“Friendly staff, beautiful/clean rooms, great resort”

Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa
Ranked #6 of 107 Hotels in Ao Nang
Singapore, Singapore
“Friendly staff, beautiful/clean rooms, great resort”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

I stayed here with a couple of friends for 3 nights and I was pleased with the cleanliness of the room and especially the bathroom. Staff were friendly and we were greeted each time we walk pass reception counter. However I feel that the pool is way to small as it's always crowded most of the time unfortunately. Also, the WiFi is rather slow. Got a prepaid card from one of the shops in town for internet connection as the WiFi is really slow at certain times. Other than that everything else is great! Will recommend travelers with family members and kids to stay there!

Room Tip: Higher floors are more peaceful
2 Thank Eugeneckcheah
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Eugeneckcheah,

Thank you for your sharing your experience with us. We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found our rooms clean and pleasant, and the staff friendly.

Your comment regarding WIFI has not been unnoticed and we are regularly reviewing the constantly increasing demand.

We hope we will have another chance to host you again in the future. In the meanwhile our best wishes go to Singapore.

General Manager - Centara Anda Dhevi Resort & Spa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Portland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Well might I start with saying how much we enjoy staying here at centara , if you believe all of the reviews people write about places you certainly wouldn't no what to do , the location was as we were advised and the ambience and the friendliness of the staff certainly met our expectations , we had a pool access room and it was superb , whether you want to dine at the hotel or in the street it doesn't matter as everything is at your fingertips , directly out the front of the hotel is all forms of transport from scooters with sidecars to limos . I really do recommend this hotel however it is up to you the readers to decide and don't get put off by some of the negative post , thank you staff and thanks Sven . Oh and my good friend the rotund guard out the front was great fun

Room Tip: We found ground floor rooms good especially pool access , I guess we are a little bit lazy though
Dear Leigh007-11,

We are so pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff is thrilled by your comments, and we all look forward having you back soon again.

Until then our best wishes to Portland, Victory, Australia.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for two weeks in March April 2014. Service was first rate, the staff very friendly and the hotel was very clean.
Our room was as we hoped for, with lovely walk in Shower, fruit on arrival and bottles of complementary water every day.
Breakfast was fantastic so much choice from Thai food, loads of fruit, cereals, along with bacon sausages, pancakes etc. and a dedicated egg chef too. There were always cakes, doughnuts and croissants every day. The staff were friendly and nothing was too much trouble.
We didn’t eat evening meal in the hotel, but this was due to so many fine places to try outside, but they menu in the hotel looked great. We didn’t use the pool at all, but this was due to us being beach people and being our first time in Thailand we wanted to see as much as possible, again though it looked as lovely as the pictures.
WiFi is a bit of an issue, bit weak in places, not strong enough for Skype etc. but it worked okay and was not really an issue. Maybe boosters for the signal?
All in all we had a fantastic stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Ao Nang.

Gary & Carolyn
Newcastle UK

Room Tip: Pool view or access if you have kids, gardens if you are a couple.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gary S
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear Gary S,

There is nothing more encouraging than knowing that you had a brilliant stay with us. I am pleased to read that you appreciated the cleanliness, enjoyed the selection at breakfast, and that you found the staff very friendly.

There is indeed lots to see around Krabi, and I am pleased learn that you have taken full advantage of it by visiting many places.

The entire team and I are sending your our best wishes to Newcastle, North East England, United Kingdom.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

A couple of friend and I recently just came back from a leisure tour in Krabi, Ao-Nang. We have chosen Centara Anda Dhevi as our temporary home after reading some good review for the resort and the resort certainly live up to the good reviews. When we first arrive, we were greeted warmly by the resort staff and as we are checking in, the staff provided us with scented cold towels and a cordial drink which was nice as my friend and I took an early flight to Krabi and the cold towel really freshen me up. The room that we were staying in is a deluxe room and I must say it although it is not as big, it make it up with the room being really cosy while still being spacious enough. For the deluxe room, the toilet consist of a shower and a bath tub there is also a balcony which is really a nice touch overlooking the streets though the view is blocked by other resorts Centara Anda Dhevi had to offer. For those who are worrying about the location of the resort need not worry as the resort is just a short 5 to 10 minutes walk away from Ao-Nang Beach. Additionally, there is also a mini mart that is situated just across the resort though it is not opened for 24 hours. For travelers who want to handle their own transportation, there are also bike rentals available around the corner. Furthermore, there are tour operators located just across the road thus you need not worry about not being able to sign up for tours that you wish to join. As for the facilities, I am not able to comment much on it as I did not use too much of the facility. However, I must say that the pool was quite disappointing as it was small and get really crowded when the resort hold a poolside party every Thursday evening. During one of the night, me and my friends went down to the lobby bar to get a drink and I strongly recommend you do that as well the reason being the drinks they serve are top-notch. For my last day, my friends and I decided to have a breakfast at Palm Court the resort official restaurant and it was average at best though it have a wide selection available non of them really stands out in my opinion. Overall, I would strongly recommend anyone to choose this resort as they provide superb services and the staffs are warm and keen to please. I will definitely return for a stay in my future trip to Krabi Ao-Nang.

