“Fantastic Hotel.. Great Bar..”

Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa
Ranked #8 of 109 Hotels in Ao Nang
Reviewed October 11, 2013

i stayed here for the one night, unfortunately had a flight booked the next day otherwise i would have stayed longer. The staff during check in were very nice, as well as everyone else I spoke to. The room was very large, i was very impressed by the size of the bed, seeing they moved two doubles together to make a XL King! The room had a nice balcony which over looked the pool.. Was close enough to the beach for a nice stroll, and not far away from the restaurants and bars. Dont miss happy hour, as the bartender mixes a very nice cocktail. Breakfast was good, being a mix of asian and continental buffet.. I was really impressed with the hotel. Definitely stay there again!!

Room Tip: Try the deluxe room with pool view.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Dennis S,

Thank you for your wonderful review. There is nothing more rewarding than to know that you had a great stay with us. Your comments will definitely serve as a big motivation to all, and especially to Front Office and the bartender.

Until we meet again "khob khun krub" and best wishes to Australia.

There are newer reviews for Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Location was good, although a bit further down in the soi and a bit far from the beach. The hotel has a good vibe, felt as if I stepped into a different world once I walked in. Felt very relaxed there. Very comfortable bed. It'd be nice to be provided bath robes and slippers since the room floor can be cold. Pool was also beautiful but it was too cold. Slider was a good, fun-ish plus.

Staff were friendly and helpful. It's a bit of a bum that they can't work cross-function. First night we asked reception for a doormat, had to wait until morning to ask it from the maid. Third night, my boyfriend left his sandals at the pool so he called reception around 8pm, pool was already closed so he had to wait until morning again to talk to the pool staff. Asked for a spoon, was told to go to the palm court restaurant to take it. But well it wasn't anything we couldn't handle. We were still assisted properly. My boyfriend managed to squeeze into my sandals for our walk that night and he got his back the next morning. Overall a wonderful stay, although I can't say it's something extraordinary since it is a 4-star hotel and I wouldn't expect less.

One thing I didn't particularly enjoy was the cleanliness. Sometimes there were ants on the counter and in the bathroom. One day we came back to find dead ants on the wall, most possibly by insecticide. Another day we dropped something under the bed, so we found out upon picking it up that it was extremely dusty under the bed! Apart from those, everything looks neat from the outside but I won't really be so sure. I wouldn't expect this type of cleaning from a hotel of this standard. I have stayed at Centara grand Hua Hin earlier this year and encountered worse room making, poor-mannered maid, inability to fix lamp in the room and the maid told us that we could "sit and read somewhere else". At that time I really wonder to myself whether they didn't train their maids. Ah but that is a little irrelevant, I still chose Centara during this trip. But these whole things just really makes me doubt Centara's standard of cleanliness.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Relaxingko

Dear Relaxingko,

I do appreciate your feedback and I am glad to read, that you had a great time with us. Your comments for improvements have been noted to better our services where possible.

It is my hope to welcoming you back in the near future for another relaxing, yet pleasant stay with us.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed here in June (Ok, I'm behind on my reviews) with the family and had a fantastic time. By chance missed the pool access room i had wanted, but got a pool view room on the third floor...and glad I did! Nothing major, and if you had young kids it would have been heaven, but it was nice to be able to escape the pool noise in the afternoon/evening. The room was large and catered for the four of us, and we really enjoyed our stay. The restaurant was nice, we ate there twice, but do watch the 'offer' of buy one get one meal half price on the first night, if you are more than a couple. It really meant just one meal, which was not clear, and with four of us it just felt a bit of a trick. That said the food was nice and we did try one of the theme evenings, but again had a slight issue with the waiters questioning my daughters child status (we actually produced a passport). Would have been better if the front desk and the restaurant could have spoken?! Finally the 'happy hour' does not include mocktails for the kids, (and this is just a tip for the hotel) - if the kids are happy, the parents will spend more. I felt ripped off for a kids drink that was basically the same cost as an alcoholic one (which were on two for one), and so we didn't do that more than once, and I really wanted to treat the kids and make them feel special. The high cost of what was basically juice and soda water, just spoiled the mood, and made sure the hotel bar missed out on more business. It was also sad that the happy hour only worked in the lobby bar - again, if it had included the pool bar, the hotel would have made a killing!
Anyway moan over, the rooms were nice as I said, the pool is Ok but not massive or that deep - however, great for a cool down. The location is walking distance to many of the restaurants and the rather poor (surprisingly) night market stalls. But be warned, the nearest beaches are strictly for the brave. My daughter, on one walk, pointed out numerous glass bottle bits, several other rusted metal items and best of all a 'squid' which turned out to be something far less interesting unless you like samples of DNA.....say no more!
We did a tour of the islands, and i would suggest shopping around as there were many deals and we got a really good one (thanks to our new friends at the Swiss Chalet across the road). All in all pretty good - just the odd niggle. It was the food and drink issues (pricing etc), that took the shine off what could have been a brilliant stay.

