“Great Ao Nang Experience”

Aonang Villa Resort
Ranked #17 of 111 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Booked this hotel through travel agent together with all the activities. The moment you arrive here, you have a good feeling about the resort. You will be greeted by the friendly porter guys ( good looking) and they will help you carry all your stuff. Then proceed to check in, the recpetionist were sooo friendly (expect that from thai people). She talking in a very good English and great manners. The resort though dont have elevator - highest floor is 3rd floor. But no worries, the porter guys will do all the bag lifting. The rooms are huge. Great balcony - we had view of the beach - so cool though there are some obstruction to the sea by trees its still fine. The bed is soo comfy, design of the room are superb. Nicely done arrangement. Toilet even more fantastic. Big bathroom, a shower place, and a bath tub. The resort just reach up to your expectation. Pool are so nice. Spa is a great thing that they have - do book and try get some massage though i get my wax done here - great job done. breakfast is just fabulous - lots of choice. and nice cheese (at least the one that i like and not talking from a french point of view). Close to all amneties and beach - couldnt get better than this in Ao Nang. We stayed 5d4n - and we loved this place. its all worth it!

Room Tip: choose higher units with sea view that would be better choice if you wanted sea view.
2  Thank Dublin_IrelandMomo
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Dublin_IrelandMomo

Thank you for your recent stay at Aonang Villa Resort, and for writing this review and sharing your wonderful holiday experience with other travelers on this platform. I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and the accommodation and services met your expectation. I will certain share your review with them and this will definitely uplift there spirit during this busy festive season.

I thank you once more for your kind comment and last but not least, I wish you a new year filled with joys, good healthy and prosperity.

Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,386)

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed at Aonang Villa Resort for 10 days Nov 2013 and had the most relaxing time.
This was the second time we have stayed at this resort and will return.
Our room was on the 2nd floor overlooking the main pool and mountain. The staff were friendly and helpful, buffett breakfast excellent. As my wife's birthday coincided with our stay she received a beautiful cake free of charge which was delivered to our room.
This resort has everything, close to the shopping area and beach, friendly staff and great food.
The only downfall was the room smelt musty on arrival and should have been aired prior to being occupied but overall excellent.

Mark and Trish Murphy ( Australia)

4  Thank Mark M

Dear Mark M

Thank you for your recent stay at Aonang Villa Resort, and taking your time to post on this platform. I am glad to hear that you had overall pleasant stay with us. Furthermore, I am pleased to read that you have already been staying at our resort for 2 times. Thank you for trusting in our resort’s facility and its services.

I really appreciated your feedback in regard to the room condition and we have rectified this problem and eliminate the smell using a dehumidifier, In fact, the musky smell came from the density in the room, which was caused by the high level of humidity in this region, especially during and after a few days of rain. The dehumidifier plus good sunny days will quickly take the density out from the room and back to normal.

I trust that there will be another opportunity for us to should you our improvement on your next stay.

Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed here for three weeks in October. We had a grand superior seaview room. When we booked we paid extra to upgrade from a standard garden view.The balcony did have a distant obstructed seaview over the roof of the restaurants, but I would not have paid the extra for the view. I also couldn't see the difference in the standard , superior or grand superior, except for the price!
However the hotel was clean with lovely pools. There we plenty of sunbeds and space around the pools.
The fitness room was good, well equipped and clean.
We ate at the White elephant for a special meal and although more expensive than most restaurants outside, it was a very nice meal. There was lots of variety and it was beautifully presented. It was worth the extra money.
Our room was cleaned every day,with clean towels etc.However the bed wasn't changed regularly and I did have to remind the maid to change the bed after we had been there 5 days.
The staff were friendly and helpful.
The breakfast was very good, catering for all tastes and cultures. There was a lady making omlettes and fried eggs, and another making the noodle and vegetable soup. There were fresh pastries and different varieties of bread, cold cooked meats and cheeses, fresh fruit, cereals ,porridge, various cooked dishes. everything anyone could want.
What makes this hotel outstanding is the location. One side of the hotel opens onto the beach, with a small road/ promenade between the hotel and the beach itself. Lovely to eat breakfast whilst overlooking the beach. The other entrance leads into the main road, right in the heart of the town. The hotel is set back , off the road, so is secluded and quiet , but very convienient.

Room Tip: We had grand superior seaview, but I don't think it worth paying extra for these as our seaview...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Carole L
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Dear CarolinaMoonUk

Thank you for taking your time to post a detail review and your stay experience at Aonang Villa Resort, and I truly appreciate your complimentary and fine comment feedbacks for our improvement.

Thank you for trying our Thai Restaurant ‘White Elephant’ and I am delight to learn that we met your culinary experience we offer a unique dining experience enhanced by the selected Thai authentic menu and daily special, and we only use the quality and fresh ingredients.

As you mentions, our resort is very peaceful and ideal for guest who wish to relax in a quite environment but still prefer to be convenience to go around Aonang walking distant or go Island sightseeing. In regarding of the grand superior sea view room, due to the recent feedback from our guests expressing their comment, we then rearrange our plant by trimming some plant in an area which view block.

