“Good food, nice view”

Cuisines: Thai, International
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A nice restaurant in Ao Nangs Seafood Street
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Ate here several times on our stay at the hotel. Good food, smiling and serviceminded staff.

1  Thank Gusse
There are newer reviews for Rabieng Talay

Reviewed March 31, 2012

We have eaten in most of the Fish Restaurants in this part of Au Nang and to be honest they are all of a good standard and provided you get a table overlooking the beach then the location is fantastic.
We ordered 4 tiger prawns and a red snapper along with veggies and rice. Bang goes the diet.
The manager was very friendly and picked the best prawns and fish off the display.
When the food started to arrive, the veggies and rice appeared first and the waitress asked us if that was all we had ordered. We explained that we were waiting for the fish.
Five minutes later the prawns and snapper arrived along with some green lip mussels, calamari and other fishy treats. The snapper was not cooked as I had requested but not to worry.
We started eating, my wife started with a tiger prawn and I had some mussels and calamari. I was just about to move half a snapper on to my plate when a surprised waitress turned up with 4 tiger prawn and a red snapper cooked to my liking. Oh dear, what happens now?
Well, they took the first two dishes away and got half way to the kitchen with my empty mussel shells and missing tiger prawn then turned round and delivered the same two dishes to four people sitting on a table just behind us.
Now, our new tiger prawns and snapper were delicious and just as good as we expected.
The only criticism I would make of the restaurant was that when I came to pay with my credit card (the bill was Thai baht 2200 so about £45.00 or $70.00) the waitress said that I must pay an additional 3% credit card charge. This I refused to do as we had not been asked for this charge in any other restaurant, it was not the money it was the principle. Anyway, the manageress relented without an arguement an so that was that.
If they ask, then just politely refuse. I did not see it on the menu and no one mentioned it when we ordered our food and drinks.
It left a bit of a taste, but not as good as the extra tiger prawn!!!

2  Thank Thaibart
Reviewed March 10, 2012

We had two meals here - both excellent. The service was excellent - even though my partner ordered the wrong dish, the staff replaced it with the dish he wanted for no extra cost. The view is great - right on the beachfront. Make sure you get there early for a table to watch the sunset over a pre-dinner drink.

3  Thank chminthai
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Thank your Rabieng Talay to give me very nice dinnder on Valentine day I have very good food and good service I have B B Q seafood set was very good price and I like Papaya Salad eat with chicken stay is waas very good and siting near by the beach side for the sunset time very good location and good remember on this day I will come back again when I come to Ao nang Krabi.

3  Thank Pariya M
Reviewed February 6, 2012

We visited this restaurant three times and were absolutely satisfied with both food and service. It is nicely located almost at the end of the "fish street" down by the sea with view of the ocean, the staff is nice and the manager is both funny and skilled. We let her recommend how to cook the seafood, we tried several different sauces and everything was delicious. We had lobster, tiger shrimps, prawns, muscels/clams and everything was great. This is a place we would come back to (we were here a couple of times during our last visit 2 years ago), and something we will miss about Ao Nang. We have tried other places as well, but no place could meet the standard of this restaurant, so this is the only place we have visited more than once.

4  Thank RositaRobert