“How do you book this hotel?” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aonang Villa Resort

Aonang Villa Resort
Ranked #16 of 106 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reading, United Kingdom
“How do you book this hotel?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

I have emailed the Aonang Villa Resort on numerous occasions to make a booking, as my attempts on their webiste has been unsuccessful.

To date, I have still had no response to my emails, so have given up, as this has already portrayed a bad impression of their service!

The venue looks great, but let down by communication and would prefer not to take the risk!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Flapjack005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
oakland, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

I had been backpacking through the southern islands of Thailand, and I was ready for a break from the beach bungalows. Luckily, I came across Ao Nang Villa and I could not have been more pleased with the resort.

From the moment I arrived (actually in a van from the ferry with younger backpackers who quietly whispered "this is a nice hotel" to each other) I knew I had made a good decision to splurge on my budget and pamper myself for a few days.

The hotel upgraded me to a pool/beach view free of charge. From there, I enjoyed my large room with complimentary fruit and water. I showered and lounged in the provided white robes and realized I didn't want to leave the comforts of the room. I ordered a hamburger and fries from room service and felt like a queen!

The grounds are well manicured, the complimentary breakfast buffet has everything you could want and the hotel is located just off the busy streets of Ao Nang on a beachside strand.

I took the water taxi to Railay Beach and was happy that I had chosen Ao Nang for my stay and Railay for a day visit. The price was right and I was able to have more options for restaurants, shops and wandering.

I will definitely recommend Ao Nang Villas to others!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank jrocci
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear jrocci

Thank you for your wonderful review and I have enjoyed reading your review and glad to know that you had a pleasant stay with us, and left with a great memorable.

Your positive reviews have been shared with all associates at the resort to further support our aim to deliver exceptional service and to create treasured memories for all of our guests.

Lastly, thank you once again for your recent stay, and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2014

I stayed in the Aonang Villa Resort in Krabi on 17th April for 7 nights with my boyfriend.

First impressions were great, our luggage was taken straight away by a very friendly and welcoming member of staff and we were taken to the reception to check in. We recieved a little drink on arrival, and were quickly checked in and showed to our room.

The room was lovely. We had a ground floor garden view room with a balcony terrace and 2 sun loungers. The garden was like a little paradise and we had no problems with noise or disturbances, which is what we were expecting from a ground floor position. The room was imaculatley clean and spacious, the bed HUGE and very comfortable. Everything that was in the brochure was in the room. The lovely lady who was cleaning our room for the week did a fantastic job, and even on one morning, when we did not leave the room until lunch time (too much sun + Chang Beer = very sore head) she still came back when we left and cleaned. A very nice touch was the lovely Frangipani flowers she left on the bed.

The rest of the hotel was just as emaculate, the pools were good and there were various happy hours on throughout the hotel during the day. Although it took us a few days to work it out, but we could spend the entire afternoon hopping from each of the bars (2 pool bars and beach front bar) thus turning our 'happy hour' into a 'happy day'!

The hotel resteraunts had lovely food, although we only ate their twice. They had an Easter buffet on one evening which was very good. Breakfast, which was included was also good, they had an egg station and various breads/pastries, fresh fruit, cereals, aswell as in typical Thai style, chicken and rice etc.. there was so much choice, I looked forward to it every morning!

I cannot sing this hotels praises enough. All the staff, from the reception, cleaners, bar staff and resteraunt were so welcoming and friendly and would bend over backwards to please the guests. I would fully recommend this hotel, and will definatley use it again next time I am in the area!

Room Tip: Choose a room with a garden view. Very quiet on the terrace and we spotted some wildlife while relax...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Rebecca R
Dear Rebecca R

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for your review in this platform. Much appreciated to learn that you and your boy friend had the wonderful holiday at our resort.

I have passed your appreciations about service of associates, quality of food at our Easter buffet and a variety of breakfast as well as about our room standard in term of cleanliness to our entire of team who are the key to our guest’s satisfaction.

