“Terrible service, average food.”
Review of Rabieng Talay

Rabieng Talay
Ranked #142 of 270 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Cuisines: Thai, International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A nice restaurant in Ao Nangs Seafood Street
Redcar, United Kingdom
“Terrible service, average food.”
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Ate here 15/4/12 and from the start was unimpressed. We stood for 5 minutes trying to attract attention to be seated and then had to shout again to get drinks 10 minutes later. We ordered fillet steak with lobster eventually however they bought the lobster out on its own... I enquired where the steaks were and they just said nothing and took the lobster away. The steaks appeared 10 minutes later with the same lobster. The steaks were cooked completely wrong, mine was supposed to be medium rare and was well done, my wifes was supposed to be medium to well done and was rare. We mentioned this but they did not care. We also had to ask for cutlery as they didn't set the table. Steak was poor quality, lobster was ok. Definitely do not recommend. As for the view, during the day its nice but you eat here on a night....

• Visited April 2012
2 Thank Joninho75

• Finnish first
  • Thai first
Norway
“Good food, nice view”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Ate here several times on our stay at the hotel. Good food, smiling and serviceminded staff.

Visited February 2012
1 Thank Gusse
Somerset UK
“Excellent meal in a lovely location”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We have eaten in most of the Fish Restaurants in this part of Au Nang and to be honest they are all of a good standard and provided you get a table overlooking the beach then the location is fantastic.
We ordered 4 tiger prawns and a red snapper along with veggies and rice. Bang goes the diet.
The manager was very friendly and picked the best prawns and fish off the display.
When the food started to arrive, the veggies and rice appeared first and the waitress asked us if that was all we had ordered. We explained that we were waiting for the fish.
Five minutes later the prawns and snapper arrived along with some green lip mussels, calamari and other fishy treats. The snapper was not cooked as I had requested but not to worry.
We started eating, my wife started with a tiger prawn and I had some mussels and calamari. I was just about to move half a snapper on to my plate when a surprised waitress turned up with 4 tiger prawn and a red snapper cooked to my liking. Oh dear, what happens now?
Well, they took the first two dishes away and got half way to the kitchen with my empty mussel shells and missing tiger prawn then turned round and delivered the same two dishes to four people sitting on a table just behind us.
Now, our new tiger prawns and snapper were delicious and just as good as we expected.
The only criticism I would make of the restaurant was that when I came to pay with my credit card (the bill was Thai baht 2200 so about £45.00 or $70.00) the waitress said that I must pay an additional 3% credit card charge. This I refused to do as we had not been asked for this charge in any other restaurant, it was not the money it was the principle. Anyway, the manageress relented without an arguement an so that was that.
If they ask, then just politely refuse. I did not see it on the menu and no one mentioned it when we ordered our food and drinks.
It left a bit of a taste, but not as good as the extra tiger prawn!!!

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Thaibart
“Great food and great views”
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We had two meals here - both excellent. The service was excellent - even though my partner ordered the wrong dish, the staff replaced it with the dish he wanted for no extra cost. The view is great - right on the beachfront. Make sure you get there early for a table to watch the sunset over a pre-dinner drink.

• Visited March 2012
3 Thank chminthai
Bangkok, Thailand
“Good Location very good food.”
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Thank your Rabieng Talay to give me very nice dinnder on Valentine day I have very good food and good service I have B B Q seafood set was very good price and I like Papaya Salad eat with chicken stay is waas very good and siting near by the beach side for the sunset time very good location and good remember on this day I will come back again when I come to Ao nang Krabi.

3 Thank Pariya M