“Amazing place!”

Ranked #6 of 122 Ao Nang B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Amazing place!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Vipa Tropical exceeded all of my expectations! My girlfriend found this place online and said we should book the bungalow for £12 a night and at first I was really hesitant.
After reading the reviews and seeing the photos I felt a little more open.
On arrival Alice made us feel so welcome and nothing was too much trouble and that attitude and approach remained for our stay (2 nights originally but the we stayed for 3 it was so good).
They have fridges and aircon in the bungalow rooms. The beds are a little hard but still good enough to sleep well. The bathroom is a little rough around the edges but for a hut-bungalow it's standard.
They have a little pool that is clean and well maintained. The mountains that surround Vipa really are stunning and make you feel you are somewhere else that's secluded. The location is around a 15 minute walk away and this takes you to the beach.
But the food places along the way are really good.
The beach is a bit of a dump but a good base to get to Railey beach.

I would recommend this place to everyone. Alice and the staff really go out of their way to help you with everything they can. Regardless of the language barrier they are patient and friendly and kind.

Definitely go! It's a really really lovely place.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 24Gecko

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
selangor
Reviewed February 19, 2014

the staff was so polite and yet he can speaks well too. when we got into the room, oh myy i love it too much, as shown in the picture, i love the natural-look of the whole resort despite the fact that my room is next to the pool. the pool was small any smelly,but then it is still not a problem. im staying for two night, the first night, the resort went black out. imagine, a resort in a such a mountain and jungle type,went dark. nobody have guts to check on the outside, we waited for an hour before this is fixed. the toilet could be better, overall, the environment and cleanliness is the best! will definitely stay here on my honeymoon.

Room Tip: to choose a good room, pick the one with a deluxe type of room.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank khamarul
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend stayed here, we ended up staying here a second time after doing a bit of traveling and bringing two of are friends who loved it too. It's about 6 min walk from the town and 12 mins from the beach just enough so you can sleep at night without hearing the music of the town , you have two types of accommodation the basic bungalow that we stayed in you have your bed and bathroom and your own space we loved it as it gave you the Thailand feel and cheap, but some people like to spend most of there time at there hotels and if you want to spend a bit more money but still cheaper then most of the other places you can get the other ones a lot bigger it has a big bedroom with air con a big sitting room with a tv , and a big kitchen. It has a lovely swimming pool with the most amazing mountain behind it and at night it's lights up your have to see it to know what I mean. The staff there made the stay so so good everyone of them couldn't do enough for us the most nicest people we met in Thailand they go well out of there way to help you with anything . It's clean and you will love it . And I seen someone had a comment up about they had to pay money for scratches on a scooter well if someone scratched my car or bike I'd want it fixed to, and as for handing in your passport you have to do that everywhere for the police, I rented a scoter hear my tyre ripped from wear an tear I rang them up and i had to pay for a new one as we were so far away but as soon as we got back I got the money straight back and the man wanted to tip me for it.. Thanks for everything see you next time . Danny

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dannyconnor1
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Really helpful staff which instantly makes the place feel homey. The bungalows are set among very pretty gardens and there is a nice pool, just remember to look up cause the bungalows are right under the cliff face which is very imposing and impressive. The bungalows are simple but have everything you need.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Firstly, let me start by saying how fabulous the owners are - it's a great family run business and they couldn't have done more for us.

This place has the potential to be amazing - fabulous location, great food and wonderful owners. The rooms themselves are nice, very simple but absolute fine. There are just a few things that let it down:
- the bathrooms are in desperate need of a re-fit (seriously, if you're a bit funny about bathrooms like I am then I really wouldn't stay here)
- the towels are nearly threadbare - really in need of replacing
- the bedding - I'm still slightly unsure as to why we had a Disney princess under sheet but there we go!! (It was clean, just a bit odd!)
- generally the place could just do with tidying up a bit - the balcony chairs were filthy, I wouldn't have even dried a towel on them let alone sat on them

Having said that, the wonderful owners more than made up for any short comings and it's a great budget option (backpackers may love it?)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Paderborn, Germany
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Vipa and could not of had a better time. We had a standard bungalow right next to the pool. It was perfectly adequate for our requirements and for the cost per night. Admittedly the bathroom could do with a re-fit and the decor could be spruced up but it was clean and the staff are the most helpful and friendly I have come across. They organised a moped for us and had it delivered in less than 15 mins from us requesting it. They booked 3 trips for us and each time got us at least a 1000 baht discount off the price on the leaflet. Its a 20 min walk from the main area of town but in the day you can get a free lift down and at night if you walk to the end of the road you can pick up a motorbike taxi for 60 baht no problem. The restaurant area is basic but breakfast is about 90 baht and a fried rice or pad thai the same price. The WiFi does work in the rooms and around the pool and there is no charge at all for it. It seems to be a place more for backpackers passing through but the bonus for us was that there were no children staying and the pool area was very quiet. If I ever returned to Ao Nang I would have no problem staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Newbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I are backpacking and were extremely happy when we arrived at Vipa! We are staying in one of the huts and can't fault our room at all. The staff (although there are not many) go out of their way to help you and are very polite and friendly. The resort offers free taxi rides into so bang, which is a bonus! However it is only a 15 minute walk which is pretty enjoyable! There is a pool which is small but very clean, as well as internet access and laundry services! Overall, I would definitely reccommend this resort, especially for backpackers!

• Stayed October 2013