We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ao Nang
Aonang Haven Guesthouse.Massage.Tea & Gallery
Ranked #23 of 142 Specialty Lodging in Ao Nang
London, United Kingdom
“Perfect!”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We arrived at Aonang Haven long before check in time, but we were allowed to go straight up to our room, which after a full morning of travelling was nice. Our room, a Queen on the third floor, was beautiful. It was a little on the small side, (not small enough to bother us) but still felt light and airy and was spotlessly clean like the rest of the Guesthouse. There was a mini fridge with free water and cokes, cable tv and towels, and free tea and coffee.

The location was great, quiet at night but still really close to the beach and near lots of good restaurants and a couple of 7/11's.

The service was received was amazing - the staff were always smiling, happy to see you and very helpful, and on our last day even woke up at 5:45 to let us out. The cutest staff member was definitely Vanilla the dog, who was always happy to see you!

We only stayed for 3 nights, but definitely could've stayed much longer. When we return to Krabi, we will definitely return to Aonang Haven!

Room Tip: Queen on third floor was lovely!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lucy W
Andessen, Owner at Aonang Haven Guesthouse.Massage.Tea & Gallery, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for the review. We remember you as the two young ladies from UK. We are glad that the two of you enjoyed the stay with us. It was no trouble at all with the early check-out. Do feel welcome to visit again and I am sure Vanilla would be happy to see you too.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
London
Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

For how much we paid, can't rate this hotel highly enough. Really friendly owner who was always willing to help and give advice. The rooms were excellent and modern. A gallery tea room was still to be added and I'm sure it will only add to the charm of the place. Great hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank RSRNS
Thank you for the review. We remember you as the four young gentlemen from UK. It is nice to hear that the group of you have had a good stay with us. If you ever travel by this part of the world again, do feel welcome to drop by. Maybe our Tea & Gallery would be ready then.
Reviewed June 1, 2013

All i can say this is awesome! I always have doubts staying in Guesthouse as having bad experience before. However, Aonang Haven proves me wrong. The place is clean (no dirt found) and cosy. It provides free wifi, more than 100 of channels for you to choose from, fridge with free two bottles of mineral water and a bottle of coke and sprite each.

If you want a more spacious room then i would suggest you to go for king room which comes with balcony. Perfect stay for couple.

Saw a tiny table along the corridor (outside of the rooms) and was surpised to see there is a box of tissue papers and a roll of toliet paper. I would say this is first time i saw such considerate act. At any point of emergency, in case you had used up yours, at least you don't have to go down request and/or wait.

Walking distance (approx. 5mins) to Aonang beach and town. No worries for any language barrier, the owner is able to convey english, thai and mandarin. I had tried their in-house massage (thai body massage) and that was great!

Not-to-forget, friendly and approachable owner who will try his best to meet your requiries. Never expect that he will ensures the cleaniless to the extend of the plants.

Highly recommended and would definitely back again!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Mopikolo
Andessen, Owner at Aonang Haven Guesthouse.Massage.Tea & Gallery, responded to this review, June 12, 2013
Thank you for the review. After a long break since the end of high season here in Ao Nang, it is great to start the low season with a positive review. It encourages us to continue our best work at the guesthouse. Besides taking time off to attend to matters away, we also did some improvement works to the guestrooms, massage room and other areas within the guesthouse in general.

We are glad that you enjoyed the new flowers and plants that we were able to put up at the balcony during your stay with us. We also upgraded the old sink tap to shiny new ones as well as replaced the shower head and faucet valve in the bath. A new courtesy tray is also included in the room so our guests can now have more room to place their drinks. In fact, we would try to upgrade the room facilities whenever we can so the room can be as comfortable as possible for our guests. After you left, we also added a new towel rack as we find that it is important to have a place for wet towels to dry especially during the wetter days in low season.

