“Hotel lovely. Receptionist atrocious.”

Aonang Villa Resort
Ranked #18 of 109 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights Bangkok and 12 nights at this hotel. Arrived at the hotel and went to check in, we booked a family room 2 adults and 1 child. Was told by receptionist we hadn't booked a family room and we would have to pay for the extra bed I produced our confirmation that clearly stated that we had booked a family room and that we had paid a further supplement she wasn't interested and kept saying we need to pay for the extra bed. So I sat there and demanded that she get the hotel manager and to ring our resort rep, she kept saying we must pay. Long story short we did get the room we laid for. Staff so so so rude did put us off this hotel. Although in a very nice location. When we checked out we where presented with a bill for mini bar that we hadn't had or signed for, and for broken glasses that wasn't broken. I had a massive argument with the receptionist and manager. They never asked for a pre-authorisation of my credit card thank god so we just walked out. My friends with 2 children stated here and had the exact same problem with extra beds. I would never stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: November 2012
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear markiestallingboro

Firstly, please accept my apologies for the fact that we have not met entirely your expectations on your recent stay. Regarding your comments, I understood your frustration. Our resort operates where we hire many local in order to support local communities, and we do face some challenges in the English communication so some of them the way speak English may seem rude however, we are doing our best to help them to improve. As well, I take onboard your comment and certainly look into the issue with my team.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we always welcome and value guest input as it would help us to improve our service and understand our guest expectation further.

There are newer reviews for Aonang Villa Resort

Reviewed October 11, 2013

1 point we booked a taxi from the hotel to pick us up confirmed with the hotel twice and when we arrived at the airport no taxi. So we got a local taxi for 200 b less then quoted by the hotel.

2 point We were given a room that smelt so bad of damp and that it hadn't been lived in for a few months at least, plus it was dirty. I had the chance to see it as we waited for a room change this room was next to the big pool on the ground floor.

They then showed us a smaller room to the room upstairs in the same block and it also smelt of damp and musty smell.

Then the front desk started to get angry and said to us that all the rooms smell like that and then showed us a room which was smaller than the room we have booked but had a sea view. Obviously this room was used more and had a lesser smell of damp so we took that one.

On the other hand the pools are great and the location is perfect.

Room Tip: Get a sea view they clean those rooms well and they don't smell as much.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kitz H

Dear Kitz H

Thank you for your stay and for taking the time to post on this platform. We are deeply disappointed for not been able to accommodate you with Aonang Villa Resort experience. I certainly understand how you feel when you didn’t see your expectation was fulfilled, and I appreciate and value your feedbacks and address with my team.

In fact, your original room was Superior room which is 37 sqm, and the room you been show upstairs is Grand Superior room which is 44 sqm, and another room is our Superior Seaview which is same size with your original booking, but allocated in different area. Most of the time we are running with 80% years round, so will certainly hard to face with the smell issue, however, in this situation if my team didn’t explain this in details, please accept my apology.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I hope my explanation above will help to clear any details my team has missed out in their communication.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Everything was great! All staffs were friendly and hotel condition & service was excellent.
No hesitation of choice for next Krabi trip for sure.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank doel25

Dear doel25

Thank you for your kind word in your review. We are pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay and our service met your expectation. We hope the good impression you have for our resort will bring you back again in the near future.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I've stayed at Grand Sea View room for 4 days 3 nights. Even though requested for higher level room, I've been send to lower floor but it is ok. The only problem is the room is located near the mini temple and it is not very convenience to for us to stay just beside this temple. It's a bit annoying.

The hotel location is just near the beach, restaurant and shop. Highly recommended. You can eat breakfast with the view of andaman sea. Superb. However, there are not much variety on the breakfast selection. I really like the free Tea time provided by the hotel.

Hotel also provided round island trip and also several activities such as kayaking and so on. You can ride a motorcycle to Krabi town which is just around 20 minutes from the hotel.

It is a great holiday for me and my wife and will love to stay again at this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose grand superior sea room. It is awesome.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vr_mission

Dear vr_mission

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this detail review and your positive high remarks for our resort, and team. It is truly delightful when knowing our guest left which a pleasant memory.

I thank you once again for your review and hopefully we will have another chance to welcoming you back.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

Stayed for almost two weeks and I can't fault this place. Staff are really friendly, housekeeping would clean while you were at breakfast so we were never disturbed. Swim-up bar at one of the two pools. Right on the beach and next to the main drag. Has a really nice open and relaxed vibe. Awesome included buffet breakfast, so much to choose from, and vegetarian friendly!!! Beds were extremely comfortable...i still miss them even now!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Steph H

Dear Steph H

Thank you for choosing Aonang Villa Resort for your recent stay and taking your time to write your experience on this platform. I am delight to see your high rating for our resort, and our service contributions. We hope their will be another opportunity to welcome you back to our resort, and please do not hesitate to contact me.

Once again thank you for your review.

Rattavadee Vachavputt

Reviewed October 4, 2013

On holiday with mum, pouring with rain when we arrived. Porter is waiting for us with umbrella. Great start. Booked a standard room, was given a room on the top floor only 3 floors anyway. View of beautiful gardens and ocean, everything in this resort was wonderful from the staff to the Buffett breakfast. And only a couple of hotels in krabi with absolute beach front. I can't recommend this total enough. Stay here, you will love it. We only had 3 nights, not enough in beautiful krabi, aim for 5 nights. Heaven

Room Tip: Any rooms facing pool or ocean
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Joanneclarkemelbourn

Thank you for your review and we appreciate your feedback. I am delight to learn that you and your mother enjoyed your stay and services are met your expectation. Our resort is steps from the beach and indeed a very green area. It is perfect resort for those looking for a peaceful and convenience location. We are certainly hope to welcome you and mother back for another holiday.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We choose to pay a little more for the Pool Deluxe room, and were not disappointed as we had our own veranda with two beds, just a few steps from the stunning pool. The room itself was pretty good too.

Location was a real benefit as its so close to the main strip for bars and restaurants, so we didn't eat in the hotel at all. It is also beach facing and many of the tour guides told us this is one of the best hotels in Ao Nang, we got a good deal via their website so ended up staying for 6 nights.

Room Tip: We paid more for the Pool Deluxe - would definitely do the same again
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Happy_holidays99_11

Dear Happy_holidays99_11

Thank you for your review and positive remarks. I am very pleased to learn that you enjoyed, and our resort has enhanced your holiday pleasure. The Deluxe Pool view room is indeed in a very nice location offers and extra veranda space, and easy access to the swimming pool. I hope we will soon welcome you back again.