“Enjoyed my stay”

Ranked #6 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
Singapore, Singapore
“Enjoyed my stay”
Reviewed April 12, 2014

A couple of friend and I recently just came back from a leisure tour in Krabi, Ao-Nang. We have chosen Centara Anda Dhevi as our temporary home after reading some good review for the resort and the resort certainly live up to the good reviews. When we first arrive, we were greeted warmly by the resort staff and as we are checking in, the staff provided us with scented cold towels and a cordial drink which was nice as my friend and I took an early flight to Krabi and the cold towel really freshen me up. The room that we were staying in is a deluxe room and I must say it although it is not as big, it make it up with the room being really cosy while still being spacious enough. For the deluxe room, the toilet consist of a shower and a bath tub there is also a balcony which is really a nice touch overlooking the streets though the view is blocked by other resorts Centara Anda Dhevi had to offer. For those who are worrying about the location of the resort need not worry as the resort is just a short 5 to 10 minutes walk away from Ao-Nang Beach. Additionally, there is also a mini mart that is situated just across the resort though it is not opened for 24 hours. For travelers who want to handle their own transportation, there are also bike rentals available around the corner. Furthermore, there are tour operators located just across the road thus you need not worry about not being able to sign up for tours that you wish to join. As for the facilities, I am not able to comment much on it as I did not use too much of the facility. However, I must say that the pool was quite disappointing as it was small and get really crowded when the resort hold a poolside party every Thursday evening. During one of the night, me and my friends went down to the lobby bar to get a drink and I strongly recommend you do that as well the reason being the drinks they serve are top-notch. For my last day, my friends and I decided to have a breakfast at Palm Court the resort official restaurant and it was average at best though it have a wide selection available non of them really stands out in my opinion. Overall, I would strongly recommend anyone to choose this resort as they provide superb services and the staffs are warm and keen to please. I will definitely return for a stay in my future trip to Krabi Ao-Nang.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank ERROR228
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Dear ERROR228,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am extremely pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay, the hospitality given, the happy hour or the friendly staff as you mentioned. We are currently in the final stage of implementing a new menu, and it is my hope that you will find some dishes that will stand out for you.

As you are a neighbor of ours, we all look forward having you soon back again. For now our best wishes go to amazing Singapore.

General Manager - Centara Anda Dhevi Resort & Spa Krabi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed at the Centara Anda Dhevi hotel for 3 nights in August 2013 as part of our tour of Thailand. We booked one of the Deluxe pool view rooms which was on the top floor.

We found the staff to be very helpful and kind. The hotel is modern, clean and well presented. The hotel is located beyond the strip and in a more quieter area of town which we liked - it did mean a walk though on an evening if you were going out for something to eat but we didn't mind that as we liked to take in our surroundings.

We didn't eat at the hotel but the dining area looked good and there was always something interesting on the specials menu.

We would come back to this hotel again! From what we saw, we felt this was definitely one of the better hotels in Ao Nang for the price - the sister hotel (The Grand) also looks great but is a little more pricey and more secluded.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear AJW84,

Great to hear back from you and thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am very pleased to learn that you appreciated the cleanliness of the hotel, the location, and the helpful staff.

It would be a great pleasure for all of us to welcome you back soon again. Until then “khob khun krub” and best wishes to Leeds, United Kingdom.

General Manager – Centara Anda Dhevi Resort & Spa Krabi
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed April 12, 2014

People travelling to Krabi have two main locations to choose from: Ao Nong and Nong Thale. Ao Nong is the busy place with everything in only about 2 kms stretch. It has lovely beaches, lot of restaurants, pubs, shopping stalls and adventure centers. Nong Thale is not so developed with a few premium resorts, private beaches, good for families who just want to relax in the hotel and the beach. Nothing much for shopping or partying here.

Now, let me introduce you to the hotel I stayed in. This being the first trip with my wife, I was looking for a good resort with a nice swimming pool in it and close to the beach. I cant call it a resort though, not so spacious but well planned. The hotel is just about 500 yards from the beach, restaurants, pubs and shopping stalls. I stayed here for 3 days with not much time to spend in the hotel. Been to pool only on the first day. Railay beach is a must visit which is only about 10 mins journey in a long tail boat. The most beautiful beach I have ever been to.

Centara is a good property and I would recommend this place to everyone, especially couples.
Would have rated higher if my room had pool access from the balcony.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with pool access
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Santosh P,

Thank you for this wonderful review and great to hear back from you. I am pleased to learn that you and your wife had a nice stay with us and that you enjoyed some excursions while being here at this nice place.

Having said that it is my hope that you can spend more then three nights with us on your next scheduled visit to explore even more. Until then our best wishes go to bustling Bangalore, India.

Tallinn, Estonia
Reviewed April 11, 2014

This hotel is located between Ao Nang and Nopparat Thara beaches, what makes it possible to walk to any of them. Also, the long-tale boat port is close what makes it easy to get to Ao Rallay. The pool area is pretty small, but cozy, clean and well equipped. The hotel bar and restaurant is pretty expensive comparing to any down the road. The restaurant does not offer anything special, thus I would recommend to eat somewhere else. There is an excellent SPA in this hotel.

The only negative thing I can mention is the view from the rooms to the neighbouring hotel, where they built a huge net fence, what you make feeling to be prisoned. :)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear SupremoEst,

Nice to hear back from you and thank you for your feedback given. I agree with you that our location has indeed the great advantage in reaching many points of interest by foot, which makes it very convenient.

