps away from the buzzy centre of things. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful, from the reception staff on check in, to the maid who kept our room spotlessly clean. However, there are two things which we feel lets the hotel down a little and which they should sort out to make this an excellent place to stay, rather than average. The food (apart from breakfast) and the lack of places to sit outside i.e. sunbeds around the two pools and seats which could be dotted around the very pretty and well kept gardens. We refused to get up at before 7:00 in the morning to bag a place around the pool, so it was very much pot luck if we found anywhere. Luckily, our holiday did not revolve around sun bathing every day as there is so much else to do and see in Krabi and the islands. We were booked on a half-board basis, but would recommend bed and breakfast as there are so many good value places in Ao Nang to eat. The evening meals in the hotel were often cold, especially the buffets and the service very slow. On a couple of occasions we ordered fish which was well cooked and reasonable in price. Lunch time snacks were much better, especially the Asian dishes, which were freshly cooked. We thoroughly enjoyed our holiday in Krabi. We loved the trips to the islands espcially to Phi Phi Island which we booked through the hotel who use a very good tour operation called Phi Phi Island Tours.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
7  Thank whitings
Reviewed February 11, 2007

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple
6  Thank FlossieUK
Reviewed January 21, 2007

I stayed at Ao Nang Villa for two nights during my recent trip to Krabi. I shared a standard room (on the 2nd floor of building 7) with two of my friends and was pleasantly surprised that we could check-in our room immediately when we reached the resort at 12 noon. That was a GREAT relief as we reached Krabi at 8 in the morning and we were tired from the rather boring complimentary city tour given by our tour agent in the morning.

The room is still spacious despite having to accomodate 3 single beds and the bathroom is well-kept and clean. The room does not provide a hot water flask and tea/coffee-making facilities but that was fine with me. My only complain about the room is that the extra bed which I took was not exactly the most comfortable - the mattress was too hard for my liking and the same goes for the pillow. I kept having to wake up and change position throughout the night.

I read the reviews made by other members about their staff being rude and unfriendly but I didn't encounter any rude staff member during my stay at the resort. In fact, I found most of the staff (even the reception staff!) polite and friendly and most of them have no problem understanding simple English.

Some things I love about the resort - great breakfast (wide variety), friendly staff, spacious room, the accessibility to the beach (just across a walkway) and shops as well as the peaceful surroundings the resort offers. I'm not sure if January is considered a non-peak season but the resort is pretty quiet and peaceful when I was there. Great place to relax. There are two pools at the resort so it's a big plus for guests who like to swim and spend the day sun-bathing by the pool.

Despite all the good points I mentioned, I thought the resort should provide more room facilities (e.g. water flask, bathrobe, better mattress/pillows etc) given the price they charge. Still, I have no major problems with the resort. It's expensive probably because of the excellent location it has.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled with friends