We got to the hotel about an hour early and the room wasn't ready yet. On the official check out time of 14:00 it still wasn't ready and we had to wait additional 40 minutes to get our room. Trying not to get to bored i askes to use one of the internet enabled computers they have for guests, only to find out that using those computers is not free. if you bring your own laptop you are free to use the wireless network, but since i didn't want to bring a laptop to my honeymoon, i just couldn't use the internet.
Other than that, for the most part, everything about this hotel was very good.
The swiming pool is great, lots of water massaging points, even a waterfall...
There are shuttles to the ao nang main street with two "stations", but most of the time we just walked, and alltough it's about 15 to 30 minutes (each way) to do the entire main street, it didn't bother us too much.
The rooms are very comfortable and new, the shower area is huge, like they expect four people to shower at once... ;-)
The bathroom, for some reason, has a big window looking to the living room area. It has a shade that you can roll down but it still left a small gap. So, if you are a bit shy about people watching you as you use the toilet, lookout. I just found it odd.
The staff is very friendly, and the duty manager (which her name i forgot) was very helpful, as she even helped me book my next flight. The staff at the restaurent were wonderful too, allways smiling, and ready to help. The food was good, and the choise was wide enough that even a guy that doesn't eat seafood or pork like me, got enough of a veriety.
We stayed in a ground floor room which was very convenient, but as it was the last room in the corridro, it was close to the staff's utility room, so things got a bit noisy early in the morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang offers chic accommodation in contemporary low-rise buildings located a short distance from Ao Nang Beach. With 213 stylish rooms and suites, each with a private balcony, you can enjoy the resort's excellent facilities and benefit from gracious and personalized service from the welcoming Deevana team. The brand new resort features an exceptional restaurant and bars, three outdoor swimming pools, a kid's pool, a restful and rejuvenating spa, and outstanding meetings and events facilities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Krabi Deevana Hotel Ao Nang
- Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang Ao Nang