“Horrible service!”

Ranked #214 of 314 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

The staff is like a bunch of zombies. They never smiled once, and when you asked for something they didn't even reply with a ok. The energy was so bad, you left the placed feeling depressed. We came here because we had seen people waiting in line at night, so we checked it out for lunch. I saw they had a nice stone oven for pizza, and I suspect that's the only reason people would wait in line. We didn't get the chance to test out the pizza since we came there at 1, and they didn't fire up the oven till 2. The food was ok, nothing more nothing less. If it hadn't been for the horrible staff, it could've been an ok restaurant.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We decided to try Tanta's spontaniously because it seemed to be full almost every day. It was definitely a good sign.

I ordered fried shrimps for starters and some full white fish for main course.

It was definitely my best fish during two weeks here in Ao Nang, Krabi. The fish was nicely cooked, well seasoned and covered with Thai herbs. Very tasty, but not very spicy; just the way I prefer fish. The plate was also beautiful, almost like having a fining dining dinner for just 440 THB (about 11 EUR).

My friends had green curry and noodles with shrimps. and they were very statisfied too.

The service was quite slow, probably because it was the day after new year's eve and many other restaurants were closed.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

First of all, we had our dinner here on Christmas eve, we were aspecting nothing but a beautiful meal.

The waitress was not smiley and so not interested ( I wonder if is us being Asian ). The food was ok, but nothing fantastic, good for a quick bite but definitely not a proper dinner. Sadly. The portion is very small and it does not serve in different sizes. On top of that it was too expensive for this restaurant's standard.

In short, it was such a disappointment.
Not trying to be mean here but to express my view.

1  Thank Zhen Ming K
Reviewed December 23, 2012

I had not seen the other reviews on here before returning from our holiday. All i can say is that we ate there twice and had good, reasonably priced food both times.

We sampled a lot of the Thai dishes and my one daughter (who doesn't much like spicy) sampled soke of the western stuff.

All was satisfactory or better.

Service was a little mixed but more due to language barriers than unfriendliness. Surprise, surprise the whole world doesn't speak perfect English folks!!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

good variety and always full with customers.....excellent fried rice.....The location is very near the beach straight. I actually went there after it was recommended by a local shop keeper. We ordered some pizza also, though it was not that great. Also try thai soups, they are very good.