“Great Food with Good Service”
Review of Tanta's

Tanta's
Ranked #171 of 270 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Great Food with Good Service”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Tanta's was not in our travel plan but as we were food hunting for dinner on the first night, we saw the restaurant was super crowded and thought why not give it a try. Their service was good bearing in mind the place was packed but we were attended to fairly well.

We ordered several Thai dishes to go with rice and it was delightful. Several dishes were average but a few really were really yummy. Overall we ordered too much for us and our 3yr old daughter but no regrets.

Tip - flip their menu to the last few pages and look for their Southern Thai Specialties. Any one of these dishes is a must cos they were spectacular.

• Visited February 2013

• Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Haifa, Israel
“Terrible service”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

The restaurant looks nice, the food is ok, the location is good and the service just the worst, their actitud is bad, walking like zombies, not even answered after I said thanks twice, even their cat looks sad, the worst environment ever.

1 Thank Vanycaick
Belgrade, Serbia
“Good food, good service”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Contrary to what I read in several reviews I found this place very good. My wife and me went there two times and on both occasions the food was really good. First time it was Tom Yam, noodles seafood, curry, spring rolls and everything was ok, some items even excellent. Next evening Tom Yam, papaya salad, noodles, and in the end Sticky rice with mango. Delicious, sticky rice was so difficult to find in other places. Prices were very, very reasonable. And the restaurant is always full - the service is very good and they manage to serve pretty quickly despite the crowd and many tables/guests. Good place!

Bergen, Norway
“Horrible service!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

The staff is like a bunch of zombies. They never smiled once, and when you asked for something they didn't even reply with a ok. The energy was so bad, you left the placed feeling depressed. We came here because we had seen people waiting in line at night, so we checked it out for lunch. I saw they had a nice stone oven for pizza, and I suspect that's the only reason people would wait in line. We didn't get the chance to test out the pizza since we came there at 1, and they didn't fire up the oven till 2. The food was ok, nothing more nothing less. If it hadn't been for the horrible staff, it could've been an ok restaurant.

Espoo, Finland
“The best fish I had in Krabi”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We decided to try Tanta's spontaniously because it seemed to be full almost every day. It was definitely a good sign.

I ordered fried shrimps for starters and some full white fish for main course.

It was definitely my best fish during two weeks here in Ao Nang, Krabi. The fish was nicely cooked, well seasoned and covered with Thai herbs. Very tasty, but not very spicy; just the way I prefer fish. The plate was also beautiful, almost like having a fining dining dinner for just 440 THB (about 11 EUR).

My friends had green curry and noodles with shrimps. and they were very statisfied too.

The service was quite slow, probably because it was the day after new year's eve and many other restaurants were closed.