“Nice hotel, nice breakfast, reasonable price”

Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa
Ranked #8 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
Singapore, Singapore
“Nice hotel, nice breakfast, reasonable price”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Price is reasonable, location is ok. breakfast is good. Room is clean.

We tried the buffet dinner " Best of Thailand", but find the choice is still limited. Actually we find the breakfast is more interesting! Plus there is slight change in the breakfast every morning thus you don't get bored with the same food.

Room Tip: you have a choice of pool access room. but that will mean your room is located on the ground floor a...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Zingwalker,

Thank you for your feedback and I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. My team and I look forward having you back not too far from now.

Until then we send you our best wishes to Singapore.

General Manager - Centara Anda Dhevi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Scherpenheuvel, Brabant, Belgium
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The people are really friendly but the cleaning could be alot better.

I already send an e-mail to the "operation manager" I will post that below here, he didn't answer the mail. I read in a previous review someone had the same problem and when posting here they where quick to reply. That makes me think they are only concerned with the happiness of the customers if they post on the internet but not if they just complain to them.

I want to point out some concerns I have about the cleanness of the room. I’ve added some pictures to illustrate the problems. As you can see the bathroom mat is still dirty after the cleaning this morning. I had the same with bed sheets. I didn’t put the card on the pillow but still they weren’t changed even with having a very visible spot on it from spilling some Spy red.

An even bigger problem I have is visible on the next photo, there are a bunch of small ants in my room near the fridge, I had left a glass there last night and this morning poured some water in it and had a drink when I stopped drinking I noticed it was full with the ants.

The next picture shows a place under the bathroom sink, I know this is hard to reach to clean but still it looks very dirty, also there is a constant bad smell in the bathroom when turning on the light, I think it has something to do with the ventilation in there.

The next day, the bathroom math was changed but I still have the ant problem in my room.

The rooms are also smaller then they are made to ook on the website and the garden view doesn't exist it's just a view at a fence between this hotel and the next one.

I want to point out again, that the staff is super friendly just makes me sad that the room cleaning is so poor. I even asked house keeping to spray bug spray but they didn't or it didn't help.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Dear Steve_Vandegar,

Thank you for your feedback. With concern I have well taken note of your comments. This is cerntainly not the standard one would expect and you may rest assured that the points raised as well as the missing communication will be followed up.

I personally reply to any comment, and even in different languages no matter whether it is a constructive criticism or a good feedback and I can assure you that any feedback is important to us.

I do hope that I personally can discuss this with you on your next scheduled visit at our property or alternatively you can contact me via hotel website.

Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We've stayed at the Centara Villas Koh Samui previously, and couldn't have faulted it. However this place was completely opposite. All the reviews looked ok, so think we may have just has a bad experience. The room stunk of damp, and was very dated. We asked to upgrade, but the only place to upgrade to was a pool view room which was just as bad with a pool view. Some of the people who were there didn't leave the hotel, and were quite loud, so you couldn't get any peace by the pool. I would have personally given this hotel a rating of a hostel.

Room Tip: Move to another hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lee F
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Gu11iver_13,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. It is with regret to learn that we were not able to match your expectation and I would like to apologies for the inconvenience and upset that was caused to your good self. I have well taken note of the points listed by you, and you may rest assured that this will be taken up with all department heads responsible to avoid any reoccurrence in the future.

It is my hope that I have a chance to meet with you on your next scheduled visit and discuss further.

Moscow, Moscow City, Russia
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Good clean rooms. Perfect location. Stuff were very friendly. Boy and girl that work in the lobby bar - thanks for show and talk. Breakfast was taste. It was our second stay this beautiful hotel. And if I'll go to Ao Nang again - I'll stay in Centara again.
Only one small minus - no slippers and bathrobes.

Room Tip: Choose 2 and 3-rd floor - it's not so wet like on first floor. But if you want to have your own...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Sergey1717
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Sergey1717,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with us. I am glad to see that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and the service given.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back in the near future.

