We stayed here for two nights as a treat as we toured around Southern Thailand usually staying in basic digs we thought we would push the boat out whilst in Krabi.
We paid £120 a night for a double room with a garden view which was beautifully decorated, spotlessly clean and well equipped. The hotel is brand new, opened in Oct 2011 apparently and everything is very well presented.
Our main gripe, having stayed in countless hotels for work and pleasure is that we found it hard to justify the Western prices when it is possible to find accommodation just as nice at a fraction of the price. It's a new hotel and the usual teething problems associated with a new venue were present - booking wasn't registered properly, staff need more training and could be a bit more friendly - minor gripes but if you're paying top dollar these things should be sorted. The hotel is lovely but just not worth the money - in our opinion.
The pool is lovely but only a handful of beds get sun all day and all these were taken by the time we got up - breakfast wasn't included in our booking (a bit of a liberty at £120 a night!!) but we did eat at the adjoining Palm Court restaurant that belongs to the hotel. Great food served stone cold! - I'm sure this will be sorted in time but it seemed all our fellow diners had the same complaint. A real shame as the menu and quality of food was great.
To summarise, this hotel will be great once it has been up and running a bit longer but at the moment, the price tag is not justified.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Noparatthara area, west of Ao Nang, the four-star Centara Anda Dhevi Resort & Spa Krabi is a great holiday base moments away from the beach. Along with opportunities to kick-back at the spa or by the 43-metre long swimming pool or enjoy family fun, the resort offers different accommodation styles that include pool access rooms and family suites. Designed with soft tones, wood accents and décor elements that evoke Southern Thailand, the rooms and suite feature ample living areas (from 37 to 85 square metres) with a balcony or terrace. At the heart of the resort is the large swimming pool area, an invitation to lazy moments or family fun, complete with a waterslide, children’s pool, swim-up pool bar, and offering the option of a poolside Thai massage. Wi-Fi is provided with our compliments, and so is access to the two age specific kids clubs. Mums and dads will find in the fitness centre and SPA Cenvaree a place where they can revitalise, rejuvenate or unwind. One’s stay in Krabi wouldn’t be complete without a day of island hopping, exploring outlying islands leisurely and snorkelling in crystal clear waters, all of which can be arranged via the tour desk. Krabi International Airport is a 45-minute drive away from Centara Anda Dhevi Resort & Spa Krabi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Fastbooking, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Centara Anda Dhevi Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Centara Anda Dhevi Hotel Ao Nang
- Centara Anda Dhevi Resort And Spa Krabi/Ao Nang