Before I started this review, I read what others had written about the L Resort and it was definitely a mixed bag. If you expect REAL luxury then the L Resort will be a huge disappointment. Don't even consider it. However, if you just need a conveniently located place to sleep (not for light sleepers though) that has a really good restaurant in-house, free wifi and a reasonably sized pool, and you don't mind the bungalows then this is for you. If you like us are looking for a hotel with a nice feel, clean and well-appointed rooms, friendly staff and calm surroundings (at night) you will leave the L Resort with mixed feelings. The bungalows are old and while an attempt has been made to make the rooms look "modern", the doors to the closet don't close, and the door to the bungalow itself can only be closed if you lock it from the inside (or outside) with a key. This meant that if one person stayed in the room and the other went out you had to either lock in the remaining person or disturb the remaining person when you returned. The bathroom is really very RUN DOWN and in desperate need of a face lift. The furniture in the room is worn and if you're a light sleeper like me, and don't want to stay out partying until 3am you'll suffer from the noise/music coming from the nearby bars until the early morning hours. I slept with ear plugs and I could still hear the boum-boum-boum! Some guests have said that the rooms in the main building are quiet, but I have a hard time believing that with the main road on one side and the bars on the other they could be what a light sleeper needs. On the other hand, for daytime activities the L Resort is very conveniently located right in the middle of the main Ao Nang shopping strip and opposite the long tails departing to Railay. As for the breakfast, I didn't think it was anything special and it's true that there were no nets to cover the food. However, the in-house restaurant "Wanna's Place" served excellent food (we ate there twice). Their Thai food is delicious and so was the beef. Staff at the resort were generally friendly with a couple of exceptions but the owners/managers didn't make any effort to speak to the guests. There is a Mac available in the lobby for guests to use (free of charge on a first come first served basis) and a good wifi connection in the lobby/bar/restaurant. However the signal was very weak to non-existent in the bungalows. The bathrooms near the lobby were very dirty most of the time (especially in the evenings). Overall, we felt that at around € 120.- per room and night the L Resort was definitely overpriced by Thai standards. You can find nicer hotels elsewhere for much less.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The L Resort Krabi completly renovated and reopened in december 2015 is located in the Ao Nang Beach area of Krabi right in the middle of the town's main promenade with its restaurants, bars and shops. The beautiful beach of Ao Nang is also just in front of the hotel. This lifestyle property includes newly built superior rooms, deluxe rooms and suites. Our rooms are equipped with all superior amenities such as 43" LED TVs, Air-condition, Coffee Machine, Complimentary Wireless Internet Service, Safe,fridge and many more.We provide a personal iPad in every room, which enables our guests to order all days room service, Excursion booking, and many other services required. The hotel offers an outdoor pool with drinking quality water, as well as culinary highlight with its Thai-Swiss Restaurant " Wanna's Place Restaurant " offers breakfast in a buffet style and all days dining with Chef Recommendation " Speciality on Hot Stone " The L Resort with its style and unique experience will raise your expectations for future hotel to stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Hotel.de, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your The L Resort Krabi reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The l Resort Krabi Hotel Ao Nang
- Wannas Place Andaman Sunset Hotel
- The L Resort Krabi Ao Nang