Until then "khob khun krub" and our best wishes to Moscow.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at this hotel. Staff were warm and welcoming. Great service was provided. Room was spacious and clean with prompt housekeeping. However, the same could nt be said of the spa in the hotel. Me and my partner booked ourselves the after sun recovery massage hoping to soothe our sunburnt skin. But I ended up feeling far from relaxed. It started with an application of some milky rice mixture on the body and it was left on for at least half an hr. After which we were supposed to shower. I nearly slipped and fell as I gt off the massage bed cause the sole of my feet were coated with it. That stuff was not easy to clean off and my shower only had a shampoo and no bath soap. After shower came the massage with aloe Vera gel. But after the therapist applied it on my back , it started to feel very minty and uncomfortable. I hv no idea what kind of gel it was but after my back was done, I was already shivering from the menthol. It felt like I had muscle rub all over my body. Not a good feeling at all. By the time I turned over I was shaking all over. Be warned that the therapist speaks very little English. After repeatedly telling her I don't want my chest and stomach massaged, she still went ahead with it. The massage didn't relax me one bit and I feel its not worth paying the high price. Didn't help that the therapist kept coming in to see if I am done while I was trying to get changed. Better massages can be found at other cheaper massage place there.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Xtasia5
Centara Anda Dh... K, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, September 8, 2013
Dear Xtasia5,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. It is with great pleasure to lean that you enjoyed your overall experience with us even though your Spa comments are very disappointing and you may rest assured that I've taken it up with my team to avoid any reoccurrence. Therefore please accept my apologies.

It is my hope to have you back with us not too far from now and it would be my pleasure to meet in person to discuss in person.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed there for 4 nights. Transport service was prompt and meet us on time at the airport (transport fee was slightly on the higher range).

We are greeted with a warm welcome by all the staffs. Personalize orientation of the hotel facilities and room by the staff. All in all, good hospitality practice by the staff!

Room was spacious and clean. Housekeeper did a very good job by keeping our room clean and making sure that we have daily supply of mineral water and fresh towels . The room was always tidy up when we returned from our activities. Laundry service was fast and clothes smell really good.

Aside from all these positive note, the spa in their premises was a little disappointing. Charged at premium rate with less than ideal expectation. Floor was oily from previous user. For people who can't tolerate chill or minty condition. Please do not try their "after sun recovery " package. The essential oil literally freeze you up and the staff still leave you in a full blasted air conditional room. Perhaps, you can try other package if you like.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank kennyang
Dear kennyang,

Thank you very much for your review. I am glad to learn that you enjoyed your four night stay with us. Our housekeeping team is thrilled by your comments which have been passed on to them. Your points concerning Spa have not been unnoticed and taken up with the department head.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next scheduled visit. Until we meet again " khob khun krub".

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed 5 days 4 Nights here. Very nice hotel, surrounded by waterfalls, and a superb pool. Rooms are big and spacious. We stayed on the pool view room on the 5th floor, right in front of the pool water slide. Nice view and all rooms have also a nice big balcony for sitting outside. Nothing to complain in the above areas. The only set back was on the 2nd day, housekeeping did not clean our room until after almost 3 reminders and calls to the front desk. Housekeeping staff has little or no English at all, so our requests were being ignored as they did not understand. After complaining the final time to Front desk our room were finally cleaned at around 6pm. Aside from this set back, I have no problems with the hotel and service. Parking is available but limited, which is also quite a challenge if you are driving and come home later at night after dinner and drinks. Hopefully hotel will take these comments and improve the service level of the housekeeping staff in timeliness and also command of English. All in all we would come back for a return stay if the opportunity arises.

Room Tip: Ask for Pool Access or Pool View Rooms. High floors would be better less noise.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Asian65
Dear Asian65,

Thank you for sharing your review with us. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, the facilities and the overall experience. It is our every day goal to strive for the best possible service and I have well taken note regarding the English barrier you experienced.

It is my hope to welcome you back in not too far distance. For now, my team and I send you our best wishes to Kuala Lumpur.