We only stayed 1 night here, then moved on with a TRIPLE upgrade:
1. better location (1km from the beach as opposed to 5km)
2. cheaper place (400 bath instead of 500 bath per double room per night)
3. better room (just simply bigger and nicer + bathroom with bath tub and not currently flooded floor from water running from the sink and shower directly onto the floor without any pipes or connections - the floor has just a hole in the corner to absorb the water from the entire bathroom where the shower is not in any way separated by any curtain or anything from the toilet or sink and is placed right in-between the latter = even though this is typical bathroom for Thailand, I just want to point out that we got an upgrade from Thai bathroom to European one in a place closer to the beach and not in the middle of nowhere at a cheaper rate)
The rip off is though not because of the 500 bath instead of 400 as it is just 12,50 euro against 10 which is fine, but the whole idea of the place is a rip off - they get you there from the bus station by saying "at the beach is more expensive and with us is very cheap and there is a free taxi to the beach all day all the time" - this results in reality being a taxi only 1 time per hour only between 8am and 5pm and after 5pm it is 50 bath per person one way and of course you never manage it to get back to this "middle of nowhere" by 5pm. The most embarrassing thing though is that as soon as you checked out, they are bold enough to start charging you for the taxi to the beach even between 8am to 5pm - more specifically at 10am when check-out deadline is 11am, so technically you are still a guest of them - basically "we know that you are here in the middle of nowhere so we gonna charge you if you want out here now" - in the end they did agree to give us a free lift, but I found it completely unacceptable to even suggest that we should to pay for their "free" taxi service.
Another great thing was that they only connected the air-conditioning in our room only after we told them we could not figure out how to switch it on - basically you can pay more for the room with a/c or less if the a/c is disconnected and the room has just a fan. We paid the a/c rate, but they did not bother connecting a/c until we asked.
The prices in the restaurant are also 30% higher than one should expect. Plus, my breakfast arrived only after my boyfriend has already finished his, even though we ordered at the same time.
Only one person among the staff understands and speaks acceptable English and he was running in-between all the possible jobs (waiter, bell-boy, etc) as the rest did not get what the guests wanted in English.
I did not feel anybody thought of us as anything else than a cash cow.
Positive about the place is that:
-the waiter/bell-boy helped carrying our bags upon arrival
-there was hot water in the shower as promised even though the power of it was very low
-the place does look nice compared to many places we saw before in Thailand and has a/c, hot shower and the toilet with a flush which is not always the case in many cheaper fan rooms, however, as pointed out above, we have easily found a nicer place for less money and at a better location
-the taxi driver drives very carefully (we gave him a tip of 50 bath instead of paying the hotel for what is supposed to be a free service)
-there is a swimming pool if you are interested in it (we were not)
-there is a funny talking bird there which says "morning" in English and some Thai words as well
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ao Nang Baan Suan Resort. Where fantastic holiday offers await you. A Place where thousand little moment... Make up a single, unforgettable experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ao Nang Baan Suan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ao Nang Baan Suan Resort Krabi