We stayed at the hotel in March 2013 for 3 nights with my toddler of 4 years old.
1. Facilities are clean and well kept. There are pool & jaccuzi divided for adults (long narrow swimming area and with direct room accessible pool room make it weird to swim with stares from inside the room as well as opposite the dinning restaurant) and kids pool is kind of small. Though the gym is cool and the children indoor playroom is nice to keep them entertain for awhile.
2. Room is relatively big and clean with peek-a-boo window to the washroom. Remember to either bring or ask front desk for room slipper as the floor is kind of cold to walk on.
3. Block 1 & 2 are nearest to the lobby area if you don't intend to walk a distance. However there are a flight of stairs so make it inconvenient for family with strollers or wheelchairs
1. A great disappointment start when we checked in at the Reception - slow service and repeatively asked for documents for identification. I was left standing there for a while where 3 caucasian couples behind me has already checked in......The service level impression improved only when the Manager happen to come out to serve us.
2. We did not take the hotel breakfast but simply walk out, there are 2 restaurants that served breakfast starting at about 7:30 - 8:00am. (The namely "Swisschalet" served tasty western style breakfast while the other served local and they only understand simple English)
Distance was about 10minutes walk to the town area. Not too far but under the hot sun can be tedious if if have kids. (If you prefer night happenings and minimal walking, you better off get a hotel along AoNang street as there are plenty of them) On the main street, left lead you to the town. Walk by the right hand side, there is a seafood restaurant which overlook the seaside which is wonderful to have a meal during sunset.
Above all, the hotel was a nice stay.
If you can, bring most of the stuff from home as Krabi being a tourist attraction, most of the stuff cost are relatively on higher end =)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang offers chic accommodation in contemporary low-rise buildings located a short distance from Ao Nang Beach. With 213 stylish rooms and suites, each with a private balcony, you can enjoy the resort's excellent facilities and benefit from gracious and personalized service from the welcoming Deevana team. The brand new resort features an exceptional restaurant and bars, three outdoor swimming pools, a kid's pool, a restful and rejuvenating spa, and outstanding meetings and events facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Odigeo and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Krabi Deevana Hotel Ao Nang
- Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang Ao Nang