“35 Long Island Ice Teas”

Crazy Gringos Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 301 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Cuisines: Mexican, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The most authentic Tex-Mex food in Ao Nang! Extensive menu with live music.
Reviewed October 23, 2013

This place was great and we absolutely massacred this place's cocktail menu during our stay in Ao Nang. The food was nice the staff were really friendly and really fussed over us. Thanks for an awesome couple of nights! The manager will understand my review title if he remembers us ..

David R, Manager at Crazy Gringos Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

HI and thanks for your great review. How could i forget you guys, great customers and awesome drinkers. I really hope the rest of your holiday was as good as the night you had at Crazy Gringo's..hurry back

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Came in here with a friend and ordered 2 margaritas and nachos. The drinks were fine but the food was terrible (understatement). Nacho chips were burned, cheese was rock solid, and barely any nacho toppings. When telling manager that the Nachos were insufficient he said there's nothing he can do about it. Save your money, go somewhere else. Paying $20 usd for a small plate of dry nachos is not my idea of a good time. Manager also kept us there for 30 minutes after claiming his credit card machine didn't work (a lie), as he finally ran it again after 30 minutes with no problem. Stay away from this joint!

David R, Manager at Crazy Gringos Mexican Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

You asked to order something that was not a part of our menu, I know this because I took your order personally . I told you that what you were asking for would not taste nice, but you were insistent because one of you was a vegetarian and you didn't want to have to pay for two meals.
I obliged and then when your meal came, you complained that you didn't like it and didn't want to pay for it. I explained again that you were told what you ordered would not taste nice, I also said that if you had ordered something from our menu and had a problem with it I would happily replace it or provide it for free. THIS WAS NOT THE CASE. You also accused me of being a liar when I said our credit card machine wouldn't work. Why would I say that? All I wanted was for you to pay for your meal and go. I explained that the credit card machine wasn't working and that we were trying to get it fixed. When the bank finally helped us to get the machine working again I was elated. I offer various alternatives for you to pay for your meal, ATM, Money Exchange, I even offer to drive you to your hotel to get cash. Your response was the only way for you to get cash is for your mother to wire it to you. Who comes on holidays with no source of available cash? I put it to you that you were the one who is lying, you came into my restaurant with 8USD in your purse and tried to get a free meal, AND your plate of nachos cost 422baht or $13 49 cents US. Not 20USD as you claim.

Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

We decided to go this place after passing by a couple of times thinking that it would be one of those normal tex mex restaurants. It turns out to be a great place! Super crowded after 9 PM! Tacos are yum and the live band plays such good music! We're coming back tomorrow night to try the steaks (that smells so good!) that we saw on the next table.

Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

The food is good solid stuff and pretty cheap, the beer is cold, the atmosphere is fun at times and they have Setanta Sport on TV if you're a rugby fan.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Stopped in one night to watch the Rugby League, had a feed, food was average. Beers/alcohol reasonable. Don't go there for Thai food, way better places.