Aonang Villa Resort
Aonang Princeville Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$74
$71
Agoda.com
Aonang Paradise Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$42
$32
$76
$45
  • Breakfast included
Peace Laguna Resort and Spa(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$67
$49
  • Pool
Ibis Styles Krabi Ao Nang(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$29
ibis Styles
Phra Nang Inn(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$50
$43
Trip.com
Krabi Aquamarine Resort(Ao Nang)(Great Value!)
$36
$527
Centara Hotel
  • Breakfast included
1,419 results
All reviewscoral poolwhite elephant restaurantgrand superior roomfree afternoon teabeach massagebeach frontbeach barexcellent locationpools are greatlong tailclose to shopsmain poolmassage areamassage placesthird floorlow seasonthe main street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We slept at Ao Nang Villa for 4 nights over the 2013/2014 New Years period. The rooms were very nice, but lots of mosquito though. We liked the patio facing the hotel pool and the little wooden shutter in the bathroom (which could be opened while still showering etc). The location is great. Beach on the one side and busy markets and shops on the other side.

My boyfriend and I also visited the Boogie Bar which is really close to the hotel. There was a fantastic vibe. Would definitely recommend for some old school classics.

All in all this hotel is probably one of the more upper class hotels in ao nang.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing any of the two pools.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2014

Dear Ingevs

I am thrilled to know that you and your boyfriend have enjoyed your stay at our resort. Our pool view room where you staying are very peaceful and ideal for guests who wish to relax in a peaceful environment. Your ratting on the services and cleanliness are the area that will look into those area for further improvement.

Thank you once again for your overall positive review and we hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

The hotel's location is the gem here. Right in Ao Nang, close by all the shops and restaurants and right in front of the beach.

Only the boardwalk separates the hotel property from the beach. The room is nice we were on the third floor facing the sea.

For the most part the staff were friendly and helpful and the room was kept clean. My only real issue is that the Air Conditioner was pretty noisy.

Room Tip: We were in 7308, "Superior Sea View". Though it is classified as such, you do not get the big balcony but you do get a fairly large room and much nicer washroom.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rodin C

Dear Rodin C

Thank you for your review and recent stay at Aonang Villa Resort. I am thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay at the resort and my team has well taken care of you. I will certainly pass on your fine compliments to my team and all the associates.

Regarding of the noisy from Air Conditioner after received your feedback our Engineering has fixed the issues. Your feedback is helping us to improve our resort and services.

Once again thank you for taking the time to write a positive review of our resort and services. We are all looking forward to welcome you back again in future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed January 18, 2014

What an utter disappointment was this hotel during our 3 weeks stay in Thailand. We decided to start 2014 off here with the newyearseve-diner-for-two and stay here for 4 nights. Actually we hád to book the diner, we could not just book the 4 nights without it, they charged USD. 220,- ! for 2 (this was without the drinks! we we told upon arrival). The performance of a very noisy band made it worse and the food was just too basic for this price (diner at the Shangri La Bangok was cheaper). I cannot imagine why they charge so much, the staff was the grumpy cherry on the cake, so rude! A waitress actually refused to give me a clean napkin (really??) To be honest, it made me mad so we left at nine and had a blast with Bacardi-cola on the beach. All the ingrediënts are there for this hotel, the location is just perfect, the ouside of the hotel looks great, spaceous corner-rooms, lots of closet space. The problem is inside, the rooms are so dated and even dirty! (see my pics, check bathroom), ripped towels, faded lampshades, the works. Wifi just didn't work properly and the staff was probably the worst I have ever experienced in Asia and I travel there a lot. One more small pointer and then I will try to keep it more positive; the breakfast is terrible, dried out pancakes, terrible coffee, 1 peace of cheese for a mouse.
AoNang offers longtail-boattrips to Railay Beach; what a dream! The Streets around the hotel are quite fun actually, for drinks and diner, enough choice with friendly people. We met 2 very friendly guys from the staff, the beachpoolbar-waiter during happy hour; compliments! And a very friendly porter, later we found out he was one was the few smiling. The larger pool is great, big with plenty of great sunbeds, good vibe!
Lucky for us the rest of our stays in Thailand were great; My advice; have a look at Centara Grand (further down the bay, we had a look there and loved it!)

