WE have just come back from Krabi where we stayed at the Aonang Villas resort.
We were there for 16 nights from the 1st September 2012.
The hotel is in a great position right on the beach and the staff were very friendly and helpful but as mentioned on a previous review there is one sourfaced receptionist who should really change her job.
If you have a problem look for Anchalee B a very helpful receptionist sorted out our room almost instantly her english is very good apart from the one mentioned all the staff were very good.
The breakfast was about the same each day so if you are staying for a short stay as most of the other guests were short stay, it would not be a problem apart from that it was ok.
The restaurant staff were very good and the food good too, although the menu did not have a big choice but we were in there low season and there was only 100 guests actually staying at the hotel at the time.
The rooms were comfortable but a bit bland just funtional. Our room looked over the pool with a balcony with two sunloungers great when its raining and did it rain. A fridge and flat screen tv great shower in fact proberbly the best shower pressure we have ever had.
We did not use the spa as were told when my wife went for treatment that they were very busy and could not take a booking till the afternoon I do not know what they do in high season?
The pools were very clean but not well maintained we reported that one of the ladders to get into the pool was broken and dangerous, 16 days later the ladder was still broken and dangerous, but they did clean the pool each day.
Just one thing that we noticed over our 16 days at the hotel we never met any of the management staff at all, to busy reading the tripadviser reports?
Also I think the room cleaners should be given cards with there name on etc so they can tell us when they are off, We have stayed at a few hotels that use this idea and saves the cleaner from losing out on any renumeration that she might get as was the case this time.
Overall a great holiday we were aware that it was their low season and it could rain and it did we stayed in the same area two years ago at the same time and it only rained for about an hour this time it rained nearly every day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aonang Villa Resort, the stimulating destination situated on the unspoiled natural scenery by soaring limestone cliffs and lovely tropical environment, as well as just minutes away from lively shopping and restaurant district of Aonang Beach ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Aonang Villa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aonang Villa Hotel Ao Nang
- Aonang Hotel Krabi
- Aonang Resort Krabi
- Ao Nang Villa Resort
- Aonang Villa Resort Krabi/Ao Nang