“Taste Of Italy”

Ranked #48 of 287 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Azzurra is an authentic Italian restaurant, where you get anything’s you need to have a perfect "Italian Experience", away from Italy. We're creating a wide selection of homemade products, such like pastas (thirteen different kind!!!), pizzas, breads, desserts, fresh tomato sauce and many other delightfully specialties. The owner, Mr. Franco has been working in restaurants all over the country (Italy) since he was only thirteen years old, now he's almost forty-four and he build up Azzurra menu according to the experience he get in the last fourteen years passed in Ao Nang, always putting attention to dishes popularity and customer’s requests. Azzurra is located at the center of the Ao Nang Beach Promenade, very easy to find since the walking way is only 500 meter long. Franco and Azzurra's staff welcome you every days, come to visit us and try the Italian in our way...The Manager, Mr. Franco Russo.We also would like to inform our guest that we do not accept any kind of credit card, thank you.
Reviewed November 20, 2013

This was our first visit to this hotel as always seem to walk past it for one of our usual places.However it always seemed busy so we decided to give it a try and we were not disappointed.
I went for the Penne Arrabiata and my wife the Lasagne and we both said it was one of the best Italian dishes we had eaten. Both were perfectly cooked and tasted fantastic.
It was great to meet the owner who spent a few minutes chatting to us and asking us how spicy etc we liked our food.
Prices were a little more expensive than some of the other Restaurants in Ao Nang but it was worth every penny.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

If you are on holiday in Krabi this is the best place in Aonang to have Italian Food Friendly and excellent quality. highly Recommended

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I have eaten some terrible "Italian" food in Ao nang on my last trip both attempts were atrocious failures. I had almost given up but glad I persevered. In Italy I discovered Italians can't make decent pizzas not in the north anyway. With one exception a quatro fromaggi (four cheeses) if you like your cheese this is a great pizza. Now on the menu Franco has gone one up he calls his chinque Bianca (five white ) all cheeses. I began to question the waitress about the difference between the four and the five cheeses, she advised that that was a question for her father and she would bring him over when he had finished his chat with some other patrons. So we ordered a Mezzo of vino Rosso and during the wait for our chat with Franco since the word chinque had come up épée tried to remember the names of the five towns in the chinque terra starting from monte Rosso and working our way back down the railway line. This kept us amused until Franco almost was ready to discuss cheese. However not quite I listened to the excellent italian of the lady sitting at the next table and began to mentally proactive my chinque fromaggi pofferfors. Another memory question was proposed by my better half. What is the name of the place we pass on the way back from Parma to bologna and we all pronounce it completely wrong, and it's on food packaging. Is it the town or the region name not sure. To cut a long story short it's the vinegar place Modena. This dementia prevention exercise is completed just as Franco arrives to discuss cheese and the merits of five over four and the unreliability of the many quatro fromaggi recipes on the internet. We discover his extra cheese from the one we eat in bologna is pecorino we decide this is a good thing and scoff at Americans who use ricotta as one of there five cheeses we agree it is texturally unsuitable, some how we get on to the subject of vinegar and I mention that alisandro one of the greatest most enthusiastic food guides on the planet recently had his first child and they had laid down a rack at his friends balsamic vinegar factory in Modena. This will be consumed at his child's 21st birthday. Franco was unfamiliar with the process so we discussed this for about ten minutes by which time we had completely demolished the mezzo of Rosso I don't know why we order half litres italian house wines are quite low alcohol content around 11% but they have good robust tastes so we order another half litre I decide to go the five cheeses and to have it Rosso that is with Tomato paste on the base rather than strictly cheese. Jules orders a ham and oregano pizza. Her pizza is pleasant mine is spectacular. Which is just as well as we have invested an hour in discussing this. There is tromp loi on the walls of rural Italy you can order your food in English Thai or Italian are a mixture of all three at once, there are plenty of ceiling fans, half way to through our meal we notice that half the restaurant is smoking cigarettes and all ready onto their post meal digestive drinks. We have spent too long talking before ordering and crossed over into that wonderful old unwritten rule that you didn't smoke in restaurants until digestive time or about nine o'clock. We could not smell a thing were not at all inconvenienced by it I actually found it enjoyable it was like grown ups that have respect for each other. As opposed to the nanny state I live in where everything is handed down from on high by some zealot.
The point being the atmosphere was great, it was sophisticated, relaxed convivial, neither of us was bothered by the smoking but if it is a concern of yours plan to have your meal finished around nine and choose a table at the back. The prices are moderate they are up there when compared to "Thai Italian" but it is worth every baht. For example Thais do not understand tomato paste they use the domestic stuff which is like everything else in Thailand loaded with domestic sugar, they don't understand the correct proportions of basil to tomato paste if you are really unlucky they might chuck in corrianda instead, it's green so what's the difference.? This is a shame because the correct ingredients are all available in Thailand they just don't get it. This is not the case at Azzurra everything is understood and is done berry well just little things like the carafes are actually italian carafes with the chips and scratches of many litres of use withe the words litre and mezzo embossed on the fronts. I loved it I loved the food the people and the atmosphere, as to price I think it was about THB 1600 with as is usual the booze making up 60% of the bill.

I'd be happy to eat here at least once a week for the rest of my life. I liked it a lot.

Cheers

Gary

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Delightful meal, particularly if you need a break from Thai, or cheap beach food.

Home made ravioli was excellent. South African wine by the glass was good. It is more expensive than other generally cheap beach restaurants at Ao Nang but it is worth it. The service was excellent and not typically Italian in that it was fine. The owner is a vegan but he wears leather shoes and the banter was good fun.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I saw the home page, and I checked the price in advance, but the price seems to have gone up as long as I see the menu of the shop.
Because our budget was 1400 baht, we chose the menu in consultation with the clerk. 1 menu is a price of 300 baht about 250 roughly.
Since the owner is Italian, there was no problem with the taste. I could not use a credit card for payment. Satisfaction higher hospitality, because there was no extra cash, so we did not order a drink for our kids, but they provided drinks for service.