Booked a 5 night stay at this Hotel. On checkin, staff were efficient, friendly and fast. Booked a deluxe garden view room, but on checking found that it was very small, and not the size mentioned in the website. Sent an email to the reservation staff Pen who was so efficient in always promptly replying to my mails telling her I was disapointed with the room and she promptly replied that she has taken up the matter with the Front office and someone will contact me. True to her word, Wass contacted me and she offered to upgrade us to a twin bedroom which was large, spacious and just what I wanted. The next day I got a note from the GM Mr.Sven Walter inviting us for a drink, a fact greatly appreciated. I found the staff polite and always smiling and greeting you.
The Hotel is Not on the beach, nor in a tropical garden. Its set in a Lane with hotels on every side. It is a 10 minute walk to the quiet noparathara Beach and about 15 minutes to Ao Nang beach. Lots of mini marts around that love to fleece you. Food around the hotel too is pretty expensive till we found a bunch of muslim ladies selling delicious street food which was worth the money. Come out of the hotel, turn left and head to the Main Road. If you walk right, you come to Noparathara beach, if you turn left you head towards all the shops and you will also find on your right a short walk away, carts selling all kinds of food from Fried rice to Pad Thai.
I couldnt find a single supermarket in Ao nang, and the usual touristy stuff is very expensive, more than double or in some cases three times the cost of stuff in Bangkok. The hotel also has a nice BBQ Buffet on Tuesday and Thai buffet on Saturday which is value for money. The Hotel also has a large pool which can be quite noisy at times. The hotel offers free wifi which is pretty fast.
I booked my transfers and sightseeings through krabishuttle.com and found them very very efficient and quite reasonable. There are also a number of information booths outside the hotel which can assisit with cooking classes, sightseeing tours, etc. We did a tour to Phi Phi, 4 islands and a Night market tour. Do the Phi Phi and 4 Islands only if you like to snorkel or swim and if you could stomach the bumpy speedboat. Otherwise, you will find it boring as the drop you on the island for an hour and you would just have to sit there. The Night market tour was very disappointing, more of food to eat than things to buy.
On the whole, Krabi is ideal for those who love to visit un inhabited islands and swim or snorkel. If youre not interested in getting wet or snorkelling, then Krabi is NOT for you.....
Thank you Centara for a pleasant and comfortable stay, though I was a bit disappointed when I was asked to check out at 12 noon and the lady in the reception refused to give me a checkout till 2pm and told me to sit in the reception and take a shower at the swimming pool if needed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Noparatthara area, west of Ao Nang, the four-star Centara Anda Dhevi Resort & Spa Krabi is a great holiday base moments away from the beach. Along with opportunities to kick-back at the spa or by the 43-metre long swimming pool or enjoy family fun, the resort offers different accommodation styles that include pool access rooms and family suites. Designed with soft tones, wood accents and décor elements that evoke Southern Thailand, the rooms and suite feature ample living areas (from 37 to 85 square metres) with a balcony or terrace. At the heart of the resort is the large swimming pool area, an invitation to lazy moments or family fun, complete with a waterslide, children’s pool, swim-up pool bar, and offering the option of a poolside Thai massage. Wi-Fi is provided with our compliments, and so is access to the two age specific kids clubs. Mums and dads will find in the fitness centre and SPA Cenvaree a place where they can revitalise, rejuvenate or unwind. One’s stay in Krabi wouldn’t be complete without a day of island hopping, exploring outlying islands leisurely and snorkelling in crystal clear waters, all of which can be arranged via the tour desk. Krabi International Airport is a 45-minute drive away from Centara Anda Dhevi Resort & Spa Krabi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Fastbooking, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Agoda, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Anda Dhevi Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Anda Dhevi Resort And Spa Krabi/Ao Nang