We are delighted to hear that overall you have enjoyed the resort facilities and services. As always, we share your valuable feedback with our leadership team and pass on special recognition to those staffs that went the extra step. In regarding of cleaning room daily I will personal look into this area and address with my team to improve our services.

Thank you once again for your recent stay and hope to welcome you back to our resort in nearly future. Please reach to me if you are planning to visit our resort again.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Its been written before, location is great. So are the facilities at this hotel. Nice pools and restaurants. Best breakfast so far in Thailand. The beds are like heaven, slept very well here. Close to the shoppingarea and good restaurants. Family friendly hotel!

Not top grade because of the cleaning. To out of five days they didn't clean the room. The pools (especially the one close to the beach) were dirty. The childrens pool was to ground for our kids and the other pools was too deep. Lacking the mid section.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Dear Burger77Norway

Thank you for our review and your perspectives experience of your stay at Aonang Villa Resort. Knowing most of our resort’s facilities and services meeting our guest’s expectation is truly a great contentment for our team. I also truly appreciate your feedback for our improvement, as I always believed fresh eyes will see thing differently

In regards of room cleaning you had mention, this is not characteristic of what other guest have come to expect and experienced while stay at our resort, we will certainly investigate and address these matters with my team.

The swimming pool as you may notice that the color water in swimming pool is not quite clear; this was affected by one of our water sand filter which had some issued, and we immediate fix on the day. Please accepted my since apologize for the uncomfortable feeling that may cause you. Please be confident that the pH and Chlorine level of swimming pool water has properly checked with is safety for skin and eyes, as range of pH is remaining at 7.2 – 7.6, and Chlorine is remaining 0.5 – 1.5.

Also, Please be informed that our pool has designed according to International security and safety standard which does allow children pool not to deep over than 60 cm and other adult pool not to deep over than 150 cm.

I thank you indeed for your complimentary and your feedback, it is our hope that we can regain trust and welcome you back again in near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed November 15, 2013

We stayed at Aonang Villa Resort for 5 days in Oct 13. The location was wonderful, facing onto the beach and backing onto a restaurant and entertainment area. The room was large with a balcony overlooking the main pool area and views of the adjacent mountain. The staff were at all times well presented,polite and helpful. The hotel area was very well maintained and kept very clean and tidy. It was a most relaxing stay and we are very sure to return soon.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John R
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2013

Dear John R

Thank you for taking the time to write this review and share your holiday experience with other travelers on this platform. I am pleased to know that overall you enjoyed your stay at Aonang Villa Resort. Our resort is indeed a perfect paradise for those wanting to spend their holiday in a relaxed environment and be engaged with the local restaurant and entertainment from Aonang Centre shopping area. I am glad that our resort is meeting your expectation.

We hope there will another opportunity to welcome you back in nearly future.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

SCAM, SCAM, SCAM!!! Booked via their website, booked a poolside deluxe room, paid for a poolside deluxe room. When we arrived, we are told that the booking is for a standard room and no deluxe rooms left, even though their website says there are 5 available. Then we showed a screenshot of their own website booking. They said we booked via a website that looked like their website. Funny that they had our booking. They said they would investigate. They didn't and took us for around A$300. Be very careful. BTW, it's a nice location, but the resort is nothing special!

3  Thank eaelec
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Dear eaelec

Thank you for taking your time to post this review. We are deeply disappointed for not been able to accommodate you as your expectation. I certainly understand how you feel when you didn’t see your expectation was fulfilled and I appreciate and value your feedback.

As you mention that you were book though our website, www.aonangvilla.com for Deluxe pool view room, and we only allocated you to Grand Superior. I guests this could be a misunderstanding. This issued my team has informed me in the same day of your arrival. I personally looked into the system after got this information; however, I could not find any booking under your name thought our website. After investigation we found that you were book thought online website which link your booking thought our partner agent, in condition of Grand Superior room for 2 persons. Also, the voucher you hand to us also Cleary said that room type: Grand Superior room.

Also, when you looked into the system and found the deluxe pool view room available for 5 rooms given this fact of the limited amount, it is a challenge to upgrade, we were truly sorry, that we were unable upgrade your original room book to Deluxe Pool View, and I certainly understand your disappointment.

It is correct that my team has informed that you were book via a website that looked like our website, and even voucher mention Aonang Villa Resort, online voucher number #. This issue wasn’t the first time, however, we were ask the guest to login the website, we all seen that it isn’t our web.

Despite your disappointment, I am at ease to know that you were appreciated our resort location. I truly appreciate your highlighted this in your review.

Reviewed November 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Ao Nang Villa Resort for 15 days in october - november 2013. It was a beautiful place. Our room was facing the beach, and every day we had a magnificent sunset. The staf was so kind, friendly and helpfull. They made it a memorable stay. We will highly recoment the resort.
Best regards
Vivi and Joergen Erik Joergensen

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Vivi and Joergen Erik Joergensen

Thank you for your recent stay at our resort, I am delighted to see your excellent rating for our resort. Your positive remarks for our resort and services are greatly appreciated. I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and were well looked after by our team throughout your entire stay. I will certain share your review with team and this will definitely uplift there spirit during this upcoming high season.

I thank you once again for your kind comment and we definitely look forward to welcoming you back again in near future. Should you have any further assistant please do not hesitate to contact me.