“Nice”

Aonang Villa Resort
Ranked #19 of 110 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Service was very good. Staff was very helpful.
Slight smell in room, but not bad.
Breakfast was ok with very nice view!
Poolarea is very nice.
Small playground for small children.
Very centrally located, walking distance to almost anything, but still very quiet.
Beach is 10m from where you eat breakfast, if that....

Room Tip: Go for seaview if you can afford it...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Henning T
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Henning1070

Thank you for your review and recent stay with us. I am pleased to learn that you have enjoyed stay, particularly the resort’s location and our associates.

I really appreciate your feedback in regard to the room smell. We have rectified this problem and eliminated the smell, and arrange deep cleaning of the room. In fact, the musky smell came from the density in the room, which was caused by the high level of humidity in this region, especially during and after a few days of rain.

Once again thank you and we hope there will be another opportunity to welcome you back in near future.

Ms. Rattavadee Vachaviputt

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed in Krabi for 4 nights. The location is great. The hotel and its pool areas needs to be upgraded. No towels and better lounges needed. Some people thought they could put their towels out in the mornings on the lounges and then get to them later the day, leaving us to sit on the ground thinking that they were occupied. The hotel staff should monitor this. Swimming at the pools is wonderful as you cannot swim on the beaches as the water is too dirty. The Breakfasts were great, and so were the services at breakfast. A wonderful hotel for its location. We had to request for our rooms to be cleaned at 3 pm. Staff at the reception were great. The room 6011 which we stayed in had a problem with the air con. the minute you switched it off, water leaked out of the aircon onto the floor. my friend tripped and fell which resulted in 6 stitches in the head and 3 on the knee. Be careful re the air conditioners. .If you want location book at the Aonang Villa Resort.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dianne R
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Dianne R

Firstly, may I apologies for the disappointment you have expressed regarding the level of service around the pool that you have received during your stay at our resort, as well I am regret to hear that your friend has an accident during stay with us. After investigation with our team, on the date of the accident was your check out date, after received the report our team went straight to your room to assist , we also send our engineering to double check if there any problem with the air-condition however, we do not found any kind of the condensation or leak.

Regarding of the pool towel, we are not set up the pool towel in the swimming pool area, however, we are set up the blue color pool towel for our guest in the guest room and refresh it every day, and as well have also policy in place to ensure that the pre-reserved sun lunges in the morning, is not allow, and quite sure that we have enough sun lounge to serve our guest especially in green season. However, we are grateful for your feedback as it enables us to continually monitor our service and facility.

In closing, may I thank you once again for taking the time to write, giving me this opportunity to explain and apologies. We do hope you will choose to stay with us at Aonang Villa Resort again.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The traveller’s pictures of Ao Nang Villa on TripAdvisor helped me endure the throes of 2 months of extreme pressure at work. Just the thought of being overwhelmed by humidity and then soaking my body in the tepid pool and beach water helped me get through the day. Arriving at the hotel after 24 hours of travel time from Cape Town, (CPT, DXB, BKK, KRB) my family were ready to tear off the layers of winter clothes in exchange for a most welcome greeting by the pool and beach. #Exhale ….. 

We, the risk takers that we are ;) took a major chance at booking a holiday in Krabi during the “green season”. You stand the chance of either having a disastrous holiday with daily inclement weather OR a most memorable life experience with sunny skies, good food and beautiful people. Thankfully we were blessed with the latter and our experiences will be etched in our memories for.ever.

Not only was the humidity pleasant, the food (see my restaurant reviews) – mouth-watering, the people – friendly, the location – perfect, the pools – thairrific; we were able to enjoy the hotel, the surrounding areas, the tours, the shopping at discounted “green season rates”  Many a time, being the only peeps in the pool, we felt as if we owned the place tee hee. A beautiful frangipani tree in the centre of the pool provides for welcome shade during the menacing midday heat. (See pics)

The breakfast was .fine. Ok, I can understand the inability / and non-practicality of offering ice-cream / fresh cream with the flap jacks / pancakes in that humidity, but there should at least be a sweet danish or chocolate croissant on offer. At least the dragon fruit salad added to my taste experiences and I will never forget that oh so sweet papaya. BeaUtiful!

The accommodation was sufficient since we mainly ever used it to sleep in, using it as a base for the many tours and adventures on offer. The hotel, as in all hotels along that stretch, is in a close proximity to the beach, separated by a non-motorised pathway (you can’t really call that a road) (See pics.) I don’t think hotels are allowed to make official use of the beach hence there being no deck chairs available for use. Not that we ever bothered with needing deck chairs since we were in the water for the most time. The water had a sort of magnetic attraction that we just could not resist.

The spa was competitive with the abundant massage parlours on offer everywhere and offered a happy hour after 10h00 which included a thai massage for the same price as you’d pay for outside of the resort – 200 baht (equivalent to ZAR70 – lekker cheap cheap :) The hotel restaurants were mostly unpopulated. All thanks, or is that no thanks, to green season!
The shops and night markets are just outside the resort – where you can enjoy the balmy evening weather and stroll after dark.

It has been said that Krabi is a destination of choice for muslim tourists as halaal restaurants are abound. Don’t mind donning your burkini on the beach – you’ll not feel out of place. The hotel, unlike many others in Ao Nang, is not muslim owned and thus not certified halaal but comes recommended by me nevertheless.

