“Pretty on the outside but disappointing service” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa

Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa
Ranked #6 of 105 Hotels in Ao Nang
SP
“Pretty on the outside but disappointing service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

The hotel is very beautiful but seems quite cramped, as if they wanted to have everything at the hotel but had to put one thing on top of the other. As my husband and I arrived I was greeted with a drink and a wet towel but my husband, who was checking in, was not.

Getting to our room, after the first impression of seeing a very spacious area, we started to notice a few things out of place. We had a fruit platter with some fruit that were going off (we didn't even unpack it); the headboard of the bed had a huge stain on it, the wooden table on the balcony was sticky and had hair on it and our minibar had a half eaten sandwich in it and an opened drink. Clearly our room was not cleaned properly since we also didn't have toilet paper and every time they replaced it was because we requested it, as they never brought two rolls.

Also, during our whole stay (3 days), there was construction going on at the hotel. That certainly added to the stress since my husband was quite sick and could not leave the room. I inquired at the front desk about a doctor and all they did was to give me a card and never asked me if we were having a good stay or if we needed help.

One night we asked for the menu for room service and once we had it and were about to order, someone knocked on our door with another menu, saying they had given us the wrong one. The new menu was reduced and much more expensive.

Also, when my husband could go downstairs for lunch we have decided to eat at the hotel, since he wasn't feeling 100%. It turns out they were doing some very loud repairs at the restaurant as well! We tried to sit as far as we could. Our waitress was coughing all over the place and seemed very bored and frustrated.

Breakfast is another story. Everyday there was not enough food and most things were not replaced at all. We only had bread, cheese and ham everyday as the rest was always finished (and we didn't have breakfast late).

The place has potential but I wouldn't choose to stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room far from the swimming pool. The garden view is way nicer, it's less noisy and you...
2 Thank Tat v

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (430)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
DF
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed here in January for our fourth wedding anniversary. I e-mailed the hotel before to make sure they could do something special for us, the only thing I got when I arrived was the 'fruit platter' which was sorta going off when I got there, leaving me wondering if I was the first person to receive this fruit platter. Second thing, that faulted was that when we opened the minibar, I found a half eaten sandwich in the mini-bar and an unfinished soda lying there. 3rd thing that faulted was that because they were in a rush they forgot to leave some toilet paper for when we went to the loo.
Overall the hotel is huge, new and beautiful, but I feel that the service is lacking still and something that could be worked on.
I managed to get Traveler's diarrhea when I was in Krabi, and was bed ridden for the 3 days that we were in the hotel, we told the hotel staff that I was not feeling well that I needed a doctor, all they gave was a card, they did not offer to call, and when I checked out all they wanted to do was settle the account, never even asked if I was feeling better. This left me with a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth regarding this hotel. I will not recommend, the hotel, it has got so much potential, but I feel the management is heading in the wrong direction.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the pool, very noisy during the day.
3 Thank Jac321
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2012

My first visit to this hotel. Very central location in a Aonang. Close to massage, restaurants, bars and beach. My room has pool view on the fifth floor, and very nice and clean. The hotel has very basic facilities but a fairly nice pool with good layout. The breakfast is average. The spa is not very useful. We drove here and the carpark has limited parking lots. I may visit it again next time.

Room Tip: Pay a little more for pool view or access. It is definitely worth it.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Subang Jaya, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

Hotel was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly and helpful. Felt very safe walking the streets and weather was excellent for walking/beach. Enjoyed the pool which was clean and well maintained. Only very slippery. Hopefully they do something about it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank 50Helen
london
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2012

This was my second visit in Krabi and 3rd hotel,so I can compare this hotel to some others(Buri Tara and Sofitel).If you spend £55 per night as we did I can say that this is very good hotel.Breakfast very avarage,but much better than Buri Tara Resort.Rooms clean and comfy.If you have option choose pool view room .Food prices in hotel restaurant quite cheap compare to Sofitel and overall Centara Anda is not expensive option in Krabi.Staff very friendly and compare to other resort they can speak english.

Room Tip: If you choose garden view room ask for a higher floor.
1 Thank wojtiLondon
Malmö
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2012

This hotel is only a couple of months old, so it is really fresh and clean. The staff is nice and service-minded, we got breakfast for free when we could not get a double bed. The pool area is great. The rooms are spacious, all with balconies, and the standard is high even for Europeans (so this really is a 4-star hotel). It is clean everywhere and they have free wifi with a good connection in the complete hotel area. The hotel is situated close to the town centre (we walked every night, it is only a 5-10 minutes walk) but at a quiet street. We could not hear any noice at all when we were in our room.

The only negative we can say is that the breakfast is poor for European standard (we know it is generally like that in Thailand but we have been to hotels with lower standard but with better breakfast). We missed more kinds of bread other than toast or croissant, bacon and scrambled eggs and/or a cook making fresh omelettes at request, which is what could be expected at this standard - the breakfast would cost 500 Baht if you pay for it extra. Also, the pool bar prices are quite high.

All in all, the hotel is great (we had booked 5 nights but ended up staying there for 10 nights) and we can highly recommend it.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RositaRobert
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

We have enjoyed our stay. Our kids liked the pool and water slide very much. Rooms are great.
Due to improper slope of the bathroom floor, water stagnates. Breakfast menu needs improvement. The hotel is located far away from the beaches and main shopping and food stalls.

• Stayed January 2012