“The best cooking class in krabi for thai cuisine”

Krabi Thai Cookery School
Ranked #2 of 4 Food & Drink in Ao Nang
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hands-on Thai cooking course by the renowned chef "Ya" in Ao Nang since 1995.
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Mrs Ya's cooking class is undoubtedly the best hands on experience I've had in thai cuisine. The entire process of teaching is very organised and mrs Ya is very humble and entertaining.
the food cooked is aromatic and the most delecious thai food ever eaten....must do for ppl holidaying in krabi and enjoy thai cuisine. As Mrs Ya says its all bang bang ....chop chop !

Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

this was great! one of the best activities i've tried in thailand! miss Ya is very skilled and very polite! same with the helpers! Go and try it!

Reviewed June 16, 2013

We were on our honeymoon & we love Thai food, so why not learn the art of Thai cooking from one of the best?!
Ya & her girls were lovely. The day was fun & we learnt so much. Great hands on experience & the group was fantastic.
We learnt 10 dishes from making spring rolls to curry pastes from scratch to mains & dessert. Some of my all time favorites- pad Thai & sticky rice with mango.
A must do when I Krabi! Loved it!
Aroi maak!
Khawp khun kha Ya!!! :)

Reviewed June 2, 2013

my wife persuaded ,e to come along and learn to cook with her, which was surprisingly enjoyable, i learned how to make a mussaman, which is my favourite thai dish

Reviewed May 31, 2013

It was Songkran and the tours were sold out! Even the day before a heavy downpour ruin a morning cooking class for me & my fiance. Ya was disappointed as she needed to clean her school up. She arrived early in the morning to our hotel doorsteps to inform us to take up her afternoon class, with promises that we will still get to learn our morning class recipes. I wonder how she will be able to do that?! there's more than 10 recipes to learn then. By noon, we were off in her little mini van to her cooking school. It was refreshing to travel around the kampung away from the touristy area.

Her school was clean, organized and spacious. There was about 7 of us "students" that day and Ya manage to taught us most of her fabulous recipes in a couple of hours. We had fun banging and chopping away with her infamous quote "Bang Bang" which many made fun off but we were more amused with her innocent ways to get the idea through us foreign folks.

I missed Ya and would like to see her again! She's such a friendly and funny person. A COMEDIAN CHEF I must say in her very own words and style. Cooking has never been this fun, this peaceful this easy with her around. A blessing in disguise that the island tours were all fully booked!