I choose this hotel purely on Tripadvisor reviews and the fact that other friends were just down the road at another cheaper hotel. (They didn't have rooms available). So I arrive at this hotel. Drag my bags up the steep steps to reception whilst the bell boy stairs into space doing his best to ignore me. I'm then shown to my room in Block 4. Escorted by another receptionist who doesn't offer to help with my bags... down another steep set of stairs, up ramps, around ponds and pools to finally arrive at the room on ground level with pool access. A very ordinary room, nothing special, apart from the shower over the bath which was a death trap. High wide ledge around the bath made it extremely difficult getting in and out. I know you don’t go to Krabi to watch TV, But I like at the end of the day to lay on the bed and watch a movie, or catch up on the news. Well don’t expect to do that here unless you speak Chinese, Russian or Japanese. There are no movie channels or English news services on the TV. Now I did notice that the "kids club" was in front of Block 1 so was happy to be away in block 4. Imagine my delight when every afternoon the 20 or so kids decided to swim in front of Block 4. They screamed their heads off for 3 hours every afternoon. There was some sort of group staying in the hotel, which seemed to take up all the staffs’ time, so there was little to no chance of getting any service. This was particularly apparent at breakfast the following morning. When we arrived the restaurant was nearly empty but there was not one cleaned table. The buffet looked like it had been through a war and what was left on the buffet looked like it had been there since the hotel was built. The staff were not doing anything, one was eating another was playing with someone’s child, and another one just disappeared when we tried to call them over to set the table. We didn't attempt breakfast again during our stay. I noticed that the laundry was quite cheap to do and they also offered a 30% discount so I put my laundry in. It came back folded and smelling like it had been washed, but I'm actually convinced it wasn't. The food I'd sloped down the fronts of a couple of my shirts was still there. I arranged a transfer to the airport on my last night before leaving, and at check-out the following morning was not really surprised to find that one not been arranged, nor had the laundry been charged to my room. So I sat nervously while they quickly arranged transport and I was relieved to be in the van and away from there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang offers chic accommodation in contemporary low-rise buildings located a short distance from Ao Nang Beach. With 213 stylish rooms and suites, each with a private balcony, you can enjoy the resort's excellent facilities and benefit from gracious and personalized service from the welcoming Deevana team. The brand new resort features an exceptional restaurant and bars, three outdoor swimming pools, a kid's pool, a restful and rejuvenating spa, and outstanding meetings and events facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity and TripOnline SA so you can book your Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Krabi Deevana Hotel Ao Nang
- Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang Ao Nang