I spent 2 nights here in November before flying back up to Bangkok. When I was researching hotels in the Ao nang, Railay, Krabi area I couldn't really find anything that had great reviews or location in my budget, so I ended up spending a bit more and staying at the Mercure Deevana.
The hotel is very new and modern, I stayed in a ground floor room with a little balcony/terrace facing one of the pools and the room was more than adequate.
I swum in the pool once during my stay, though I'm not sure why the pool/garden layout was designed as it is, as it just seems a bit odd. Because of the height of the buildings on both sides of the pool, the ground level didn't see much sun during the day. Also there were only a handful of sunloungers which did not seem enough. Because the pool was long and narrow there was only enough room for a couple of swimmers to do lengths at any one time and anywhere else you stood in the pool kind of got in others' way!
Based on recent crime and a general feeling, I didn't feel safe as a solo female traveller leaving the hotel area after dark, so I ordered room service both nights. The food was fairly decent and a good price.
Finally, when checking out even though I was the only guest in reception it seemed to take forever for the staff to process my final bill and check the room etc. I asked for a taxi to be called to take me to Krabi airport, but as the process took so long and the wait for the taxi even longer even though staff kept promising it was on its way, I ended up jumping in a taxi with some other guests - sorry!
On the whole, the hotel was adequate, though I felt let down by the Ao nang area as a whole, there are far nicer beaches nearby in Thailand that I would skip here if I visited again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang offers chic accommodation in contemporary low-rise buildings located a short distance from Ao Nang Beach. With 213 stylish rooms and suites, each with a private balcony, you can enjoy the resort's excellent facilities and benefit from gracious and personalized service from the welcoming Deevana team. The brand new resort features an exceptional restaurant and bars, three outdoor swimming pools, a kid's pool, a restful and rejuvenating spa, and outstanding meetings and events facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Krabi Deevana Hotel Ao Nang
- Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang Ao Nang