Room Tip: Don't book a room here- plenty of choice elsewhere in AoNang
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Ros1963

Thank you for your stay and for taking your time to post this review. We are deeply disappointed in not being able to accommodate you with a true Aonang Villa experience and would like to sincerely apologize for the shortfalls in our services. We take all feedbacks seriously to improve our resort and its operations.

In regards of the New Year Eve celebrations this would not feel right if compare with City hotel as Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok, as I am quite familiar with festive dinner of the hotel around river side in Bangkok most of them starting the dinner rate 5,800++ and if complete with free flow of wine and spirits would available at 10,000 net up to 12,000 net. We have aligned our prices to current market demand patterns and are also compared with the same level of resort available in this area. However, I understand your point on the lack of services during dinner time, let me clarify that could be from issue of English language barrier which we are aware of this issue and continue to work harder to improve our services and to enhance our English training for all associates. Many of our associates graduated from the Thai school, so foreign language is still a challenge for them. However, they are absolutely nice people who are willing to lean and always try their best to help and pleased our guests.

In regards of the WiFi, we are in progress to make improvement, as it is concerns with ground cable and accesses point which we are installing the new line at the moment. We ensure by mid of February however, WiFi will be up full speed again.

After seen the photo you posted in regards of the room cleanliness, needless to say, this is completely unacceptable and I would like to sincerely apologize for this. I have personally looked at the room and personally discussed your comments with the management team and they have assured that will address these points with their team.

It is undeniable that a business is to drive profit and in the hospitality industry service quality and guests satisfaction are keys of our business success. Without these, profit maximization can’t be achieved. We thank you and value your feedback.

We truly hope that we will be given another chance for you to experience a truly and rightful pleasant stay with us again. Please do not hesitate to contact me in the future as I would like to ensure that a more than accommodating stay be promised.

Reviewed January 15, 2014

Good location. Things work. Decent breakfast. Beachfront massage popular - hardworking masseuse. But wifi was a letdown. Booking email said a bus would be present for pickup but we took airport transfer as resort transport nowhere to be found.

Room Tip: Rooms facing sea provide wonderful view of sunset
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank dichinsy

Dear Dichinsy

Thank you for your recent stay and your recommendation to other traveler on this review. Your positive remarks for our resort location are greatly appreciation. This certainly helps other travelers to make their trip pleasant. My apologize for the shortfall of the service you were experience upon arrival. I will address it with my team to ensure its will not happen with other guests.

Once again thank you for your review and we hope there will be another opportunity to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 7 nights. After reading some of the reviews before getting to the hotel we were a little but worried that we over paid!

To our delight we were not disappointed. We had a deluxe pool view. Worth every penny! The room was bright, large and airy. The bathroom was clean and the shower was great. The room was on the ground floor with a large sliding door leading out to a decked area with two sun lounges and steps directly out to the pool. This was great as we didn't have to fight for prime locations around the pool. We went for a swim everyday after an excursion and it was a great way to unwind before getting ready for dinner.

We stayed around the larger pool. The view of the mountains was beautiful. The pool was warm. You can order snacks and drinks which were all tasty.

Breakfast was included and have to say that it had a good selection. Options of different eggs cooked. Bacon, sausages. Cold and thai options also. Lots if breads, croissants and Danishes. Juices, tea and coffee. We dinned a few times in their restaurant. We found it pleasant and the food tasty. A little bit pricy but we did order some of the more premiums beers and wines on the menu.

We decided to use the spa. Again a little pricy but very good. A suggestion would be to offer spa packages for guests where the excursions Listed. It didn't seem busy and this might be the prices compared to other massage/spa places.

The location of the hotel is very central.

I agree about the wifi. It's very slow and you have to keep logging in. This needs updating to keep up with the demand and something which could be rectified very quickly and easily.

Overall we really enjoyed our stay, we would stay again and recommend to others.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Monika R

Dear Monika R

After reading your review, I can only find the word ‘Thank you’ to express my gratitude for your constructive review posted on this platform. Your kind words and compliments for our resort and services are truly appreciated. Regarding the WiFi, we absolutely agree and are in process to upgrade the WiFi connection.

The Deluxe Pool View is an excellent choice for those who preferred to relax providing a certain comfort and privacy with 2 sun lounges on a large balcony, and we are glad you liked it. In regards of other service I will certainly also share your compliment with them, and look into those area as recommendation.

Thank you once again for your valuable remarks and I hope we will have another opportunity to welcoming you back to our resort in the near future.

Rattavadee Vachaviuptt