“A little Mexican in paradise.”

Crazy Gringos Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #48 of 292 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Cuisines: Mexican, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The most authentic Tex-Mex food in Ao Nang! Extensive menu with live music.
Reviewed August 6, 2014

I have be backwards and forwards to AoNang for the last two years as an expat living in Phuket. I like to vary my diet when I can and each visit to AoNang has me drawn to Crazy Gringo's. Dave or One Eye to his friends runs a great place. His staff are first rate and the food is fantastic. Authentic in all aspects the restaurant staff have gaucho clothing. A small none intrusive band plays good music. A must on your next visit to beautiful AoNang.

Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

After being bombarded by leaflets for this place we decided to check it out. The staff were friendly upon arrival but since it was quiet they all seemed eager to serve us. Our drinks order was taken by one waitress, our food by another, drinks were brought out by another, food was brought out by another, bill brought by another then collected by yet another. They were all friendly but was slightly overwhelming.

The food itself was pleasant enough but very average. The restaurant had some good deals like 20% off all food and 50% off draught beer.

If I was in the area again I'd possibly pop in again for drinks as the atmosphere and band were good, however for food I'd be more reluctant.

Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Looking for a venue that was televising an important sports match and we happened upon Gringos. The tvs were showing our choice live so we settled in to a Mexican cantina despite being in Thailand. Service was friendly, margaritas and beer were nice and cold. We ordered nachos to share and was pleasantly surprised. It was delicious.
Wouldn't be my choice usually but if you would like a change from Thai food, then why not? Oh, they do have some Thai on the menu.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Crazy Gringo's delivers food way better than I expected. Enchiladas, Chimichangas, Fajitas, Chips and Salsa... all the cheese and all the sauce. Kitchen- cooked and served warm.

The main waitress is from Issan and is always there to offer you a joke, smile, and friendly ear. She's the best! The live band loves to play Fleetwood Mac, Alabama, and Lynyrd Skynyrd along with the slow jams.

Come for the beer and drink specials! Stay for the beer and drink specials! Even on a hot day, the outdoor patio with ceiling fans is the perfect balance of cool breeze and people watching. Even during a downpour when the electricity went out throughout half of Krabi everyone was in good spirits! Cheers!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Cozy mexican restaurant with good food and a friendly service.
The only downside is the music. The band plays nice but the noise is too loud for a restaurant.