We look forward to your next visit when you bring your group of friends along to stay with us. Thank you once again and see you again soon!
Singapore
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Arrived at Haven Guesthouse on 5 April 2013 and was warmly greeted by Vanilla, no barking, just licking and tail wagging. Could tell that Vanilla is happy to see us and welcome us. ;) Stayed at Classic Balcony King 1 room, for 4D3N. The room was spacious, bright, squeaky clean and it came with attached bathroom and a balcony. Love the setting of the guesthouse and warmth hospitality by Andy and staff. Massage service was good and masseuse was skilful. Do ask Andy for food, tour operator recommendations. Like the large selection of HD cable TV channels and free WIFI at the guesthouse and room. Will stay at Haven again on my next trip and definitely recommend it to anyone intending to visit Ao Nang!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Andessen, Owner at Aonang Haven Guesthouse.Massage.Tea & Gallery, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for the review. It is nice to hear that enjoyed the guesthouse facilities and had a pleasant stay with us. Be sure to know that you will always be welcome on your next visit.
Singapore
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Got recommended to Andy's guesthouse through a friend of mine, and I am not disappointed by the warm hospitality extended to myself and my group of friends who were in Krabi for a short dive holiday.

Location was pleasant and quiet, but at the same time close to the beach and all the activities at Aonang Beach. Room came with HD cable tv with a large selection of channels, tempting me to sleep in on days I wasn't out for diving. Massage service at Aonang Haven is also top notch, soothing all the knots and muscle aches.

Andy is always open with sharing his recommendations about food and activities, helping us to avoid tourist traps wherever possible. He also helped me get in touch with an excellent dive shop which also valued customer service and satisfaction over profit.

Will definitely stay with Aonang Haven again when i re-visit Krabi!!!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Andessen, Owner at Aonang Haven Guesthouse.Massage.Tea & Gallery, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Thank you for the review. We are happy that you have had a good stay with us. We hope to welcome you at 'The Best Place in Aonang to Rest.Relax.Rejuvenate." shall you visit Krabi again.

We are also very glad that you have enjoyed the comprehensive Satellite TV channels (majority English, standard Thai and a couple of Chinese and Korean) that come equipped in our rooms. This is because we understand that the TV is useless if there is nothing worth watching. National Geographic, HBO, CCTV, KBS World, Cartoon Network and BBC Lifestyle are just some of the channels available. A handful are even in High Definition so you can imagine watching your favourite Premier League team or Hollywood Blockbusters in HD in the comfort of your room.

Whether or not it is for getting through a late night or an unkind weather, we know it matters.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Stayed here from 25/03 till 29/03 2013.

Greeted by the friendly owner/manager Andy upon arrival, and his cute doggy Vanilla. I found the guesthouse very quaint, clean solid colours of white walls with mahogany wooden flooring peppered with small little pots of plants at the corners. There is NO elevator in the guesthouse. Visitors with bulky and big baggage please take note that there's only the stairs. Guesthouse is 4 storey high with a basement, the innkeeper's room is on the second floor, and the rooms are found on the 3rd and 4th floor.

There are 4 rooms in the guesthouse, 2 kings and 2 queens. All rooms come with attached personal bathroom, however only the king room have a balcony that faces the main street. The queen room is windowless. So do book the king room if you are prone to feeling claustrophobic. I stayed in a king room with the balcony. There are 2 chairs and a table in the balcony should you want to spend the night just chilling with a drink as you watch the happenings on the street of Ao Nang. A complimentary serving of welcome drinks was in the chiller. Towels were fluffy and clean. Shampoo and body cleanser are provided in wall-mounted dispensers in the shower.

There is free wifi in the guesthouse and more than 100 cable tv channels to choose from. Some channels are in high definition. There are complimentary servings of Nescafe coffee and tea bags at the staircase landing with a hot flask. Feel free to make yourself a cuppa anytime you need a caffeine boost! Cups are provided for in each room.