Oh yes: I never encountered any lizards / ghekos in our room or in the hotel on a whole. They are there though but not as present as in Phuket!

Oh yes 2: Tea lovers will enjoy a cuppa (or 2 or 3 :) of Dilmah with a cute chocolate, orange or banana cake during tea time from 16h00 to 17h00 each day.

Room Tip: Even though the pool closed at 20h00 during the green season, a pool access room has obvious advanta...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Naadia
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Dear Naadia

First of all, thank you very much for choosing to stay at Aonang Villa Resort. I have really enjoyed reading your review, especially your appreciation of the nature and the hotel’s environment, facilities and services. You seem to have enjoyed every single minute of your stay at our resort, never mind the weather (sunny or rainy days).

Regarding of the sun lounge set up at the beach, it is correct that the hotel is not allowed to set up sun lounge right on the beach as local authority control to keep the beach natural and clean look. However, our resort is right next to the beach, this is also the beneficial for our guests who enjoy swimming in the sea able to back to relax on the sun lounge beside of the dolphin pool (close to the beach) and back to swim in the sea any time.

And as you mention the resort location is located within easy walking distance, our guest can still despite the relaxing in the resort, spend sometimes outside of the resort as the green season in Aonang offers amazing deals and great savings for travelers visiting.

Once again Thank you for taking your time to post on this platform, I will definite share your suggestions on Danish and Chocolate Croissant to Executive chef to create variety of the pastry station, your feedback is much appreciated. I am glad that overall you and family are enjoyed during stay with us, and we hope there will be another opportunity to welcome you and family back to our resort again.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

This is a lovely spacious hotel, with excellent staff working at reception. They were helpful, friendly professional and dressed neatly. The location is excellent: very close to the beach and close to the shops and stalls.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Elizabeth H
Aonangvillareso... K, Resident Manager at Aonang Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2013

Dear Khun Elizabeth H

Thank you very much for your positive review and the high marks you have given us. I thank you indeed for your compliments and allowing me to acknowledge the excellent services my team has provided you and friends during your stay. I will share your review with my team, especially with reception team.

I hope we will have opportunity to welcome you back to Aonang Villa Resort in nearest future.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

I recently stayed at Aonang Villa Resort and had a most pleasant relaxing 10 days. The staff were most helpful and the pace of life there gave of a relaxing atmosphere. If you want a place to stay that is very central and yet away from the crowds this is one to consider my room overlooked a beautiful garden and the front pool was great, not too busy and staff were attentive.
A tip follow the road along to the very end of the beach where you will find many massage huts with the most beautiful Thai people to massage your cares away.
My only concern was when it rained the tiles at the very front beachside became very slippery. Thanks for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear Khun Denise J

I am very pleased to read your review and to learn that you have enjoyed your stay at Aonang Villa Resort, particularly the resort’s peaceful garden and convenience location. Your kind words have indeed been rewarding for all of our team members for their strong efforts extended to our guests.

We hope there will be another opportunity for us to welcome you back to our property in the further

Reviewed July 12, 2013

This has been my fifth time at Aonang Villa in 6 years at the same time (in Australian winter July school holidays) As a school teacher exhausted after writing school reports and take the opportunity to get out of a cold Melbourne winter and travel to Aonang. I love this hotel. The service is terrific, the room cleaners do a fabulous job in keeping room spotless. After being diagnosed with a serious autoimmune disease prior to holiday, I was really sceptical about returning to Thailand in heat. However, I've returned to Melbourne tonight feeling great. Slept 9-10 hours straight every night. Some of the beds seem softer, air on worked brilliantly and even when our safe malfunctioned on our last night, someone came to our room quickly and fixed it. The view from my superior sea view room was awesome and I could become an amateur weather forecaster, watching the weather come over the sea. My twin sister and I love the coral pool, beach towels arriving daily at room and generally the relaxed kindness from all the Thai people. People say....why don't you try somewhere else...but this is home away from home with supermarkets close by and some terrific local Thai eateries. Breakfasts provided me with plenty of fresh fruit and cereals, bacon, eggs, omelettes and more. Thank-you to the management and staff at Aonang from the drivers to the cleaners. Very impressed. Thank you for making my holiday awesome and fit and well again.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Meredith F

Dear Khun Meredith

I thank you for your recent stay at our resort, and glad that we have succeeded in meeting your expectations.

I am delighted to know that you and your twin sister have enjoyed the coral pool and our superior sea view offering stunning views of the Andaman sea.

Furthermore, we are very pleased to read that you have already been stay at our resort for 5th times. Thank you for your trust in our resort’s facilities and its services, therefore, I have already shared your compliments with our entire team, especially service associates.

Once again, thank you for the high rating of your review and I am very much looking forward to welcome you back for the 6th time to our resort in next July.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

We stayed here for 1 week and thoroughly enjoyed our stay, the staff were helpful and very friendly and we made the most of the swimming pools, we stayed in the grand superior room it was spacious and clean. Walking distance to restaurants would recommend this hotel and would stay again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Melmadrid

Thank you very much for your recent stay at Aonang Villa Resort. I am delight to know that you enjoyed the stay and our team has well looked after you. I am glad that you have found our resort meeting your expectation. We hope the good impression you have for our resort will bring you back again in the near future.