Our Spa team is thrilled by your comment and they look forward to having you back for another relaxing treatment.

Once again many thanks for choosing our hotel as your home away from home.

Lancashire
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Let's get the negatives out of the way first! The hotel is not on a large plot so although the lobby is quite spacious, the rest of the areas are quite compact. It is a fairly new hotel and seems to have been built on a narrow strip of land with the accommodation blocks cleverly positioned around a lovely pool. The pool is a constant depth of around 1.2mtrs with steps down and a slide. There's a volleyball net and some Jacuzzi jets at one end.

The rooms are furnished nicely if not lavishly - the bathroom and shower are excellent and the air conditioning (which is essential when we visited in March) is very good indeed. The beds and pillows were very comfortable. There's a small balcony with table and two chairs overlooking the pool. I wouldn't recommend "garden view" rooms as the word garden is used very imaginatively - basically they overlook a few trees near the lobby.

Breakfasts were good - a choice of eggs cooked to order, bacon, cereals, Thai food, bread, toast, fruit, pastries etc. - all very good. Food and drinks in the resort were generally expensive and subject to an additional 17% tax. The hotel didn't object to people buying stuff from the 7-11 shop across the road and eating on the premises..

The hotel is a short walk to the sea front but is much less hectic. I found the staff to be unfailingly polite and helpful - check in was excellently handled by a Spanish lady.

The hotel is excellent for children where the compact size makes it easy to keep your eyes on them. We had 4 grandchildren with us who loved the pool and every aspect of our stay. They used the "kid's club" facility once and enjoyed it. I would say the hotel is especially good for families with younger children. Although we really enjoyed our stay, If staying as an older couple on our own, we may have preferred somewhere with more space and facilities.

Room Tip: Forget the "garden view" rooms!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear thaliman,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and with pleasure I learn that found our hotel a "Good Choice" for your well deserved holiday.

The staff is delighted by your comment and it is our hope, that there will be soon a "Welcome back". Until then our best wishes go to North West of England, Lancashire.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2014

So first impressions we good - but that soon changed.

We were invited to sit down to check in by reception staff named 'Mae'
She was quite stony faced and not overly polite.

We filled in our forms, and enjoyed the welcome cordial and cold towel which was a nice touch - but this is where the nice touch ended.

She then asked us to go and take a seat in reception, and that was that!

We sat, and waited, and watched other people check in and be taken to their rooms, and we stall sat.

At one point a member of staff came over and said can I help you - as if we were squatters.

After 45 mins, we complained and enquired as to why we were still sat there to be told it will be at least another 20 mins as there are no rooms.

Odd - as everyone else had checked in who arrived after us!

We made it quite clear it was un acceptable, and then be-grudgingly we were shown to a room - funny - as there were apparently none available.

I'm not sure what the issue was - but we didn't feel welcome from the beginning - I felt this was a shame as being a travel agent, it's these things I remember and tell my clients.

The room itself was okay, nothing special. Nicely decorated, and good pool view with balcony.

The hotel itself was very clean, and well looked after.

To be honest the attitude we had a check in put us off the hotel.

Pool snack service wasn't great, food cold!

Breakfast was good - check out just as much of a shambles as check in.

Location okay, about a 10 - 15 min walk to the centre of Ao Nang.

Credit to the security guard - the only member of staff who smiled - he was great!

Wouldn't go back again.

Room Tip: Pool view is nice, but the kids in the pool are noisy!
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Troy A
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Troy A,

With concern I read your comments of your stay, especially regarding check-in. This is certainly not the standard one would expect from Centara Anda Dhevi, and I would like to apologies for the 30 minutes delay you have suffered from since official check-in time is 14.00hrs and we only were able to escort you to the room at 14.30hrs. You may rest assured that it is in our own interest to handover the rooms as soon as possible and if someone had the room before you it most likely is because of another room category and because the room has been evacuated earlier in the morning, and certainly the staff has had no intension to “let you down”. As for me I will take your comments on board and use them to better our service, even though I can say we usually do not fail in our commitment to handover the rooms in time. Unfortunately in your case we failed and I do regret that.

General Manager – Centara Anda Dhevi Resort & Spa Krabi
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed April 6, 2014

This is my second trip to Krabi with my family and we definitely found a marvellous hotel to stay in. Its location is simply magic. Just a short walk away from the main Ao Nang buzzing area that's filled with shops, eateries and entertainment.
There's a motorcycle rental shop just outside the hotel opposite the road and a dive shop just about 50m away. So if you are like me who rides a motorcycle to get around and dive in the crystal clear waters, you will surely love this convenience that this hotel location provides.
The hotel itself is very nice. Its facilities like the pool, gym, restaurant, coffee corner, etc etc are simply relaxing to have around to chill when we are not out.
The staff is very friendly and informative and its service responses are very quick. The room is always well cleaned and immaculate.
Already told my wife that when we come back later again this year or early next year, we will definitely stay at CAD again:)

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank LeeBoonMeng
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear LeeBoonMeng,

Nice to hear back from you and thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us, our friendly staff, the service given and the location.

As I neighbor of ours it is my hope to welcome you and your wife back later this year. Until then we send our best wishes to bustling Singapore.