“Not what we expected”

Ranked #48 of 108 Hotels in Ao Nang
Melbourne, Australia
“Not what we expected”
Reviewed April 2, 2014

We were absolutely disappointed. The rooms are quiet big with an even bigger balcony but really that's basically the only good thing I could tell you about this hotel. The staff was very unhelpful (when our safety deposit box wouldn't open and I asked someone at the reception to help us they said they would look for someone and send them up immediately. After 20 minutes still nobody had arrived so my boyfriend walked down to the reception again and the guy who said he would look for somebody was still sitting in the same spot playing games on his phone and told my boyfriend that he couldn't leave) and at breakfast no one cared when there wasn't any more milk for example - you had to ask the staff to refill it every single time even though they had nothing to do. On top of that everything tasted kind of old which didn't make things better.
The water tap in the bathroom was literally just spitting out a tiny stream of water and the shower only had very hot water so it was almost impossible to wash your hair. The place itself looks nice - no doubt - but there were just too many things that ruined it.
Maybe if it were near the beach I could look past all those 'flaws' but with it's pretty inconvenient location (15 minute walk, part of it uphill) it's just not worth it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Missadventurelover

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Great place to stay, not too far from the beach, however you would probably need to use tuk tuk rather than walk. Hotel staff was really helpful. Rooms were clean and big enough..........................

3 Thank aneczka211
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Nice resort in a quiet area which is great if you want to avoid crowds. A bit far from shops and beach but unless you like walking, there is a transportation on certain hours for free of charge.
Nice staff, polite and helpful. Nice and clean rooms with large balcony (we loved it) bathroom toiletries and coffee/tea amenities. Breakfast is served in a outdoor restaurant in front of the reception but the variety was almost the same for during our stay. We had a transport pick up from Krabi Airport and everything was smooth. Not a fancy place, but really good if you want to stay for few days at Ao Nang area.

Room Tip: There are rooms with pool view and "backyard". I have noticed rooms that are on the groun...
1 Thank Ioanna01
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Our first trip to krabi...n a great one... Three days seem just so less ... The resort is lovely... A small cosy resort with clean lovely spacious rooms n a large bathroom with bathtub as well as shower cubicle... Loved the resort ... No fancy no frills... Just like a wonderful homely touch.. The staff was NYC n friendly... Shuttle to market available almost at all hours.. I am glad I opted for this ... Quiet ..serene... Lovely ....They should provide room service n intercom facility ...

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank charanjiv2000
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed February 25, 2014

A dear friend paid for our stay of four days at Maleedee as a wedding gift. We requested for airport pick up but no one showed up. We ended up took a taxi at the airport. There was an email confirmation on the pick up, but when we reached the hotel, they did not apologise and we did not bother to ask further. Personally to me the room was just ok. It was clean but the pillow was too thin for my liking. We had some problem with the shower but no biggie. They replaced the toiletries that have been used but did not refill the soap in the dispenser. The breakfast buffet spread was the same everyday and we only had toast, croissants, cereals and fruits every morning as this is not a halal certified hotel. The location is a bit secluded so it is quiet and peaceful. It took us only 5 minutes to get to Ao Nang beach by motorbike. The motorbike was rented at the hotel for only THB250/day and it was easy to find local halal food around the area. Not all staff can speak English but they were all friendly.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank natasha_alfarid
Reviewed February 23, 2014

We were on our anniversary trip and after weeks on TA i opted for maleedee bay. I have to pat myself on the back for this one! Located around 1 km from aonang beach it has an ideal location....but what impressed me most was the beauty of the resort from the time we entered the gates....it is set within lush greenery throughout the well laid out property. We stayed 3 nights and enjoyed each day. Each room has a little porch where you can have your breakfast or laze on the lounge chaise. The room itself was spacious with a very comfy bed. The bathroom had a tub (not sure if all rooms have this tho) which we really really liked :) Overall we definitely would return here again, thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Room Tip: No room service. Though, if you go place your order at the restaurant they will send food to your ro...
1 Thank miteshmerchant
Chengdu Shi, Sichuan, China
Reviewed February 17, 2014

The hotel seems to be very new. It was spotless. Very clean. It was quiet because it was up on the hill from the entertainment area. It's about a 10 minute walk down the hill to get to pretty much everything. I had 2 communication issues with them. The first was I thought my reservation through Agoda included airport pickup - it did not. The other one is their free shuttle to the beach is only one way. You have to get yourself home or pay them extra money to pick you up. I didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel because I was primarily in Krabi for diving. The staff were helpful and friendly. Room was very comfortable. I was on the 2nd floor with a huge patio looking out over the pools. While I enjoyed my stay because it was quiet and private, I'm not sure I'd stay here again because it was so far away from everything else. Make sure you get to the beach area for the sunsets - they're amazing!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo