“Thanks for a pleasant holiday”

Deevana Plaza Krabi Aonang
Ranked #5 of 107 Hotels in Ao Nang
Bangkok, Thailand
“Thanks for a pleasant holiday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

After busy and stressful days from work, I long for a holiday to recharge my battery. My friends and I decided to go to Krabi and we booked this brand new hotel "Mercure Krabi Deevana". Landing at Krabi International airport, we had the hotel van picked us up at the airport.The very first moment we stepped in to the hotel. It just looked exactly the same as all the pictures posted on the website. A very warm welcome from the local staff is very impressive and they are willing to help you whatever you need. The long swimming pool is very fantastic; they even have the artificial sand shore that would be sparkling by the little light in the night time. The bedroom is very cozy and we feel so comfortable with all the amenities provided. I noticed there are also kids' center (where kids can play game) and fitness room as well as the spa. Too bad I did not have time to use all the facilities, but next time yes I definitely will not miss them. And for the room we booked, it came together with breakfast. I really enjoyed their boiled rice and salad.

On the second day of our trip, we wanted to go kayaking somewhere around here. Again, the staff is very helpful. Based on our needs, they recommended us where we could go and arranged the package tour for us. It's really easy indeed where you can just go down and book the tour with so many options offered. Besides that on our last day, we had our plan changed a bit and needed to rent the van with the chauffeur for the whole day. We just asked the hotel to provide us and everything was ready in just less than 5-10 minutes. How easy and convenient it is!!

In overall, everything in this hotel is very good; the environment, service, friendly staff, and all the amenities. So what else could you ask for. It really went beyond my expectation and this completed my perfect holiday. Highly recommend everyone to visit and experience this hotel by yourselves, with family, friends or anyone. As for me, my battery is fully charged up again and I am ready to get back to the real world. Thank you for the pleasant and perfect holiday. I will surely visit Mercure Krabi Deevana again in the future.

Room Tip: The Pool access room is very private and just a step you can enjoy swimming or even chilling along t...
3 Thank Greatou

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (385)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2011

The hotel is brand new, the modern yet elegant design makes it really stunning.
The staff are very friendly and exceptionally helpful.

Even though the hotel is not on the beachfront, its location makes all the major tourist attractions within easily accessible reach. Ao Nang beach is within a short walk, or if you prefer a quicker way, you can take a motorcycle taxi, like me and my friends did, for just 20 Baht per person.
The hotel also does many day-trip packages with various agents, the staff at reception are more than happy to help make arrangements, and we booked a half-day trip to Ao Tha Lane, for a fun kayaking adventure around the Mangrove forests. Or you can opt for an island trip, a van will pick you up straight from the hotel! Luxury at a reasonable price :)

This hotel's facilities really stand out from the rest, both in-room and within the hotel area. There's something for everyone. Our Superior room was super comfortable, very peaceful and had a lovely mountain view. Just look at my pics ;)
But my favourite feature would definitely be the 3 adjoining swimming pools, with its beautiful artificial beach and nice little touches, which offered enough privacy for you to relax in your own little world. The jacuzzi area is a must try!

Overall, I was very impressed :D

3 Thank SammyOrange
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

I was spending holidays with some friends, and this hotel was the right choice for us. The environment was great. I like its long stretching pool with small cascade decorated at the side. The common area was surrounded by trees. It just made me feel like I was on a superb vacation.

We were staying in a comfortable family room. It was well decorated in a modern style. It also had two-storey bed for children and a living corner with a sofa and a coffee table.

The service was fabulous. Everywhere I went, I could feel the warm welcome from the staffs. They were very friendly and helpful. I also visited the spa and tried the foot massage. What could be more relaxing?

2 Thank berry_bow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2011

Very new hotel. Excellent swimming pools. Easy to go to Railay. Free wireless internet.

1 Thank little_goat66
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

This is the latest addition to krabi. Inspired by a story of birds and cages, the hotel did a good job at blending this concept in its design and touch points. Undeniably its 3 adjoined pools are striking features that will easily blow u away. In a walking distance to a cozy strip of restaurants and bars in Ao nang, this resort is far better than the others of which pictures oftentimes do not represet actual products. If u like what you are seeing, u wouldn't be disappointed at this paradise.

• Stayed October 2011
3 Thank Nick_Jens_TH
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2011

Travelled as a couple, stayed in Mercure Krabi Ao Nang for 2 nights from the 28 September 2011 to 30 September 2011.

Location:
It's situated in a rather quiet area where hotel guests need to walk around 10mins to the main streets to find local foods and shops.

Hotel Environment:
Very new and some part of it is still under renovation. Love the long swimming pool strecthing across 3 blocks of hotel. The hotel has a very modern design and it has its own spa, bar, restaurant, gym and children play's room.

Room:
Stayed in 3rd Storey facing pool view. If you like to have some privacy, probably it's a good idea to choose upper floors because ground floor has pool access, though it's convenient (as you can just jump into the pool from your balcony), but when there are a lot of people at the ground floor area, it could be noisy.

Staffs:
Everyone is friendly towards us, we have received full attention from all the staffs. The services was 5 star standard and most of the staffs understand and speak basic English.

Restaurant:
Open concept with swimming pools next to it. Chef's cooking skill was superb! We were vegetarian and the chef was managed to prepare a fantastic dinner menu for us. One of our favourite desserts was the Mango Sticky Rice. Must try if you ever visit the restaurant.

Spa Service:
Took the traditional Thai massage. The masseuse has good skill, was really an enjoyable and relaxing massage.

Overall:
100% recommended if you are not too price particular.
I would like to say a BIG THANK YOU to all the staffs again for making our stay at your hotel such a wonderful experience. Would definitely choose Mercure again if we ever visit Krabi.

Room Tip: Choose lower floor if you want to have direct pool access or Choose upper floor if you want more p...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kah Wei W
Phuket
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2011

My friends and I had a wonderful weekend at Mercure Krabi Deevana early of Sep 11. It's a very brand new hotel. Everything is new and fresh. The rooms are very nice, very comfortable bed and linens. We stayed in pool access room. We enjoyed swimming in the lap pool, highly recommended. To couch at the balcony is very comfortable, it’s my favorite corner.

The location of the hotel is good and not far from the beach. The food at Kingfisher was wonderful. I love their bread so much. The taste of the food was fantastic and the staff are very friendly and helpful. The interior design of the hotel is cool, modern and stylish. I love their birdcage concept, it’s very thoughtful.

I would definitely go back again and stay longer. Can’t wait!!!! <3