“Great hotel, loved the service!”

Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa
Ranked #7 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
“Great hotel, loved the service!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This hotel came by from recommendation, it came by as good as she described, the service was fantastic! especially from the receptionist called Gabrie, she was friendly and had a lovely smile, she helped us booked our kayak session today and helped us book a nice restaurant called the hilltop overseeing the town with taxi right from the hotel entrance. We r just about to go over there now! Only hoped we get to get this service elsewhere we go. Recommended for all.

• Stayed March 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (447)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 4 nights and found no faults with this hotel. Room was spacious and modern, the service was very good and food and drinks were good. I would recommend this hotel. The beaches around here are not that nice so catch a boat to railay as the beaches there are lovely.

• Stayed February 2013
5 Thank Dancing-Suz
Shenzhen
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Hi,

we stayed there for 4 days during Chinese New Year in February 2013 and it was 100% booked out (90% westerners as guests). The room was clean and quiet with a very good bed, small balcony and standard but large bathroom. No complaints here at all. White tiled floor etc. so no fancy feeling but a good room and excellent sleeping place.

We really liked the hotel but is has a few negative aspects:

The Pool is very nice but overcrowded and too small for a Hotel with so many rooms. The sunbeds are literally setup so close that you could touch your neighbors on either side. The area around the pool is relatively small and they stuff in as many sunbeds as they can.
The Pool itself is very kids friendly with a slide and water b-ball etc. So also quite noisy but very large so you can easily swim around undisturbed while the kids are playing in another section. Pool bar is also ok.

Rooms with poll access enjoy no privacy.

Breakfast was good but with very little options. No fresh juices, no real Muesli etc. Some noodles and bacon, fried noodles etc. No noodle soup or other Thai/Asian breakfast alternatives... So I enjoyed it for the first 2 days but then wished for more selections...

Tipp: The swiss place across the streeet has awesome food

Also: Ao NAng is quite Touristy... I am sure there are much better places to go to in Thailand than KRabi. all tours are booked out and overcrowded and the beaches are NOT suited for swimming. (Low tide you need to walk for 800m before the water is deep enough.)

So Overall a good hotel if you don't mind the crowds at the pool and are just looking for a good nights sleep. if that is you goal then go here. You will love it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TravelRaoul
Singapore
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Good service, very friendly staff.
Great rooms, especially the pool entry room.
Not to expensive food and drink (for a hotel).
Pool has a slide and is good size.
Great for families as it has kids room, wii, etc.
Easy walk, or tuk tuk down to the beach, long boats etc.

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank Neil B
Singapore
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We are staying right now for a few nights at this hotel. Quite nice but what I believe should not be allowed is the habit of people ' reserving' their pools beds before going to breakfast by leaving a towel on the bed. And they come back at 10.30 to claim their beds . Around two thirds of the beds are empty until later in the morning so people who just want to go to the pool need to take the second and third grade of beds as all others are ' reserved' . I like the concept of First come, First served. If you want to have a good spot, wake up early and be at the pool on time.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MaritFons
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend in November. We usually stay at 4 or 5 star hotels (Marriotts, Hyatt, etc). We've been guests at the Centara Grande Mirage in Pattaya & Hua Hin many times and so I guess we were expecting similar standards. We would've picked the other beachfront Centara in Krabi but rooms were not available. The location is good. We could walk or pay to get to the beach or the busy downtown area. We coordinated day trips the night before and pick up was on time. There were a couple tour group stands outside the hotel. Check in was great. We arrived early due to an early morning flight. They were able to check us into our room. The room had 2 twin beds but it's the size of a standard double so good enough for a couple with two young kids. Didn't use the spa so cannot comment. Pros: Nice staff, food was good at the poolside. Pool had a slide and kept the kids occupied. Cons: Housekeeping was a disaster for us! Were we the only family with a dirty room???When we entered I noticed right away that the glass shelves had a layer of dirt. I don't think it has been cleaned in a long time to have that layer. The rest of the room looked ok (next time I will check the bedding) and we didn't see any issues...until the next morning. I went to make myself coffee in the room and saw that a spoon was dirty. Thought my husband used the spoon but that wasn't the case. It was just a dirty spoon that was left there. I woke up the kids and pulled the curtains and that's when I found tiny ants in our bed. I proceeded to pull the sheets off the bed to make sure there weren't any other surprises. That's when I noticed a few spots of blood on the corner of the bedsheets. Thought someone had bled. Nope. My kids and I are short so there's no way we would've even touched that area of the bed. I honestly don't think they cleaned our room when we were checked in early the day before. Anyways, when we left our room for the day, I mentioned the ants found in my bed to reception and asked them to request housekeeping do a "really" clean job on the room. When we returned I went to use a glass and noticed it wasn't very clean. I'm afraid that they probably rinsed it in the sink and wiped it with a dirty towel (you could see that it wasn't a glass that's come out of a dishwasher). The next morning we found ants all over my bathing suit that was left on a table on the balcony to dry. We honestly tried to make the most of it realizing that the hotels we wanted to stay at were all booked. We had one more day left and just grinned and had a great time on our daytrips. We filled a survey card at the end of our stay and didn't expect the GM to email me. He apologized which is a point in their favor. We will not be staying here again as I don't want to stay somewhere where I have to constantly be vigilant about the cleanliness of the utensils, bedding etc., right? Good luck!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank jcm111z
General Manager... G, General Manager at Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Dear jcm111z,

Thank you for your posting on Tripadvisor following your stay with us last year in November 2012.

I do recall your guest comment card and our subsequent email correspondence. As previously mentioned in my email to you, I was pleased to see that for the most part you did enjoy your stay with us and, as you have kindly commented in this posting, “the pros regarding our nice staff, good food and kids pool / slide” are much appreciated.

As advised in my email with regard to the issues experienced with the level of cleaning, this was discussed in great detail back then, with the Executive Housekeeper and her team as well as addressed with our laundry company to ensure retraining and thorough checking is conducted both at the laundry and at the room checking stage, before letting rooms to our guests.

I am pleased to say and this certainly appears to be the general guest consensus from both previous and current Tripadvisor postings, that the level of cleaning in our rooms and our quality of laundry is back up to our usual high standards.

Thank you again for your time and posting your review and I do hope we may welcome you back to the Centara Family.

Kind regards
Wayne Duberly
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 31, 2013

The Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa in Ao Nang, Krabi Province is simply an exotic hotel with great facilities, large rooms and very clean bathrooms, with very warm, welcoming friendly staff. It's a great location to take the family too, the kids will simply just love the massive pool, and will enjoy the simple things such as the waterslide into the pool. This hotel is reasonably new, well layout, and we learnt it has been in operation for a little over a year now. It is located near the western edge of Ao Nang, but is still relatively central enough, if you don't mind a 5 to 10 minute walk to the beach front and main drag.

Room Tip: The Garden View Rooms are the best value rooms.