“Excellent restaurant!!!”

Ranked #13 of 295 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Cuisines: Indian, Thai
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Taj Palace located at 44o Moo 2, Aonang beach road krabi Thailand and glad to serve authentic Indian,Thai & Italian food.
Reviewed February 8, 2014

For three years, during one month, we come nearly every evening to tai palace
Sometimes we want to try another restaurant, but we always come back
It's such a good restaurant, excellent food, large choice of plates, especially for vegetarians, for indian food it's the best in town
Umesh and his staff are always so friendly and helpful to make your choice, every time it's a great pleasure to eat here
If you are in aonang, you don't have to miss tai palace!!!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,416)

Reviewed February 4, 2014

I was toying with a one rating for this establishment but as stated in the title the beer was cold and cheap the rest was very, very dubious. OK we are spoilt for choice in my small home town in the north of England and having experienced only average Indian meals on many holidays abroad I was not expecting the earth to move on tasting the food here. However, having ordered a Madras I expected it to be a Madras. Madras curries do not taste of coconut, they just don't, and as far as I am aware they should not be swimming with mustard seeds either. The keema naan I ordered was small, a little greasy and had no real crispness or stretch to the dough, it was "claggy" at best. My wife ordered the chicken sheek kebab which looked ok on arrival but on sampling it was what I would call a "lazy chef" that we were dealing with. It was simply minced chicken, large clumps of virtually raw garlic and the same with the green chilli, no real hint of any dry spices that should be added.

We were recommended to go here by a bar owner who said it's the best Indian food around, if that's the case I would heartily suggest you stick to the Thai restaurants that unceasingly provided excellent , value for money dishes during our stay in This area.

Oh I nearly forgot, the poppadoms were also abysmal.

1  Thank Stuart M
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We had dinner at this restaurant on 13th Jan, 2014 during our trip to Krabi (after searching for indian restaurants, we chose this due to its ratings). The food was very much delicious and really worth the money. Other day we went to a different restaurant (Namaste India), but it wasn't good. After a busy day trip, we were happy for getting great food at this restaurant.

Reviewed January 26, 2014

The meals here were really good did not miss home as they served really good dishes , the fish curry was really good & as well their vegetarian dishes

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

If you are looking for good Indian food in krabi then I think this place is worth a shot. The staff is very welcoming.