The in-house massage service is at the basement of the guesthouse and is worth checking out. There are different packages to choose from; from simply foot, back, or a combination of both. If you are feeling tense and in need of a good rubdown, do ask Andy to arrange for the lady who is very skilled in 'unknotting'. Oh and don't hesitate to sound out if you are feeling any pain, after all a massage is supposed to be relaxing and not painful! The pricing might be a little higher than elsewhere, but the skills of the masseuse are generally better, in my opinion, so it is definitely worth it.

Ask Andy for dining recommendations. The location of the guesthouse might be a little further from the beach than some. It is a plus point if you're looking to be away from the bustling hive of activities, noise and crowd. Takes about 10min to stroll to the beach. There's a 7-11 convenience store opposite the street, Starbucks and a 24/7 McDonald's are a couple of mins walk away. Eateries are found on both side of the guesthouse within walking distance.

Do not hesitate to clarify any doubts or complaints you have with Andy.

Overall, a very cosy place to recharge tired bodies and minds. Definitely recommend it to anyone intending to visit Ao Nang!

Room Tip: King room has balcony/window, queen room doesn't. Rooms are no smoking, do ask Andy on where you...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Oynnad
Thank you for the comprehensive review. It is nice to know that you have found all the little things that we have put into our small guesthouse delightful and pleasant. It means a lot to us when a guest understands and appreciates what we are doing. We are also on the look-out to keep improving wherever and whenever we can with every new season so if you ever come visit us again, we hope that there would be something new to make your stay even more pleasing.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Having read all the positive reviews on tripadvisor, I was expecting a decent place to stay. However, there were many problems with my stay at Aonang Haven.

Firstly, the positive things: the location was good, and the room itself was fine. The massages were certainly the best thing about this place, and I would definitely recommend getting one here! On my first night I booked two treatments: a massage and a foot scrub. The massage was lovely, and afterwards I waited for the foot scrub, but by this time the reception area had filled with people deliberating over what treatments to get. The owner told me that I would have to have the foot scrub 'another time' as it was busy now, which I was a little upset about as it was obvious that although I was a guest in the hotel, and had booked 4 hours in advance, they were happy to cancel my booking in favour of a group of people who had just walked in.

In the morning, I woke up for breakfast which had been included in the price of the room, only to be told when I came downstairs that there was no breakfast, and instead I was given a massage voucher. This would have perhaps been ok, except that when I asked if I could use it on the massage I'd already had, I was told this wasn't possible as it was 'a different type of massage'. I felt that this is quite cheeky, since obviously I would not have paid for a massage on my first night had I known that the next day I would be given a free massage voucher. A nice breakfast is available at a nearby cafe, but I think that the owner should change their room description on the online adverts to state that the price actually doesn't include breakfast.

I also found it very strange that the bed had a huge heavy duvet, but no top sheets, so that there was no choice but to have the air con on all night or get very hot under a big duvet. When I asked if they had any sheets available, I was told that no, they didn't! No sheets, in a hotel. I almost went out and bought a sheet so I wouldn't have an uncomfortable night's sleep!

The other thing that happened is that upon returning to my room (barefoot), I stepped in the dog's excrement which he had left outside the door of my room, along with a big puddle of urine. This was absolutely disgusting and really made me want to find another hotel to stay in. When I pointed the mess out to the owner, he wasn't apologetic or attentive at all, which I found very disappointing.

I have to say that I am perplexed at the amount of reviewers calling the owner very friendly and helpful. When I arrived at the hotel, I wasn't told who the owner was and he didn't greet me or introduce himself when he appeared later on, which is surely a basic nicety when running a hotel. He was able to help with the questions I had about Ao Nang, and provided transportation to the airport which was good. However, I found his lack of effort or concern about the shortcomings of my stay (no sheets, no breakfast, poor judgement on voucher offer, stepping in his dog's mess) quite concerning and very off-putting.

