“Craving Pasta”

Azzurra
Ranked #46 of 265 Restaurants in Ao Nang
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Azzurra is an authentic Italian restaurant, where you get anything’s you need to have a perfect "Italian Experience", away from Italy. We're creating a wide selection of homemade products, such like pastas (thirteen different kind!!!), pizzas, breads, desserts, fresh tomato sauce and many other delightfully specialties. The owner, Mr. Franco has been working in restaurants all over the country (Italy) since he was only thirteen years old, now he's almost forty-four and he build up Azzurra menu according to the experience he get in the last fourteen years passed in Ao Nang, always putting attention to dishes popularity and customer’s requests. Azzurra is located at the center of the Ao Nang Beach Promenade, very easy to find since the walking way is only 500 meter long. Franco and Azzurra's staff welcome you every days, come to visit us and try the Italian in our way...The Manager, Mr. Franco Russo.We also would like to inform our guest that we do not accept any kind of credit card, thank you.
Pleasant Hill, California
“Craving Pasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

We knew from reading trip advisor that this was might be an authentic Italian run place - sure enough. Great sauces and just right pasta, The owner said he was from Southern Italy but migrated North. I imagine he has to cater to what travelers order but we were satisfied - would go again. It's right across from the beach.

1 Thank RayF237

• Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Thai first
paisley
“A little taste of Italia in Thailand”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

I am a huge fan of Thai food, seafood and all that jazz, we had been in Thailand for a round 10 days when we fancied something a wee bit different.
You know that way when you just get a craving for a certain type of food, well we looked up Trip Advisor and as soon as we saw Italian that sealed the deal, great reviews, handy, being down the front on Ao Nangs main drag and as it turned out, very very nice.
I had Brushetta and pizza which hit the spot just right, nice thin crispy base which is my favorite and a nice glass of red to wash it down, not wanting to forget where i was i also had an icy cold Chang.
It is a sure fire sign that the place is onto a winner when the tables next to you are occupied by Italians.
Great wee find which i recommend highly.
Only gripe being that it was a tad hot but hey, we were in Asia in the hot season.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank bigal61080
“A lovely Italian surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Thai or Italian what's it to be? That was the dilemma that faced my and my parents one night whilst we were deciding which restaurant to go to. So we settled on Azzurra and thoroughly enjoyed it. Firstly the staff were very welcoming and the owner who greeted us was a wonderful host. I ordered a pizza with prosciutto and my parents ordered the seafood linguine. My parents have had many seafood linguinis in many Italian restaurants but they were blown away by the quality of this dish and my father said it was the best seafood linguini he had had for a long time. I'm not a huge fan of seafood but on trying this one I think I may have changed my mind. I think what made this one stand out was that the ingredients were fresh and you could tell, including the pasta.

My pizza was also lovely and again it was clear that fresh ingredients had been used. It wasn't greasy it had a lovely base and the tomato sauce was lovely and fresh. I really enjoyed it. For an Italian restaurant in Thailand you don't know what to expect but this one is excellent. Good service, fresh food, top class what more could you ask for?

If you are in Ao Nang and fancy an Italian then head for Azzurra you won't be disappointed.

1 Thank Jessica D
Singapore, Singapore
“lovely pasta, lovely owner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

My daughter wanted to eat here, she said it looked fancy! Credit to her, it was a good choice. Franco the owner was present, he was lovely with my children and helpful when ordering. The whole service experience was very good and this along with the colouring equipment thoughtfully provided for youngsters made for a pleasant evening. My children enjoyed their pizza whilst my fettucini scoglio was generous in size and seafood. If we hadn't visited on our last night we would definitely have returned.

1 Thank wendsing
Bristol, United Kingdom
“best in town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

i didn't eat at all the Italian restaurants in Ao Nang so don't know for sure that this is the best one, but i swapped notes with otherr people who had eaten elsewhere and this place seemde to get the top spot

Visited February 2013