“Nice Hotel, Pleasant Stay”

Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa
Ranked #6 of 107 Hotels in Ao Nang
Bengaluru, India
“Nice Hotel, Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 4, 2013

Booked a 5 night stay at this Hotel. On checkin, staff were efficient, friendly and fast. Booked a deluxe garden view room, but on checking found that it was very small, and not the size mentioned in the website. Sent an email to the reservation staff Pen who was so efficient in always promptly replying to my mails telling her I was disapointed with the room and she promptly replied that she has taken up the matter with the Front office and someone will contact me. True to her word, Wass contacted me and she offered to upgrade us to a twin bedroom which was large, spacious and just what I wanted. The next day I got a note from the GM Mr.Sven Walter inviting us for a drink, a fact greatly appreciated. I found the staff polite and always smiling and greeting you.

The Hotel is Not on the beach, nor in a tropical garden. Its set in a Lane with hotels on every side. It is a 10 minute walk to the quiet noparathara Beach and about 15 minutes to Ao Nang beach. Lots of mini marts around that love to fleece you. Food around the hotel too is pretty expensive till we found a bunch of muslim ladies selling delicious street food which was worth the money. Come out of the hotel, turn left and head to the Main Road. If you walk right, you come to Noparathara beach, if you turn left you head towards all the shops and you will also find on your right a short walk away, carts selling all kinds of food from Fried rice to Pad Thai.
I couldnt find a single supermarket in Ao nang, and the usual touristy stuff is very expensive, more than double or in some cases three times the cost of stuff in Bangkok. The hotel also has a nice BBQ Buffet on Tuesday and Thai buffet on Saturday which is value for money. The Hotel also has a large pool which can be quite noisy at times. The hotel offers free wifi which is pretty fast.

I booked my transfers and sightseeings through krabishuttle.com and found them very very efficient and quite reasonable. There are also a number of information booths outside the hotel which can assisit with cooking classes, sightseeing tours, etc. We did a tour to Phi Phi, 4 islands and a Night market tour. Do the Phi Phi and 4 Islands only if you like to snorkel or swim and if you could stomach the bumpy speedboat. Otherwise, you will find it boring as the drop you on the island for an hour and you would just have to sit there. The Night market tour was very disappointing, more of food to eat than things to buy.

On the whole, Krabi is ideal for those who love to visit un inhabited islands and swim or snorkel. If youre not interested in getting wet or snorkelling, then Krabi is NOT for you.....

Thank you Centara for a pleasant and comfortable stay, though I was a bit disappointed when I was asked to check out at 12 noon and the lady in the reception refused to give me a checkout till 2pm and told me to sit in the reception and take a shower at the swimming pool if needed.

Room Tip: Choose the Pool View Deluxe rooms as its spacious and comfortable. The deluxe Garden is very small.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vinn_2k
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear vinn_2k,

Nice to hear back from you and thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you enjoyed the friendliness of our staff members.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon again, hopefully we then can offer you a late check out. Unfortunately, as you know, this is not always possible.

Until we meet again "khob khun krub" and best wishes to Bangalore..

General Manager - Centara Anda Dhevi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed at the Centara for our last 3 nights in Krabi. When we checked in the staff were extremely helpful, and the room was nice and airy. At check in we quizzed about upgrading to a pool access room but we informed that these were full ( In hindsight we were glad this was the case - more about this later).
On our first night we realised that this hotel was not really for us as although it is nice, it really lacks certain thai features. The majority of guests are european and you really get a feeling that you can be in any hotel in the world, and not in thailand. The pool side is nice, however it can be extremely noisy - so not great for couples for just want to relax by the pool. The pool access rooms must have been extremely noisy - and we were thankful we did not reserve one of these.
Breakfast was just ok - not as varied as other hotels in Ao Nang. They did not have any green tea available - just normal coffee or tea.
The mini mart and the travel agent (part of the swiss hotel) across the road from this hotel was great. We booked a great trip to Hong Island as part of our holiday which was really enjoyable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Winnie8888
Dear Winnie8888,

Thank you for your review. I am glad to read that you had a good overall stay with us and that you enjoyed the friendly service of our staff members.