2 Thank ERROR228
Dear ERROR228,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am extremely pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay, the hospitality given, the happy hour or the friendly staff as you mentioned. We are currently in the final stage of implementing a new menu, and it is my hope that you will find some dishes that will stand out for you.

As you are a neighbor of ours, we all look forward having you soon back again. For now our best wishes go to amazing Singapore.

Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed at the Centara Anda Dhevi hotel for 3 nights in August 2013 as part of our tour of Thailand. We booked one of the Deluxe pool view rooms which was on the top floor.

We found the staff to be very helpful and kind. The hotel is modern, clean and well presented. The hotel is located beyond the strip and in a more quieter area of town which we liked - it did mean a walk though on an evening if you were going out for something to eat but we didn't mind that as we liked to take in our surroundings.

We didn't eat at the hotel but the dining area looked good and there was always something interesting on the specials menu.

We would come back to this hotel again! From what we saw, we felt this was definitely one of the better hotels in Ao Nang for the price - the sister hotel (The Grand) also looks great but is a little more pricey and more secluded.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AJW84,

Great to hear back from you and thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very pleased to learn that you appreciated the cleanliness of the hotel, the location, and the helpful staff.

It would be a great pleasure for all of us to welcome you back soon again. Until then “khob khun krub” and best wishes to Leeds, United Kingdom.

General Manager – Centara Anda Dhevi Resort & Spa Krabi
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

People travelling to Krabi have two main locations to choose from: Ao Nong and Nong Thale. Ao Nong is the busy place with everything in only about 2 kms stretch. It has lovely beaches, lot of restaurants, pubs, shopping stalls and adventure centers. Nong Thale is not so developed with a few premium resorts, private beaches, good for families who just want to relax in the hotel and the beach. Nothing much for shopping or partying here.

Now, let me introduce you to the hotel I stayed in. This being the first trip with my wife, I was looking for a good resort with a nice swimming pool in it and close to the beach. I cant call it a resort though, not so spacious but well planned. The hotel is just about 500 yards from the beach, restaurants, pubs and shopping stalls. I stayed here for 3 days with not much time to spend in the hotel. Been to pool only on the first day. Railay beach is a must visit which is only about 10 mins journey in a long tail boat. The most beautiful beach I have ever been to.

Centara is a good property and I would recommend this place to everyone, especially couples.
Would have rated higher if my room had pool access from the balcony.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with pool access
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Santosh P,

Thank you for this wonderful review and great to hear back from you. I am pleased to learn that you and your wife had a nice stay with us and that you enjoyed some excursions while being here at this nice place.

Having said that it is my hope that you can spend more then three nights with us on your next scheduled visit to explore even more. Until then our best wishes go to bustling Bangalore, India.

Tallinn, Estonia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

This hotel is located between Ao Nang and Nopparat Thara beaches, what makes it possible to walk to any of them. Also, the long-tale boat port is close what makes it easy to get to Ao Rallay. The pool area is pretty small, but cozy, clean and well equipped. The hotel bar and restaurant is pretty expensive comparing to any down the road. The restaurant does not offer anything special, thus I would recommend to eat somewhere else. There is an excellent SPA in this hotel.

The only negative thing I can mention is the view from the rooms to the neighbouring hotel, where they built a huge net fence, what you make feeling to be prisoned. :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear SupremoEst,

Nice to hear back from you and thank you for your feedback given. I agree with you that our location has indeed the great advantage in reaching many points of interest by foot, which makes it very convenient.

Our Spa team is thrilled by your comment and they look forward to having you back for another relaxing treatment.

Once again many thanks for choosing our hotel as your home away from home.