Room Tip: Go for the top floor pool room for quiet with a view, or choose the pool access rooms it you have yo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear David T,

Good to hear back from you and thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am glad to learn that you really enjoyed your stay with us and that you could spend some quality time with your family. I have well taken note of your "niggles" experienced and corrective actions have been already taken place. Mocktails of course are part of the Happy Hour and this should not have happened to you in first place.

I look forward to the opportunity to make it up on your next scheduled visit at our property and hope to welcoming you back soon again.

Until then "khob khun krub" and best wishes.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

I stayed at Centara Anda Dhevi, Aonang, Krabi for 2 nights on late April 2013, It's very nice place to stay, quiet, very clean room, staff are very helpful!!. new property.only small problem when I arrived at 2 pm. I can't get the room until 3 pm.

Room Tip: Room access to swimming pool better room on the higher floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear TWN7755,

Thank you for your feedback which is much appreciated. I am gald to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to welcome you back soon again.

Until then "khob khun krub" and best wishes.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed at the Centara for our last 3 nights in Krabi for my honeymoon. I just want to say a big "THANK YOU" to your team from management to housekeeping team and i really appreciate what the team give in and arrange my request for my stay in krabi. I was impressed by your team's commitment to excellence customer service for always giving a extra miles. And because of you guys that is why i enjoyed a wonderful time in krabi and i'd proud to recommend to my friends.

Good luck and more power to your team.

Reasons why you should stay in Centara Anda Dhevi Resort

1) i would like to specially thank Maria (management trainee) taking the effort to show me personally around the resort and explain the facilities to the smallest details. That give me a everlasting impression.
2) i would like to thank Ms. Mai (Executive Secretary) for planning my honeymoon trip with exceeded expectation. (as pictures provided)
3) Reception was extremely friendly and we were always greeted with a smile by all the staffs whenever we left or arrive at the resort. My compliment to all the staff for the great hospitality experience.
4) There was a water slide installed at the pool. There were balls games available at the pool as well. we played some ball games with hotel babes. :P
5) Breakfast variety was great! there were different menu each day thus i enjoyed the breakfast every day. In fact i was even looking forward to it.
6) clean,spacious room and bed was very comfortable.
7) Excellent hotel for the price
8) plenty of convenience stores just across the road

Improvement that can be made. I believed the points i stated here was reflected in many reviews here as well.

1) room service - rooms were always cleaned in the late afternoon. i was backed from my phi-phi trip at 4pm and looking forward for a bath and i was surprised that room was not cleaned up yet. Luckily it was quickly done after i feedback to the reception.

2) Toothbrush and toothpaste - These were not provided. It will be great if Centara Anda Dhevi will to provide them

3) Not many people were aware that Centara Anda Dhevi Resort was a "green" resort. I did not realise it until the 2nd day of my trip. It could create better awareness if more sign can be placed so that people know that towel will only be changed it's placed in the bathtub.

Overall,it is a lovely place to stay and i really enjoyed my anniversary here.

Justin

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Dear Justin323,

Thank you for your wonderful review. It is with great pleasure to learn, that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Our staff members are thrilled by your comments, especially Maria and Khun Mai.

