“Recommended by the locals”

Massaman Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #21 of 273 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Seattle, Washington
“Recommended by the locals”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

I was so glad to find this place because I was getting so tired of the pushy restaurant people all along the beach walk. This place was recommended by my local drive instructors and it was great. The real deal, good prices and great food! It was a bit of a walk cause it's it's at the far end past mcdonalds, but worth it to me

1 Thank Debbie H

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
“Great food at reasonable price”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

Enjoyed a lovely meal here, glad to have found it as some of the best authentic Thai food we have eaten on this trip. Very reasonable prices and good choice too. Friendly staff and nice seating arrangement, especially for solo diners, as you can sit facing the street and do some people watching. Recommended!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“What's All the Hype About??”
Reviewed May 1, 2014

After all the hype about the Massamun served here I was quite disappointed. It was very sweet. I am half Thai and I find the mussamun and beef salad served here extremely sweet. For the beef salad, the beef was tough and I had to add lime and fish sauce to make it palatable. I won't be returning and my quest for the quintessential Massamun curry in Krabi continues...

1 Thank MelKualaLumpur
“Great authentic thai food”
Reviewed April 30, 2014

It took us a while to find this place, and just when we were about to turn back, we spotted it! I am so glad we didn't turn back because it was one of the best Thai food we've had in Krabi.

1 Thank Mistyboo007
Perth, Australia
“Lovely food and staff”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

The food at this place was delicious! I got the fish fillet massaman and got this massive fillet of fish in massaman sauce, great food for a relatively cheap price compared to many restaurants listed on TripAdvisor.

Quite a warm restaurant though as it is not air conditioned but most of them aren't in Ao Nang. Definitely recommend this place.

Visited April 2014