“Worst meal we've had in SE Asia”

Beccofino Restaurante Italiano
Ranked #241 of 324 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed April 25, 2013

How they have the audacity to call this an Italian, I don't know. Bland pizza and spaghetti carbonara with chopped up packet ham and sauce from a jar.
To top it off, one of the ceiling lights (faux lead lighting and glass, probably quite heavy!!) fell out of its fixture, straight on to the head of a member of staff who was sitting at a table in the corner. The women who worked there went straight to her aid, the men just laughed.
Not impressed, there is not a hope in hell that we'd return. Only paid the bill because we wanted to get out of there, had we been in England I'd have refused to pay.

1  Thank ClareandAmanda

Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Came here for a respite from thai food. The Mister had the pizza Diavola, which is pretty much pepperoni. I had the bruschetta al pomodoro. Very large portion for a starter, could be shared by two easily. Perfectly adequate. Pizza arrived and the Mister declared it just as good as the ones we've had in Italy, ie thin crisp base, not overloaded with too much cheese or topping. Praise indeed. My spaghetti vongole was absolutely fine. Very good value for money.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

the pizza with bollognese sauce we had here was just awesome, totally reccommend this place, i wish it was located round the corner from me in bristol

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Italian restuarant run by Indians,very poor service,very bland food shrimp cocktail disgusting covered in a green sauce which was the worst shrimp cocktail I have ever tasted,pizza bland tasteless with spam instead of ham.Avoid this place at all costs how they have the audacity to call this Italian cuisine is a joke.In the resort I noticed at least 6 restaurants flying the Italian flag none of which was run by Italians all seemed to be run by Indians,this restaurant is the worst type of tourist trap,the kitchens which I spied from the stairs were dirty as were the toilets.I have eaten Italian food all over the world and this place is by far the worse I have ever been in.At the end of the meal I asked for a refund on the shrimp cocktail which I got but when I asked to discuss the food and service with the manager he refused to come to the table.

1  Thank 232Jimmy
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

Visited here last year, so had a rough idea what to expect. Food was very good. This place had a full pizza oven. The pizza is , in our opinion very good. Thai food we had was very good to. Outside this reaturant is a good pancake and shake maker. Will pass over into the reaturant on request. Added to the experience. We recommend

1  Thank ianbeale