It is my hope to welcome you back soon again for another relaxing stay with us.

Until then we send you our best wishes to Singapore.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Booked a 5 night stay at this Hotel. On checkin, staff were efficient, friendly and fast. Booked a deluxe garden view room, but on checking found that it was very small, and not the size mentioned in the website. Sent an email to the reservation staff Pen who was so efficient in always promptly replying to my mails telling her I was disapointed with the room and she promptly replied that she has taken up the matter with the Front office and someone will contact me. True to her word, Wass contacted me and she offered to upgrade us to a twin bedroom which was large, spacious and just what I wanted. The next day I got a note from the GM Mr.Sven Walter inviting us for a drink, a fact greatly appreciated. I found the staff polite and always smiling and greeting you.

The Hotel is Not on the beach, nor in a tropical garden. Its set in a Lane with hotels on every side. It is a 10 minute walk to the quiet noparathara Beach and about 15 minutes to Ao Nang beach. Lots of mini marts around that love to fleece you. Food around the hotel too is pretty expensive till we found a bunch of muslim ladies selling delicious street food which was worth the money. Come out of the hotel, turn left and head to the Main Road. If you walk right, you come to Noparathara beach, if you turn left you head towards all the shops and you will also find on your right a short walk away, carts selling all kinds of food from Fried rice to Pad Thai.
I couldnt find a single supermarket in Ao nang, and the usual touristy stuff is very expensive, more than double or in some cases three times the cost of stuff in Bangkok. The hotel also has a nice BBQ Buffet on Tuesday and Thai buffet on Saturday which is value for money. The Hotel also has a large pool which can be quite noisy at times. The hotel offers free wifi which is pretty fast.

I booked my transfers and sightseeings through krabishuttle.com and found them very very efficient and quite reasonable. There are also a number of information booths outside the hotel which can assisit with cooking classes, sightseeing tours, etc. We did a tour to Phi Phi, 4 islands and a Night market tour. Do the Phi Phi and 4 Islands only if you like to snorkel or swim and if you could stomach the bumpy speedboat. Otherwise, you will find it boring as the drop you on the island for an hour and you would just have to sit there. The Night market tour was very disappointing, more of food to eat than things to buy.

On the whole, Krabi is ideal for those who love to visit un inhabited islands and swim or snorkel. If youre not interested in getting wet or snorkelling, then Krabi is NOT for you.....

Thank you Centara for a pleasant and comfortable stay, though I was a bit disappointed when I was asked to check out at 12 noon and the lady in the reception refused to give me a checkout till 2pm and told me to sit in the reception and take a shower at the swimming pool if needed.

Room Tip: Choose the Pool View Deluxe rooms as its spacious and comfortable. The deluxe Garden is very small.
2  Thank vinn_2k

Dear vinn_2k,

Nice to hear back from you and thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you enjoyed the friendliness of our staff members.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon again, hopefully we then can offer you a late check out. Unfortunately, as you know, this is not always possible.

Until we meet again "khob khun krub" and best wishes to Bangalore..

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed at the Centara for our last 3 nights in Krabi. When we checked in the staff were extremely helpful, and the room was nice and airy. At check in we quizzed about upgrading to a pool access room but we informed that these were full ( In hindsight we were glad this was the case - more about this later).
On our first night we realised that this hotel was not really for us as although it is nice, it really lacks certain thai features. The majority of guests are european and you really get a feeling that you can be in any hotel in the world, and not in thailand. The pool side is nice, however it can be extremely noisy - so not great for couples for just want to relax by the pool. The pool access rooms must have been extremely noisy - and we were thankful we did not reserve one of these.
Breakfast was just ok - not as varied as other hotels in Ao Nang. They did not have any green tea available - just normal coffee or tea.
The mini mart and the travel agent (part of the swiss hotel) across the road from this hotel was great. We booked a great trip to Hong Island as part of our holiday which was really enjoyable.

2  Thank Winnie8888

Dear Winnie8888,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that you had a good overall stay with us and that you enjoyed the friendly service of our staff members.

We look forward welcoming you back in our property. Until then we send you our best wishes.