Thank you very much again for detail review, and I have enjoyed reading this. On behalf of Aonang Villa Resort, we are most happy to welcome you and your boy friend back again in the next visit.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

In my opinion this is all in all the best resort in Ao Nang .
Great location right on the beach but still in the heart of everything .
Beautifully manicured gardens , friendly staff , spacious well maintained rooms .
Aircon and hot water in perfect working order. Bed a little hard but that is the Asian way .
I stayed 6 nights and in all that time did not see one piece of litter .
2 good sized pools both very clean .
A lot of rooms don't have views so choose carefully .
My only criticism is breakfast , average at best and way too many flies .
I will definately be coming back to Ao Nang Villas.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the building nearest the beach , 2nd or 3rd floor .
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank bazkiri
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this review, May 7, 2014
Dear bazkiri

Thank you for your review and we truly value your compliment for our team and resort. I am very pleased to see more Australian coming to Krabi and enjoy a relaxing holiday in the beautiful and convenience destination.

I have also taken note on your breakfast feedback, and have share to our Executive Chef to look into this matter and make the necessary improvement.

Once again thank you for chosen to stay with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back again in near future.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2014

This is my second stay at Ao Nang Villa. Booked for 2 nights with special request for second floor room not too far from reception.

CHECK-IN
We arrived from another resort in Ao Nang at 1pm. Pleasantly surprised that our room was ready! Half of our requests was met.. We were assigned second floor room but no where near the reception. We were actually in Block 6, quite a long walk.

THE ROOM
The room faced the dreaded pond (as reviewed by previous TA members) and beyond the pond, the main pool. It wasn't too bad - Not smelly and quite rustic. Some mozzies at night but not a major issue if you keep the sliding door to the balcony closed.
The room is becoming dated but the bathroom looks good and clean. My favourite thing about the room (even from previous trip) is the armchair! It is so comfortable! I would love to sit in it all day! Not too happy with the extremely hard mattress though...

BREAKFAST
A good spread, too large a variety to list. I recall some flies during my previous stay, didn't see any this time, well done Ao Nang Villa!

LOCATION
My main reason for choosing Ao Nang Villa. Really idealic : Very close to the main strip of Ao Nang with all the shops, bars, massages and restaurants yet due to its unique location right at the corner of the road leading away from the beach it is very quiet with its own beachfront.

POOL
Clean and large but I just came from Mercure krabi Deevana (with amazing pool), thus, I find Ao Nang Villa's to be a tad dull in comparison...

Overall, it is still a good hotel. I will return for the location but will try my hardest to avoid building 6 as I found it a hassle to walk from my room and back daily.

Room Tip: Ask for room nearer to the reception
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank MelKualaLumpur
Dear MelKualaLumpur

I am very pleased to read your review and to learn that you have overall enjoyed your stay at our resort, particularly the resort’s location. Knowing our resort’s facilities and services meeting your expectation is truly a great contentment for our team.

Thank you once again for chosen to stay with us, and we are looking forward to welcome you back in the future soon.

Bray, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2014

My wide and I went to there to stay for 10 night on the first day of Songkran. WeI has a deluxe pool with pool access room. Room has pleasure with double beds, desk with chair, safe deposit and nice bathroom.also WiFi was free but was off and on as had to resume login with WIFI. Buffet breakfast was very good as happy with it. On Easter Sun we has International Easter buffet as enjoy in especially stir fry as fab taste.....
This place looked fab location as very closed to beach, shop, plenty of bar and restaurant . Very friendly and very supporting staff in those resort as I would recommended come back again in near future..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank DKStokes S
Dear DKStokes S

Thank you for your review and I have enjoyed reading your review, especially your appreciation for our resort location, pool, and facilities. Also, I am proud to see my team has given their genuine care and attention to our guests. I will share your review with them and certainly your review will brighten their day.

Thank you once gain for your stay at our resort, and should there be another opportunity to bring you back please do not hesitate to contact myself.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

We went for a week trip during Songkran. I got a deluxe pool view. Room has good side with 2 double beds, a small table an couple of chair, tv, dvd, safe and refrigerator...
We like the wood deck with direct access to the pool. WiFi was free but was really bad. Included breakfast was good with thai-western-indian food but there were no variations during the week.
Very frienly and suportive staff.
Our first visit to AoNang town, but the hotel location was super convenient to move around to the islands and to Krabi.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Octaviosky
Dear Octaviosky

Thank you for your review and sharing your holiday experience on this platform. I am very pleased to know that you and family enjoyed stay with us, especially your appreciation for our resort location and also positive remark on attentiveness of our team. I also noticed from your review you experience a few shortfall in our service during your stay, I am very much value this feedback and have share to our team to look into the improvement where required.

Once again, I would like to thank you for review and feedback that help us to improve our services and resorts. We hope there will be another opportunity to welcome you and family back again in the future.