I have never written a bad review before but was very shocked at the difference between my experience at this hotel and the overwhelmingly positive reviews here. I would really recommend staying somewhere else in Ao Nang, which I perhaps would have done myself if I was staying longer.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank sarahwilson22
Andessen, Owner at Aonang Haven Guesthouse.Massage.Tea & Gallery, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Ms Wilson,

Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a pleasant stay with us. Some things did not meet your expectation and from your words we can tell that there were obviously some miscommunication. Let me take the opportunity to explain.

First, regarding the treatments on your first night, we are sorry that my receptionist made a mistake by underestimating the timing required for your treatment. She had failed to notice that was already a prior reservation for 6 pax. The same group were already with us the night before and had made a reservation so it is incorrect for you to assume that we had happily cut short your treatment in favor to a bigger group. A group of six would not likely be able to fit into our schedule without a reservation and we made that very clear in words on our menu board: "Small group of 5-8 is possible but accepted through reservation only." In any case, we apologize that we did not inform you about it prior to the start of your treatment as all our staff, including me were all occupied during the busy period. Since you were a guest staying 3 nights with us, I made a suggestion for you to have your foot scrub done at another time.

On your first night when you checked in with us past 4pm, our receptionist was the one tasked to receive you while I was away before taking over at 7pm when she goes off from work. She must have had a bad day at work because again she made the error of not checking and informing you of the lack of breakfast in March. We are sorry about this as we were no longer able to supply breakfast in March/April and all our guests who have pre-booked their stay with breakfast included were compensated with massage treatments. We have already adjusted the booking system to reflect only rooms without breakfast. The massage treatment you had the night before was not one of the three type of massages redeemable as correctly stated on the voucher.

We are happy you enjoyed the breakfast at Smiling Dog Cafe which we highly recommend.

Sorry we couldn't help you with your request for the bed sheets. Our beds are fitted with a mattress protector, a fitted sheet and a duvet so we have no flat sheets available. There is also no extra available because the other sets were all sent to the laundry to be prepared for the next turnover of rooms.

Indeed our dog had an 'accident' which unfortunately were found out by you before we did. If I remembered correctly, I did say sorry to you in a jovial manner with the words "Oh no.. What did he do?" before promptly clearing up the mess. What I did not know was that you had step on the dog's excrement before you wrote this review.

I think there were many misunderstanding about what Aonang Haven is ever since good words about us have been spread around by guests who have appreciate and found a nice and different place in Ao Nang, Krabi to stay on their vacation/holiday/retreat. May I please take the opportunity to clarify that we are not a 'hotel' but a guesthouse with only four rooms and a massage room. What our guests like about Aonang Haven is its simplicity, coziness, homeliness, cleanliness and good service. These factors are reflected in the interior design as well as the atmosphere that we create. We are a very good 2-star accommodation so sometimes find it troubling to have guests expecting much more than that by comparing us to 3-4 star hotel and resorts. Guests who meet us half-way often end up as friend while those who come expecting to have everything given to them and more often leave disappointed.

In the two years that we have since open, Andy has never deliberately introduced himself as the owner because doing so would often create an authoritative environment. He works as part of the group unless needed to make important decisions. Our guests mostly discover it for themselves. Of course there are also the more informed who already knew even before arriving.

There is a sign at our door that reads "Please leave your worries at the door, take off your shoes and step inside."

Guests bring with them their personalities and needs. Some independent, some out-spoken, some quiet, some friendly etc. We try our best to meet each guest's expectation whenever we can and if we cannot, it is just a simple 'No'.

Personally, we find it strange that if you have so many problems staying with us, why not tell us about it on each and every opportunity be it when I open the door for you each time you come back, or when you walk past the reception on your way out or during the drive to the airport to pick up your boyfriend on your second day which I brought you personally.

We sincerely apologize for the miscommunication and mishaps during your stay. We hope to continuously improve our communication with guests by educating our staff members as well as posting information and notices.

We are glad that you have enjoyed your massage and the helpful information provided to you about Ao Nang and Krabi

Do you hate us that much to secretly write a poor review for us? The last I saw from you was a smile after personally driving you to the airport on the last day. Perplex is the right word indeed.