We look forward welcoming you back in our property. Until then we send you our best wishes.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were at Centara Anda Devi for only 2 nights..our first time to Krabi for a short break..we walked into this resort greeted by a friendly smile by the staff..they were very pleasant & helpful..guided to the room personally by one of the staff,showing us the facilities provided..the room we had (pool view) was kept clean,spacious and the bed was very comfy..it was worth the money spent for such comfortable stay..a short walk to the beach & Ao Nang town..great restaurants for good thai food located nearby the resort..
Overall,it is a lovely place to stay..compliments to all the staff for such wonderful hospitality..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Zaireen A,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I am glad to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us with all its facilities. My entire team is thrilled by your comments and we all look forward welcoming you back not too long from now.

Our best wishes to Kuala Lumpur and "khob khun krub".

Bangkok, Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013

It was the first time I stayed at Centara hotel. It was not as good as I had expected. The room I had was not that clean. (You can see from the picture that they didnt clean toilet that well). The shower room at the pool did not drain well.

Location of this hotel is a bit far from Ao Nang beach, but closer to Nopparat Tara beach. You have to walk about 200m to Nopparat Tara and around 500m to Ao Nang. However, breakfast was nice and delicious.

Room Tip: Choose a room with pool view
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank DonRome
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear DonRome,

Thank you for your review. I have well taken note of your comment regarding the room and I will personally take it up with the respective department concerned.

On the other hand I am glad to read that you enjoyed our breakfast. It is my hope that I can welcome you back and to making up for the shortfall you experienced.

Ballarat, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed 8 nights in August. Location was OK, probably a 10 minute walk into the main tourist strip. The hotel was generally pretty quiet. It would have been good if there was another pool as it could get crowded at times. There are plenty of convenience stores just across the road so drinks and snacks can be purchased cheaply and there are plenty of restaurants within a 10 minute walk. One small criticism is the room didn't get serviced until late afternoon each day and the towels and minibar weren't always replaced. Overall a very good resort for the price and I would definitely consider it again if I was in Krabi.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bdm1979
Dear bdm1979,

Good to hear back from you and thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I am glad to read that you have had a pleasant stay with us.

My team and I look forward welcoming you back; hopefully not to long from now. Until then "khob khun krub" and our best wishes to Australia.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Price is reasonable, location is ok. breakfast is good. Room is clean.

We tried the buffet dinner " Best of Thailand", but find the choice is still limited. Actually we find the breakfast is more interesting! Plus there is slight change in the breakfast every morning thus you don't get bored with the same food.

Room Tip: you have a choice of pool access room. but that will mean your room is located on the ground floor a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Zingwalker,

Thank you for your feedback and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. My team and I look forward having you back not too far from now.

Until then we send you our best wishes to Singapore.

Scherpenheuvel, Brabant, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

The people are really friendly but the cleaning could be alot better.

I already send an e-mail to the "operation manager" I will post that below here, he didn't answer the mail. I read in a previous review someone had the same problem and when posting here they where quick to reply. That makes me think they are only concerned with the happiness of the customers if they post on the internet but not if they just complain to them.

I want to point out some concerns I have about the cleanness of the room. I’ve added some pictures to illustrate the problems. As you can see the bathroom mat is still dirty after the cleaning this morning. I had the same with bed sheets. I didn’t put the card on the pillow but still they weren’t changed even with having a very visible spot on it from spilling some Spy red.

An even bigger problem I have is visible on the next photo, there are a bunch of small ants in my room near the fridge, I had left a glass there last night and this morning poured some water in it and had a drink when I stopped drinking I noticed it was full with the ants.

The next picture shows a place under the bathroom sink, I know this is hard to reach to clean but still it looks very dirty, also there is a constant bad smell in the bathroom when turning on the light, I think it has something to do with the ventilation in there.

The next day, the bathroom math was changed but I still have the ant problem in my room.

The rooms are also smaller then they are made to ook on the website and the garden view doesn't exist it's just a view at a fence between this hotel and the next one.

I want to point out again, that the staff is super friendly just makes me sad that the room cleaning is so poor. I even asked house keeping to spray bug spray but they didn't or it didn't help.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Steve_Vandegar,

Thank you for your feedback. With concern I have well taken note of your comments. This is cerntainly not the standard one would expect and you may rest assured that the points raised as well as the missing communication will be followed up.

I personally reply to any comment, and even in different languages no matter whether it is a constructive criticism or a good feedback and I can assure you that any feedback is important to us.

I do hope that I personally can discuss this with you on your next scheduled visit at our property or alternatively you can contact me via hotel website.