Stayed in Mercure for 3 nights with my family. Hotel is nice & cozy, room is fantastic and spacious. What I like the most is the facilities of the hotel. Bathrobes, hairdryer, umbrellas, basket, swimming towels are provided without needed to ask. Cloth racks are everywhere i.e. at balcony, wardrobe and toilet. This is important to me when I travel to beach/island as I need to wash and hang my wet clothes very often. I can wash and hang my clothes without needed to go for laundry, although laundry service is cheap which cost around 40baths (outside the hotel).
Restaurant - Unless u are tired and lazy to go out. Dining in the hotel is the last choice you should go for. The food is average and pricey. However, I must give a big credit to the Assistant F&B Manager in Mercure, Mr. Boonlert. He has given us a fantastic time during our stay. His hospitality, sincerity and charming smile has warm our heart. My kids like him so much. He was the only reason why we dine-in (after a good chat and seeing his sweet smile). You did a good job and Thank you Mr. Boonlert !!
Location - Let me tell you my experience. Yes, 15mins to AoNang beach. But please bear in mind, I mean it is the beginning/last (whichever u consider) of the AoNang beach. To walk to the main AoNang beach, please add another 25mins. With the super hot & sunny weather, even a 5mins walk can kill you. It is very inconvenient for us. Although hotel does provide free shuttle, it was only 4 times a day (one way only). And the timing also very awkward. If Im not mistaken, it was 10am, 1pm, 4pm and 8pm. Without much choice, we had to take a TukTuk. 20baths per person at least. We were a group of 6 family members, 4 adults and 2 young children. And every time we take a TukTuk, it costs us around 100-120baths which I think it is a waste of money. If we stayed at the center of AoNang Beach, we could easily save at least 400-500baths without any hassle and trouble.
Food - Please... I repeat... Please DO NOT buy any grocery at the shops along outside the hotel. They are all money suckers. We bought a bread at the nearby store which was 120baths. And when we checked the price at the 7-11 in AoNang, it was only 39baths. Same bread! Mineral Water for example, you can get it in town for only 12baths. But they were selling 20baths. Foot Massage, at AoNang beach 200baths per hour, but there 250baths. The only good thing I can say is the hawker stalls outside (5mins walk) the main road. They sells many yummy local foods i.e. BBQ chicken, crispy coconut dessert etc etc, which you should not miss!
Service - Good thumb up to Mr. Boonlert and one of the receptionist, if Im not mistaken, Ms. Pratnam. She helped me to arrange a birthday surprise to my hubby. A nice & yummy cake and a lovely flower arrangement were prepared to my hubby complimentary. It was a lovely gesture from the hotel to its valued guests. We appreciated it a lot.
Note: Transportation to hotel. Unless you don't mind paying 800-100baths. You can save your money by taking the white bus service from the airport. Only 60baths per person. Going to airport from hotel, you can look for a travel agent booth outside the hotel (about 4mins walk). They charge only 600baths for a Van to airport.
Till then, hope my info helps and enjoy yr trip in Krabi.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang offers chic accommodation in contemporary low-rise buildings located a short distance from Ao Nang Beach. With 213 stylish rooms and suites, each with a private balcony, you can enjoy the resort's excellent facilities and benefit from gracious and personalized service from the welcoming Deevana team. The brand new resort features an exceptional restaurant and bars, three outdoor swimming pools, a kid's pool, a restful and rejuvenating spa, and outstanding meetings and events facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Krabi Deevana Hotel Ao Nang
- Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang Ao Nang